ASR-Valve controller CB2 Group buy. (CLOSED)

Mine was supposed to arrive Friday and pushed back twice. Here's hoping it comes some time this week. But no biggie. Just typical of ups. Had the same a few times. It's like a they're waiting for a van to fill up.

Mine was supposed to arrive Friday and pushed back twice. Here's hoping it comes some time this week. But no biggie. Just typical of ups. Had the same a few times. It's like a they're waiting for a van to fill up.
I had a delivery advice for Last Friday, then during Friday a email popped up to pay the custom charges. Appears until the custom charges are paid, it was on hold in Germany.
Whereas before, the package will arrive, then an email to pay the customs charges a few days later.

Reactions: IanL-RS3 and Daggerit
I had a delivery advice for Last Friday, then during Friday a email popped up to pay the custom charges. Appears until the custom charges are paid, it was on hold in Germany.
Whereas before, the package will arrive, then an email to pay the customs charges a few days later.
Mine was similar. Got the email on Thursday morning saying I needed to pay the fees so did it immediately and then it's taken almost a week to get from Germany to the UK. UPS could learn a thing or two from the Royal Mail I'd say!

Reactions: Sandra, IanL-RS3 and RS03???
Mine arrived today. Just another 12 months or so for the car! Dealer confirmed today system still status 00.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sandra
Finally had the module arrive yesterday and fitted it this morning. 15 minutes from start to finish basically, so I can't complain.

It definitely makes a difference and I especially like that I can open the valves while being in a sedate mode so I can hear the exhaust but not feel like I need to drive like a hooligan at the same time. :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Sandra, IanL-RS3 and VAGRANT
I finally get my car today back from detailers but it's torrential rain in Glasgow today. And I've not got a garage. I should really check I've got the right loom before I start!

Reactions: Daggerit
I finally get my car today back from detailers but it's torrential rain in Glasgow today. And I've not got a garage. I should really check I've got the right loom before I start!
I looked and don't think that it looked identical to some that were previously listed in terms of wiring colours (but I only had a quick glance). He seemed to indicate that he was doing all of the group buy in one batch and mine works with no errors so I'd like to think yours is the same.

If you can find a parking lot or something then it only takes 15-20 minutes to install and the only tools I'd say you need are: plastic trim removers (or fingers if you can get a grip), 10 mm spanner/socket and some cable ties for keeping the unit and cables in place. One point to note is that the recommendation is to hook the earth wire on before the plugs.

Hope that helps for when you get to it.

Reactions: VAGRANT and IanL-RS3
I looked and don't think that it looked identical to some that were previously listed in terms of wiring colours (but I only had a quick glance). He seemed to indicate that he was doing all of the group buy in one batch and mine works with no errors so I'd like to think yours is the same.

If you can find a parking lot or something then it only takes 15-20 minutes to install and the only tools I'd say you need are: plastic trim removers (or fingers if you can get a grip), 10 mm spanner/socket and some cable ties for keeping the unit and cables in place. One point to note is that the recommendation is to hook the earth wire on before the plugs.

Hope that helps for when you get to it.
Thanks. I'll see how it goes. It's really wild outside.

Reactions: Sandra and Daggerit
Is it me ?
Google Translate of ASR instructions:
The module can be activated and deactivated by pressing the "SET" button on the cruise control for approx. 10 seconds.
The successful activation or deactivation of the module is confirmed by switching the exhaust flaps several times.
The cruise control MUST be ENABLED for the module to be enabled and disabled.
You can always find out whether the module is activated or deactivated by double-clicking on the ESP.
If the flaps switch when you double-click the ESP button, the module is active. If the flaps don't turn on, it's disabled.
When I press the SET button, the flaps do oscillate as stated. However, the ESP button pressing twice quickly or slowly does not have any effect.
Tried on various modes, with engine running, driving and just on Accessory mode. Have I missed something.

Does sound really good and does not drone, as it did on the 8V OPF.

Is it me ?
Google Translate of ASR instructions:
The module can be activated and deactivated by pressing the "SET" button on the cruise control for approx. 10 seconds.
The successful activation or deactivation of the module is confirmed by switching the exhaust flaps several times.
The cruise control MUST be ENABLED for the module to be enabled and disabled.
You can always find out whether the module is activated or deactivated by double-clicking on the ESP.
If the flaps switch when you double-click the ESP button, the module is active. If the flaps don't turn on, it's disabled.
When I press the SET button, the flaps do oscillate as stated. However, the ESP button pressing twice quickly or slowly does not have any effect.
Tried on various modes, with engine running, driving and just on Accessory mode. Have I missed something.

Does sound really good and does not drone, as it did on the 8V OPF.

I was the same, I found that you have to really slow down the double click.

On the TC button for example, I wait until the message pops up on the dash saying it’s deactivated before pressing a second time. Much slower than I’d have thought you need to. Definitely count ‘one, one-thousand’ as you push the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: VAGRANT and RS03???
I was the same, I found that you have to really slow down the double click.

On the TC button for example, I wait until the message pops up on the dash saying it’s deactivated before pressing a second time. Much slower than I’d have thought you need to. Definitely count ‘one, one-thousand’ as you push the first time.

Thanks, will try that tonight.

Thanks, will try that tonight.

My pleasure. If it’s still not working I can do a quick clip for the speed I do it.

Let us know how you get on.

Reactions: RS03???
Just fitted mine.
Errors and not working. Guess I got the wrong loom.
Typical

Mine came up with a handbrake error while I was fitting it but on the first drive it vanished and was alright, do you have errors staying up?

Sent from came up with a handbrake error while I was fitting it but on the first drive it vanished and was alright, do you have errors staying up?
I've got a few. Airbag handbrake etc

But when I hold down set for 10 secs I hear it doing something but I when I press set twice slowly its not doing anything.

What's the ESC button?

Okay got it. Thanks You pull the cruise lever twice towards yourself activate and to deactivate.

Now to clear the codes!

I've got a few. Airbag handbrake etc

But when I hold down set for 10 secs I hear it doing something but I when I press set twice slowly its not doing anything.

What's the ESC button?

ESC is just the traction control button. Same sort of speed as the pull on the cruise control stalk and it should work.

Reactions: IanL-RS3
ESC is just the traction control button. Same sort of speed as the pull on the cruise control stalk and it should work.

Thanks very much. I'd just assumed something was wrong even though it's the easiest install ever. That's my usual lol. Even using trim tools was overkill.

Thanks very much. I'd just assumed something was wrong even though it's the easiest install ever. That's my usual lol. Even using trim tools was overkill.

Yeah it’s genuinely easy if you know what you’re doing.

Hope the errors clear up and it’s all good because it think it definitely adds to the experience a bit.

Reactions: Mike.46 and IanL-RS3
Gives
Yeah it’s genuinely easy if you know what you’re doing.

Hope the errors clear up and it’s all good because it think it definitely adds to the experience a bit.

Gives me an excuse to open obd11!

But yeah even with keeping the revs down I like it. And then when I'm cruising at 60 I can turn it off. Best of both worlds!

My pleasure. If it’s still not working I can do a quick clip for the speed I do it.

Let us know how you get on.

Tried pressing the ESC slowly following Cruise SET Flap Confirmation a number of times. Can only hear the flaps during the 10 Second Set process using Cruise. ESC has no effect.
Unplugged the cable to CB2, just in case to provoke power-off-on initialise, still no control using the ESC button.
Will ping a note to Daniel@ASR on what to do next, or if there is a reset sequence of CB2 to follow.

Tried pressing the ESC slowly following Cruise SET Flap Confirmation a number of times. Can only hear the flaps during the 10 Second Set process using Cruise. ESC has no effect.
Unplugged the cable to CB2, just in case to provoke power-off-on initialise, still no control using the ESC button.
Will ping a note to Daniel@ASR on what to do next, or if there is a reset sequence of CB2 to follow.

That’s strange you get the activation flap movement but not the actual valves working. That said, if it’s not under load when I do it sometimes I have to give it a little rev to see if they’re open at idle.

That’s strange you get the activation flap movement but not the actual valves working. That said, if it’s not under load when I do it sometimes I have to give it a little rev to see if they’re open at idle.

Yes Strange, as the ESC worked on initial connection. Then I tried to De-Activate using the 10Second Process. Now permanently stuck Open. Pinged an email to Daniel@ASR, Lets see if its something I am not following correctly, or may be a unit-reset sequence I need to follow, just in case I've partially bricked it.

I had to go through the set thing for 10 seconds a number of times before it worked.

I can't be sure as I was just rushing through it but was there 3 long with you press set for 10 seconds and then next time 2 long and 1 short? Seemed like that to me but it was hard to hear and we had a helicopter do an emergency landing in the field next to me so I lost my place.

Other thing is, I parked up in supermarket and came back about 30 mins later and it was still ON. I thought it reset itself every start.. I'll need to check that again.

I had to go through the set thing for 10 seconds a number of times before it worked.

I can't be sure as I was just rushing through it but was there 3 long with you press set for 10 seconds and then next time 2 long and 1 short? Seemed like that to me but it was hard to hear and we had a helicopter do an emergency landing in the field next to me so I lost my place.

Other thing is, I parked up in supermarket and came back about 30 mins later and it was still ON. I thought it reset itself every start.. I'll need to check that again.

That’s one thing it does seem to do is stay in whatever mode it was in when you turn the car off. I have to remember that when I turn the car off so that I don’t start it at 05.00 with the values full open during a cold start.

Finally got this on Friday, only a week later then the original expected delivery date. UPS are the worst!
Anyways after spending a while reading the instructions about taking half the dash apart, I was pleasantly surprised with just how little work the install was! Took all of about 6 minutes to get it installed!
I too have no idea if the esp button is doing anything but the pull on the cruse stalk is definitely way easier, why this isn't in the instructions I don't understand?
The car now sounds like I'd expected it too!

Reactions: RS03??? and Daggerit
That’s one thing it does seem to do is stay in whatever mode it was in when you turn the car off. I have to remember that when I turn the car off so that I don’t start it at 05.00 with the values full open during a cold start.

I thought you needed the start stop module for that. I kinda liked the idea of it resetting to avoid annoying the neighbours.

But this is the whole point of it…….hence why the valves stay open on next start cycle.

just cycle through to efficient mode before start up if you need quiet.

But this is the whole point of it…….hence why the valves stay open on next start cycle.

just cycle through to efficient mode before start up if you need quiet.

That’s fine, except sometimes I’m already in efficiency so I forget.

I thought you needed the start stop module for that. I kinda liked the idea of it resetting to avoid annoying the neighbours.

That’s just for the stop start keeping its setting I think.

That’s just for the stop start keeping its setting I think.

Ahh okay. I kinda like the stop/start...i even enjoyed the active cruise control today and lane assist........but as i type that i hear my bones creaking as 50 looms lol

Reactions: Sandra and Daggerit
That’s fine, except sometimes I’m already in efficiency so I forget.

Actually I’ve just started mine up in E as I left it in that last night and it starts up with flaps closed.

Actually I’ve just started mine up in E as I left it in that last night and it starts up with flaps closed.

Odd, mine definitely started with the flaps open last time I left it. Although that was only a few minutes so I don't know if maybe after a certain amount of time it reverts? I've left them open when I parked up for work so I'll see what state they're in when I start up at the end of the day.

Odd, mine definitely started with the flaps open last time I left it. Although that was only a few minutes so I don't know if maybe after a certain amount of time it reverts? I've left them open when I parked up for work so I'll see what state they're in when I start up at the end of the day.
Depends on how you use the modes

Open the valves in any of the screens LH side modes (and leave it in that mode) and they will still be open on next start up and also do not close if you use the S mode by selection at the gear selector

Use any of the screens RH side RS modes and swap back to another mode and the flaps close

Stop the car in an RS mode and I assume the flaps will be closed on next start up as the car defaults to 'Auto' (I'm assuming this and stand to be corrected) :)

PS: Put the rear seats down (B&Q/tip etc) and either the valves or possibly the Soundaktor sound quite a bit louder :unsure:

Just disabled it as mines finally in at the dealer for a new rack.

All I can say is this Round wheel is hideous.

I can’t see Alcantara or a dead ahead marker saving something this big and ugly
174b5eadbeb54763098286a41da08fcf.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: RS03??? and Daggerit
Depends on how you use the modes

Open the valves in any of the screens LH side modes (and leave it in that mode) and they will still be open on next start up and also do not close if you use the S mode by selection at the gear selector

Use any of the screens RH side RS modes and swap back to another mode and the flaps close

Stop the car in an RS mode and I assume the flaps will be closed on next start up as the car defaults to 'Auto' (I'm assuming this and stand to be corrected) :)

PS: Put the rear seats down (B&Q/tip etc) and either the valves or possibly the Soundaktor sound quite a bit louder :unsure:
Just messed with it

ASR open in Auto, use the steering wheel RS button to cycle through RS modes and back to Auto and the valves stay open both then and after ignition off (and back to Auto with ignition On)

Use the Drive select button from an RS mode and the valves close

Weird, maybe more combinations as well :)

Thats not 8Y ?

I have to admit, as soon as the car starts moving I don't even notice it anymore. Looking in and when I get into the car is the only time I really pay attention to it.