At last! BBS RW2 wheels on

MattT

Reaction score
Got them on at last. Bit of a nightmare, taken a few quid and a long while to get these wheels but they are on at last!

What do you reckon?

download.php

download.php

18's.

Its because of the split rim design I think. Your right, they defo don't look as big as other 18's. Still think they are one of the best suited wheels for an S3 though

What did you have to have done to them Matt. I bought a set that need the rims refurbed and have a quote for getting them powder coated now in silver, rather than diamond but and lacquered as it just ends up going wormy white!!

Was even considering GOLD centres for on my black S3...!! (JPS styleee!!) lol

I tink they suit the S3 / A3 a treat, are they 8.5j bTW, any spaceres on there??
nice

Actually, anyone fancy photochopping some gold or black centres onto those wheels on Matt's car, if he dont mind.....!?!?!?

Well I bought them off ebay and they needed refurbishing. I live in Jersey, so I got them sent over here then found out no-one over here can refurbish the rims properly! People offered to paint them, but I wanted them done like the original finish.

Ended up having to send them back to the UK to spit and polish who did a pretty decent job on them. Pretty resonable price as well.

Had to get new center caps and valve caps as well.

Ended up costing a bit but it was worth it I reckon. Just got to make sure I don't damage them now.

I hope they stay looking good for a couple of years at least.

They they are 8.5 wide with no spacers.

Go for it if you want to photoshop it, I did think about doing the centers black as well.

My photoshopping skills are like Ray Charles darts skills....! Random at best!!

So I'll need to commission a skilled Artiste! Any offers!

Would you mind PM ing me some basic details on price of the refurb also where you got the centres from? I have seen some carbon look ones on the bay and they look OK, but I think they are copies...?

Cheers again, I think they look really nice on, a bit like oldskool minilights!! Quite a rare wheel too!

Cheers for the comments guys.

Simch - PM sent

gold centres will only look good with LMs or such a wheel...
the RW2s would look better with spacers behind them

by black or gold centeres u mean the whole split rim bit an leave the polished edge?

silver75 said:
gold centres will only look good with LMs or such a wheel...
the RW2s would look better with spacers behind them

Im sure your right about the spacers. I think im done on the car now though to be honest. I will just keep spending a fortune on it otherwise.

Im happy with it how it is.

i cant see them? they have red crosses on them????

nky_84 said:
by black or gold centeres u mean the whole split rim bit an leave the polished edge?
yes, leave the rim part, the outside bit after the split I mean!
gold may look a bit scooby!! But would be worth a look!

They are 8.5j x18 with et 32! Should fill the arches up quite nicely I reckon!

They don't look bad in black but its probably a bit of a waste of a good wheel. Would be cool on a set of cheaper wheels I reckon, wouldn't want to waste the nice look of the RW2's seeing them now.

Cheers NKY! They look pretty agressive, if a bit smaller now, but an anthracite sparkle effect may look cool!

How bout doing the gold ones then, at the risk of being accused of having no taste!! I reckon they may look cool..... (eeek, flame suit donned!!)

Would look different with stainless rim bolts too!

My audi BBS split rims, (are they RS11s) are being done with metallic black centres although I may wimp out and go anthracite!! (or GOLD!!) heheheheh

looks crap close up, but came out ok from normal view
not sure how dark or light ur after but heres a gold preview

gold1.jpg

ooooh, you know, I quite like the look of them......!!! ! does that make a me a bad person!!lol

Be different for sure!i!!

Sorry to resurrect these but I never got my RWiis refurbed, but fancy doing so now to replace my RXiis.

I love these wheels on Matt's S3, they are rare as a working Liverpuddlian and I think look quite racy!
In common with more wacky wheels out there just now, I am considering some colours for the centres like the gold above, and maybe bright red and even lime green or cyan turquoise!

So any photoshoppers fancy a bash at turning the RW gold centres to bright red, lime green and cyan turquoise?

I remember the start of Gran Turismo game (first one) and the car being wheeled out the truck to a remixed "Everythign must go" by the Manics and it had dark grey wheels with a turquoise rim! ! !hhmmmmm!!

Any and all other ideas for these wheels in two tone on this balck S3 greatly accepted.! Do your worst choppers!!

Last edited:
I going red I think!! Hell, why not!

Saw a black GT3 with red/ silver wheels, red mirrors and decals and it gave me ideas...!!

Strip it out like a Megane R26R....? hmmmmm

Ok, they went to the refurbers today! Pillar Box red centres, coarse flake silver rims!

Oh god, what have i done!! !?? :)