Audi 2018 S3 Quattro Headlight Issue

Massy1985

Reaction score
Good morning all,

I'm new to the forum so please excuse if this is in the incorect area or been answered previously. I have owned my S3 for around 12 months and love the car, unfortunately for me the below fauly came up on the dash last week. "AUDI ADAPTIVE LIGHT SYSTEM FAULT" - The car manual gives very little or no information. Upon further investigation I discovered that the the driverside head light bulb has gone as the per the below image. Me thinking it was a simple fix I purchased what I believed to be the correct replacement bulb and try to relace it. Not so sinple that I discover the front bumper has to be removed to get access to the back of the light and then find out its the incorrect bulb. I have been advised at our local garage that the bulb cannot actually be replaced and a complete new light unit is required. I was gobsmacked at this but even more at the price quoted from audi £1250+vat (part only). Has anyone had this issue and managed to resolve the problem easier and without the massive costs??

Many thanks

Keiren

20220210 074658
20220209 193213

If it's led headlight then unless someone can strip & find a suitable led replacement that matches, then unfortunately it's new headlight or used.

Do you know the headlight part number, it's on the sticker.

If it's led headlight then unless someone can strip & find a suitable led replacement that matches, then unfortunately it's new headlight or used.

Do you know the headlight part number, it's on the sticker.
Hi thanks for the response - image bellow but I believe the part number is
20220210 093437
8V0 941 744 D
@Massy1985 if you let me know your REG i can see if i can get the part number.
DE17SHZ thanks

Yeah best I can do is £1.1k plus fitting, subject to availability.