1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi 3.0TDI CAPA - Stock pump and hybrid results

bobby singh Aug 26, 2017

1. bobby singh

bobby singh BSR VCDS Map User TDi Audi A4 quattro

Thought I'd post this here as referrence to what a stock CAPA fuel pump (CP1 R85) can do with a hybrid.

Spec:

DPF off
    EGR off
    Hybrid turbo MFS 65mm 6+6 wheel & AMG turbine (was already on the car)
    I upgraded some sensors (maf, 4 bar, pcv etc)

[​IMG]

408hp / 880nm
    Stock clutch doing well and spins all fours going in to 3rd

Cheers
    Bobby

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. TimberVD

TimberVD Member

Owner here. :yes:

Can wholeheartedly recommend Bobby, he's really got that special touch with these engine plus he's a fantastic bloke, super friendly. His skills are worth travelling the distance for!

Car has got super drivability, very smooth power delivery. Naturally it's a monster now.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
    bobby singh likes this.
  4. Tim Haugland

Tim Haugland New Member

Hi Bobby!

I got an A4 with the same engine over here in Norway and was considering fitting a Darkside development fmic, 3" dpf delete downpipe and getting rid of the egr valve. Replaced the clutch and flywheel yesterday so i think it will be good for at least a couple of years.
    My dream would be 440hp and 750nm.But first i would go for a remap and are reading that people here are talking about fitting a 4 bar map sensor before remap will help you gain more even with stock turbo??? what kind of power are possible with these mods and a remap??

5. desertstorm

desertstorm Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User TDi Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro

Good results, but what is a PCV sensor ?. I don't think I have ever come across that one on my engine.
    There is no point fitting a 4 bar map sensor with a standard turbo. You aren't going to be running more than 2 bar of boost with it.

6. Tim Haugland

Tim Haugland New Member

Thanx Karl!

What do you reckond i will get with a mod like that?? got any tip of some thing other to include in my tuning plan before i remap it??

7. bobby singh

Stock turbo makes 320ho / 720nm
    Pcv - pressure control valve.

8. bobby singh

4 bar is worth fitting to stock 2260 to make decent torque

9. Tim Haugland

Tim Haugland New Member

Hi bobby!

The tuners over here stop at 300hp and 600nm, any idea on how i can get the last 100nm?? Asume you don't do tuning by remote over here :) ??
    Can the car be driven with 4bar mapsensor without remap or must it be raplaced at the same time as the tuning??

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
  10. bobby singh

No remote tuning - I only tune cars that I can see.
    Correct 4 bar requires calibration.

11. Tjaart

Tjaart New Member

Impressive stuff Bobby. 400 Hp seemed difficult to reach and here you show how it can be done without too much fuss.

What rail pressure, injection quantity and manifold air pressure do you need to run to make this sort of power?

Misikee likes this.
  12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. bobby singh

Thanks - can tell you some information more than stock rail pressure and over 2 bar boost.

raffshore likes this.
  14. Tjaart

Tjaart New Member

Lol. I don't blame you. I was just curious in order to learn more about the 3.0TDI so that I can better understand the limits of my own car.

15. TimberVD

TimberVD Member

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
  16. David Baldwin

David Baldwin New Member

Hi Bobby

Thanks for information and continuously posting your results. Very impressive I must say, been following you for a while now. I've been struggling to find somebody who has experience with this engine. No one wants to touch the thing apart from standard gen stage 1 map. Ive dropped you an email to your outlook address. Live in sussex and require some work done and advice please.

Many thanks

bobby singh likes this.