Attention S3/a3 Owners With Factory Fitted Rns-e... Help Needed

Dan-Jnr

Reaction score
Ever since I had my RNS-E retrofitted, if I don't use my car for a few days my battery gets drained.
The battery is in good condition 12.4v and on a daily basis never fails to start.

I did a draw test on the battery when the car is off and I get 3.4 to 3.8 A
I did a draw test on Fuse 19 in the engine bay and I get 1.4 to 1.6 A
When I remove fuse 19 the battery draw drops to 1.4 A

I ask any A3 or S3 owners who had RNS-E factory fitted to do a draw test on their battery and fuse 19 and let me know the results, I will be very much appreciated for your time.

This is one annoying problem.

Do you leave your key in the ignition?
If you do just switch the engine off and leave the key in, the rns-e is kept powered up ready for instant use.

Do you leave your key in the ignition?
If you do just switch the engine off and leave the key in, the rns-e is kept powered up ready for instant use.

The readings are taken with the key removed and car locked.

Did you get the sat nav coded if not then this will be your problem. The car needs to know it has nav otherwise it's just running all the time when car is switched off.

Did you get the sat nav coded if not then this will be your problem. The car needs to know it has nav otherwise it's just running all the time when car is switched off.

The coding is correct for my specification. No errors in VCDS. Everything works OK, unit shuts off when key is removed.

I just want to know if cars with factory fitted RNSE draw the same amps when th car is off.