audi 3.0 tdv/tdi?

J9NY X

Reaction score
hi folks currently looking for an a4 avant 3.0 tdi quattro whats the difference between the tdi and tdv are they both a v6 or just the tdv i know theres 3 different bhp figures? i need one to pull a horse trailor maybe 6 times a year and 15 miles round trip each time just local horse shows for the mrs around 1500kg i know the towing cap on these cars are 2000kg so plenty of pull looked at x5s etc etc but there dogshi*e compared to the audis i already own an a4 1.9 tdi 130 quattro s line i just love it awesome car but done 115k now so dont realy fancy banging a tow bar on and start haulin olus ive drove a v6 3.0 tdi and thought it was amazing i drove an s4 4.2 v8 and i reckon in some places at certain times the diesel would have the edge on it??

Already a post on the 3.0 tdi a few days ago, look on the list.

i read that thread before i posted but are they all v6 diesel engines?

Aragon yes there is such thing as a "TDV" as i have one mate.

The 3.0 TDI TDV is the 233 bhp version that was released just after the 204 bhp version.

As far as i am aware this is a limited edition.

hi folks currently looking for an a4 avant 3.0 tdi quattro whats the difference between the tdi and tdv are they both a v6 or just the tdv i know theres 3 different bhp figures? i need one to pull a horse trailor maybe 6 times a year and 15 miles round trip each time just local horse shows for the mrs around 1500kg i know the towing cap on these cars are 2000kg so plenty of pull looked at x5s etc etc but there dogshi*e compared to the audis i already own an a4 1.9 tdi 130 quattro s line i just love it awesome car but done 115k now so dont realy fancy banging a tow bar on and start haulin olus ive drove a v6 3.0 tdi and thought it was amazing i drove an s4 4.2 v8 and i reckon in some places at certain times the diesel would have the edge on it??

For torque and towing diesel is king and Quattro is even better!

To be honest if your looking at a 3.0 TDI for towing you could'nt do much better mate.

I have had mine remapped and it has almost 600nm of torque, enough to pull a house down.

Amazing on long distance and motorway trips and fantastic for towing and carrying lots of stuff!

The TDV is the 233bhp 3.0 TDi

S4s are great but shockingly expensive to run, insure and maintain.:unsure:

I would go for the 3.0 TDi TDV Quatrro mate.:yes:

For torque and towing diesel is king and Quattro is even better!

To be honest if your looking at a 3.0 TDI for towing you could'nt do much better mate.

I have had mine remapped and it has almost 600nm of torque, enough to pull a house down.

Amazing on long distance and motorway trips and fantastic for towing and carrying lots of stuff!

The TDV is the 233bhp 3.0 TDi

S4s are great but shockingly expensive to run, insure and maintain.:unsure:

I would go for the 3.0 TDi TDV Quatrro mate.:yes:

I agree totally

(but I'd choose an automatic, heheh!)

Its not a limited edition.

3.0 TDI was released in 2005 with 204hp.

It was then upgraded to 233hp for the 2006 model year.

Whatever "TDV" is, its nothing to do with the engine, becuase there are 1.9 and 2.0 TDI models which also have TDV in their model name.

Example: Bipod Cars : AUDI A4 2.0 TDI TDV S LINE 5DR

Maybe so, i have read somewhere it may have something to do with an upgraded gearbox or could be those diesels with a particle filter fitted!

From what i can gather on Google, it indicates that the car has a Diesel Particulate Filter, or probably more correctly, is Euro IV compliant. Non "TDV" models dont have a particulate filter and will probably be EuroIII compliant instead.

I'd go with the non TDV if you are only doing short journeys, previous posts concerning the diesel particulate filter say they cause problems unless you do a fair few miles. If I remember correctly, the costs were quoted around £1500 for replacement (I stand corrected if that's wrong)
One of the guys (Dazmo) who replied to this was looking at getting his removed in a previous post aswell, I recall.