ATS for tyres?

SuperKid

Reaction score
Anyone used ATS? they have terrible reviews but they have the Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 2 tyres for 166.48 pounds vs 205 pounds elsewhere.

But the reviews are all terrible for ATS.

Last tyres I bought for a car were when I had a VW Touran. The VW main dealer undercut all local prices. Weird thing was you had to book the car in through there central multi dealership office. Good bit was the car got a full valet for free. So why mot try your local Audi garage as this could be a VAG policy.
Have you considered one of the mobile fitters. I had a couple of tyres fitted to a caravan a few years ago and e-tyres were spot on. Price was very competitive and they gave excellent advice. Fitters are franchised and when he had finished gave me his own card that I passed onto a neighbour. He then got a great discount.

Colin

Have never had any issues with ATS in 30 years of motoring. Prices always competitive, wheels taken care of and unbiased advice for free.

I have had price match from Audi in the past but only bother if the car is going in anyway.
These days I tend to buy from Black Circles/Tyre Leaders then have the tyres fitted at a local company who have a reputation for looking after peoples alloys, using torque wrench etc. (£15 a wheel) The one I use has a non-contact tyre fitting machine that doesn't clamp to the inside of the rim and no bars are used to remove or fit the tyre.
If you don't know reputation, look on black circles and you use their tyre fitting partners they are rated and reviewed. They have "premier partners" with higher ratings, but you makes your choice and take your chance.
I wouldn't use our local ATS because their reputation is not great and people have said they have seen their fitters leave the bar in as the tyre is removed, but it's down to management and the care each individual takes so can't tar all ATS depots with the same brush.

I got my Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tyres from Black Circles and got ATS to fit them as part of the deal and had no problems .

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

My local Audi are rip off merchants for tyres so never bothered. Get mine from Costco or tyre leader and use a local place that I know do a good job.

My dad used ATS once and had no qualms but mileage can vary with a national chain.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Black Circles and a trusted local garage is the way to go.

Michelin own both ATS and blackcircles. So quite often the best deals can be found there.

Always best to use the internet as a barometer for price then use this with a local independent tyre depot to see if they can price match.

The old saying goes: would you rather deal with a man or a mouse (i.e. a computer)
I always prefer to give the local guy my money and support the local economy.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Michelin own both ATS and blackcircles. So quite often the best deals can be found there.

Always best to use the internet as a barometer for price then use this with a local independent tyre depot to see if they can price match.

The old saying goes: would you rather deal with a man or a mouse (i.e. a computer)

I recently compared the black circles fitted quote with a quote from the same "premier partner" garage contacted over the phone.

Price for two Michelin PS4s

Black circles fitted price - £183.48
Garage quote - £244.00 (couldn't better this price)
Black circles delivered price without fitting - £152.28 (+ £30 fitting at my place of choice)

If you want to keep the local guy in business why beat him down to Internet prices. Just pay his price and keep him in business.

Camberley Audi use Micheldever Tyres - I saw the van leaving !
On a separate occasion they quoted me a very competitive price ( Conti - damaged only needed one tyre) iirc it was about £167 for 19" version.
I agree about using the local guy - usually do - for at least 20 years - but this time it was in for a service so went for it.

Recently had 4x 225/40/18 Michelin ps4 fitted at ATS in South Shields for £332 (no problems) saving about £100 on nearest best price.
Oh and a free Instax mini camera worth £75 :rockwoot:

Last edited:
Reactions: Damo S
I got a great price for the Michelen's PS4's at ATS, but the local ATS garage used a crow bar on my pristine rims to fit the tyre and damaged the edges. I won't be using them again.

I decided to go for a local tyre fitter based on online reviews and was highly rated. They damaged my alloy when removing the weights to balance the wheel looks like they use a screw driver or metal scraper to remove the old weights!!

This is the second time alloys have been damaged by tyre changes for me, I can't seem to find a decent tyre fitter.

Oh.. also a van reversed into me and cleared off.. some research and found he was uninsured. Costing me £1500+ to fix the front bumper!! :disrelieved: