ATP drive shafts okay?

Solberg

Reaction score
Need to change the boots all 4 on my driveshafts, they looks rusty aswell, i pay around 40gbp for a single boot and a new driveshaft over here is like 300gbp.

But then I saw this on ebay from atp http://www.ebay.com/itm/DRIVESHAFT-...972398&hash=item58f774a4fb:g:XvgAAOSwzSRZxGvb

64gbp, almost half the price I pay for 2 boots from Audi ***. Are these anygood? I mean for that price i dont think I even care if it brakes after 1 year. What are the dangers of these cheap shafts?

And if anyone know of a good but cheap "power steering rack" i belive you call it in english thanks. Brand new from Audi was quoted 800gbp ish, and from the aftermarket dealer it was 380gbp.

I went through 4 of these J&R shafts within 500 miles and they refused to refund me for the second set even though they admitted they were faulty! The vibrations are really bad and also the boots are cheap. As for the rack, I found REMY is the best by a mile. If you can find a reconditioned rack from REMY then I highly recommend you grab it. Best of luck!

I went through 4 of these J&R shafts within 500 miles and they refused to refund me for the second set even though they admitted they were faulty! The vibrations are really bad and also the boots are cheap. As for the rack, I found REMY is the best by a mile. If you can find a reconditioned rack from REMY then I highly recommend you grab it. Best of luck!

I ended up buying from ATPs website(german), though I bought SKF driveshafts instead.

Haven't got to test them yet as car is winter stored.

Driveshaft both sides from SKF was about 320EUR.

I had J&R out onto my S3 no problems at all, but didn't launch and only medicore power.

I ended up buying from ATPs website(german), though I bought SKF driveshafts instead.

Haven't got to test them yet as car is winter stored.

Driveshaft both sides from SKF was about 320EUR.
Hopefully you’ll get on okay with those, keep me posted. I ended up going second hand from another A4, replacing ABS rings and Boots along the way. OEM is safe.

Hope so, no idea what brand the OEM shafts are, but I chose SKF because they are cheaper than OEM and well, SKF is a well known brand for their bearing production, so if the shafts are low qual I would be very suprised.

Here is how they look, came with the big "endnut" and new bolts for tranny side.

attachment.php

attachment.php