Audi 2 Pigeons 1

box500

Reaction score
Yesterday morning a pigeon flew across the front of my S3 at low level. No bang but it got sucked under the car and ejected out the back in a big puff of feathers. Very pretty. Checked the car, no damage done, phew! Audi 1 - Pigeon 0

So last night bringing back a curry I'm doing warp 9+ down a dual carriageway and damn it there's another pigeon sat in the middle of the road.

OK no sweat, same thing as last time just go over the top and it can do its own impression of supermario between the road and the underside of my car.

Oh no! In whatever passes for a brain in these feckwits decides it will take flight. Well it wasn't a racing pigeon I can tell you that as it only managed to get a couple of feet in the air before bang. Another cascade of feathers and lo and behold, what do I see at the end of the bonnet - a now probably well deceased feathered muppet.

So I slowed down a bit, checked my mirrors and stamped the brakes a few times to see if I could eject it, nope nothing doing. I know some people find nodding dogs in their car quite funny, I now had a nodding pigeon lolling around up front - búgger.

So I get home, first things first - the oven gets put on and the curry placed in oven to keep warm.

I then grab a bin bag and some kitchen roll and walk to the front of the car to be faced by the carnage...

What I am staring at is the head and two feet of the critter all facing forward.

I can't say it had a look of surprise on its face, rest of it was in and around the grill smack bang in the centre where the bonnet catch is. Twas a sight to behold.

I got most of it cleared out last night but had to finish the clean up operation this morning. Audi 2 Pigeons 0

I had some funny looks from the neighbours as I was scrubbing the engine bay wearing surgical gloves and depositing blooded kitchen towels and cloths into a bin bag, all very Dexter I'm sure.

FYI, dettol kitchen cleaner with antibacterial ingredients worked a treat, getting rid of those stubborn, baked on pigeon gizzards. I also recommend the use of a scouring pad in these situations.

I then inspected the grill and there is a crack in it. Also one of the vertical silver bars is missing - I'm wondering if the pigeon had a wingman who stole it? May have to go back to the scene of the crime.. we'll see. Audi 2 Pigeons 1

Not sure what the chances are of two bird strikes in one day ?? Good job I'm not an airline pilot!

Finally, to answer the obvious and pressing question - did I manage to eat and enjoy my chicken curry - absolutely, wasn't going to let a bewinged bampot spoil my evening.

My dad had a similar incident once.....

M4 southbound - fast lane.

Car= S class Mercedes

Animal in question = Pheasant.

75-80mph straight into the windscreen. it flew straight across the motorway. bounced off the windscreen straight into the middle lane on the other side.

Blood everywhere! Windscreen was completely wrecked, but did not shatter.

It was a sunday.... no one has a Merc S class windscreen lying around on a sunday...... was a fun drive home from London way, all the back up to worcestershire.....

Reactions: box500
My dad had a similar incident once.....

M4 southbound - fast lane.

Car= S class Mercedes

Animal in question = Pheasant.

75-80mph straight into the windscreen. it flew straight across the motorway. bounced off the windscreen straight into the middle lane on the other side.

Blood everywhere! Windscreen was completely wrecked, but did not shatter.

It was a sunday.... no one has a Merc S class windscreen lying around on a sunday...... was a fun drive home from London way, all the back up to worcestershire.....

I hit a pheasant in my 950cc fiesta when I was a youngster, I was surprised the fiesta won, the pheasant went vertical. I was told off for not collecting the said pheasant for tea..:think:

In my old car I hit a phesant on a back road, doing the limit I'm sure :D and that took a whole fog grill and cracked the bumper.. :(..

In the new one with the S3 body the other moring was taking a friend out for a spin to show him it had some for him being a bmw man and well, hit 3 bunnies and piegon hit the widesheild, no damage apart from a few bodies on the way back and some fur on the grill and a slight scuff on widesheild, wasn't sure of my speed either... hmm, I think its all down to chance really..

The queen of all bumble bees hit me on my cheek when I was out on my old Gixxer 6. Lifted the visor to scratch my face and was hit pull pelt. Sore - you betcha.

The queen of all bumble bees hit me on my cheek when I was out on my old Gixxer 6. Lifted the visor to scratch my face and was hit pull pelt. Sore - you betcha.

Ouch, had one hit my hand at high speed (mine not its) and it hurt, probably not bad compared to getting one in the coupon.

I had a deer jump a fence on a country road as I was going up to my wife's family's house with a takeaway, the fecker hit the car, brakes on and out I get to check for damage nothing on the body but a nice clean bit on my back wheel. So now over to check the deer as it was laying at the side of the road lifted its head and it was clearly dead so in the boot and to a friends garage and a few days later I had a freezer full of meat. Happy days.

Exactly; if you're going to kill something, at least have the decency to eat it.
Pigeon breast is quite nice. Can be a bit tough, so best ****** in the slow cooker.

:lmfao:
I enjoyed reading that

I hired a commodoor SV6 for a week when I was in Australia, went on a bit of aroad trip. Nobody warned me about the amount of wildlife that comes out once its dark.
Deserted outback roads, insanely quick hire car with excess waiver & wildlife were a bad mix. Had to make it back to civilization in time for the villa match so had my foot planted, went off the road twice in order to avoid kangaroos.

Woke up the next morning and had feathers, fur and all sorts and sizes of bugs bonded with the paintwork.

This was the number plate, the rest of it was just as bad.
DSC07140.jpg

Returned it in this state too!

I had one 50-mile trip last year where a pickup truck in front of me dropped an aerosol of dayglo orange marking paint in front of me, which exploded and my car drive through the paint cloud... then 20 miles later on I drove into a bird...

Bird:

Bird-1.jpg

Birdstrike.jpg

Paint spray residue:
Bird-2.jpg

Bird-3.jpg