Attempted theft S3

urgh...just need to take precautions and make it difficult.

disklok, ghost immobiliser etc. maybe even etch the windows..is that even a thing anymore?

will change locks on house as well...

I still like my crazy idea of having a "dummy key". One that you leave somewhat out in the open in your house so when thieves break in they quickly spot this set of keys.

It opens the car, but when they turn the ignition on it just starts honking the horn really loudly, car alarm goes off. The car stereo could give an announcement of calling the police..

Who the heck is going to mess around after that.... Probably would leg it.

urgh...just need to take precautions and make it difficult.

maybe even etch the windows..is ..

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/351348539496

I know a few folk who have similarly stickers as an extra deterrent. Disklock and similar steering lock won’t be much a deterrent as most will have the key for it on the same bunch of keys as the car keys. The fact they breaking into your house they will try and find it.

Just saw this on Facebook. This is the sh1t society is dealing with. Broad daylight.

https://m.facebook.com/213561612354440/posts/808460972864498/

About 8 years ago, I got a 2year suspended sentence because I caught a scumbag actually in my car trying to hot wire it. He struggled and tried to run off so I gave him a few slaps and punches and knelt on his back whilst my wife called the cops. He then had the nerve to put in a charge of abh to the police which they followed up.
This is what happens when you try to defend your property..... you become the criminal because some do gooder **** has decided all the thieving ******** have more rights than you.
That's a joke!

Reactions: NevMan, Phil Angel and loftylad
Tell me about it..... he got away with a comunity service sentence and a rehabilitation course.

Reactions: NevMan
They know they can’t be touched , I would have said I acted in self defence as it was on your property they’d find it difficult to prosecute

Reactions: Phil Angel
They know they can’t be touched , I would have said I acted in self defence as it was on your property they’d find it difficult to prosecute

Get a shovel. These scumbags will make good fertiliser :wink:

Reactions: Simon Lowe and loftylad
A simple tip if you do not have a dog , place a “BEWARE OF THE DOG(S) “sign on your gate/Fence /Doors , this is a definite deterrent especially when the signs are indicating that aGerman Shepherd or Doberman live here!!
I can personally recommend getting yourself a specially trained Malinois dog.

Reactions: Simon Lowe
I have 2 German Shepherds. Barks worse than their bite, although I wouldn't like to get on the wrong side of em!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan and Simon Lowe
A Rhodesian Ridge back would be my choice, a very very aggressive but loyal piece of horror

Reactions: Bristle Hound and NevMan
Just a Quicky , I’m thinking of a tracker for mine so;
A,are they really worth it?
B, anyone recommend a good value one?
Cheers

Cheers

A guy I used to work with hardwired an old iPhone to his car with a pay as you go SIM card then hid it. Worked like a charm with the find my iPhone app. Probably the cheapest way to do it.

Reactions: Bristle Hound and Simon Lowe
Cheers
Depends, would you want your car back if it was stolen? Plus when I enquired, the insurance saving is very negligible.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

About 8 years ago, I got a 2year suspended sentence because I caught a scumbag actually in my car trying to hot wire it. He struggled and tried to run off so I gave him a few slaps and punches and knelt on his back whilst my wife called the cops. He then had the nerve to put in a charge of abh to the police which they followed up.
This is what happens when you try to defend your property..... you become the criminal because some do gooder **** has decided all the thieving ******** have more rights than you.

Jeez mate, what a joke, but doesn’t surprise me at all. I hope the thieving git got what he deserved over the past 8 years!!

Reactions: Phil Angel
Glad the OP is ok and his car wasn't taken. This country really has gone to the dogs where there is no longer a deterrent to crime.

If you can, I would recommend fitting sash jammers to your front and back doors as well as ground floor windows. Fab n Fix make really good ones.

There are a number of high quality 3 star cylinders available on the market. I would stay clear of the Ultion locks. They are very good, but there have been stories of a lot of them jamming.

BTW anyone watching Grand Theft Auto Undercover Criminal on Ch5 right now? About to see two scumbag women break into a house with a screwdriver to steal a car.

I sorry to hear that, and then when people suggest that the magistrates/judges give out too lenient sentences , you get shouted down. In my particular state Police no longer attend accidents - a large 4wd , fails stop at a Stop sign, her car written off, ambulance called, police called - police said they not required to attend and they not coming - other driver gets off scot free.