Audi 2.0 A4 Cab BPW engine not starting

KWB

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 2008 Audi A4 2.0 PD engine that developed rough running and deteriorated very quickly before stopping and then failed to restart.

No fault codes in vag com and after some diagnosis I found the cam to be very worn and one of the hydraulic tappets had worn though. I purchased a new camshaft and tappets and as the cambefl had been replaced recently marked the bottom pulley and inserted the timing pin into the cam pulley to save having to strip the front end. Camshaft was replaced etc but unfortunately the engine will still not start.

VagCom is reporting no faults and I have taken a few logs. I can see both the crankshaft and cam sensors are reading speed but I am unsure if the crank / cam has synced and any other issues that may inhibit injection.

Torsion value is showing the cam is a little retarded and I can strip and rework but im not sure this is the reason for the engine not firing. Im concerned i may have damaged the pickup ring for the crank sensor when the engine was misfiring or maybe damaged piston (I will compression test next if unable to diagnose in VacCom as I would need to buy a diesel compression tester)

Could anybody help with decoding the variables for Injectors, Start Sync and Injector Shut Off Status?

Many Thanks