Audi 2007 S8 Aftermarket Brake pads

Defratos

You’re Dethpicable!!
Reaction score
Website
00626e1.netsolhost.com
Hi guys,

I've got a 2007 Audi S8 with ceramic discs (OEM). I've found that the standard break pads are not up to the bite that I need. It seems to fade and not stop when trying to do an emergency stop from high speeds.

I've been looking around for aftermarket Pads to install but I wanted to see if anyone on here has tried or is using any aftermarket pads.

Currently I've seen EBC and Hawk pads that are for sale, but I'm not sure if they're any good in terms of breaking power, noise and durability.

If anyone can give me any feedback on their experience on aftermarket pads, wether they're EBC or Hawk or any other brand brakes.

Also would you recommend I stay away from any of the above or has anyone had any issues with them previously?

Will appreciate any feedback given.

I'm surprised that you're having issues with the ceramic brake set up. My understanding was that they're supposed to be dogs danglies when it comes to providing braking.

However, I've not experienced them, so can't describe if what you've described is normal, or a result of not bedding in properly.

I've used EBC pads beforehand, and know of others who are still using them, so can recommend them. Also if you're a member of the A8 Owners Club you can get a 15% discount on any parts you buy from EBC Direct