1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

ASR exhaust valve delete plugs for 2020 RS3

T-Rex Sep 10, 2020

1. T-Rex

T-Rex Registered User

Any one have any experience with the ASR exhaust valve delete plugs for an OPF RS3?
    Seen a few posts of them throwing fault codes and making the motor reduce power (limp mode).
    These were very old posts though so would love to find out if this is still the case.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Tartaris

Tartaris Registered User

just buy yourself the ASR RX2 valve controller. Much easier to control the valves and you get auto start stop memory thrown in as well.

4. T-Rex

T-Rex Registered User

Thanks Tartarus, do you have personal experience with this unit?
    Do they throw any fault codes, and is there much involved for the install?

5. Nickyc

Nickyc Registered User

I know that nobody at present can do it and everyone says no, but surely if you can get a devise to plug in and control it then surely someone with some expert coding knowledge could get the software to be able to do this, no ? or is that just not possible full stop ?

6. T-Rex

T-Rex Registered User

So that’s a no, they can’t be used without the car throwing an error code?

7. DannyRS3

DannyRS3 Registered User

Only reports from users of these plugs is that they throw a code and cause a power loss. Get a valve controller, or spend money on a tune.

8. T-Rex

T-Rex Registered User

Thanks Danny, being a brand new car I was attracted to the plugs due to not having to pull any trim apart to install, and a tune won’t be an option for the first couple of years until my warranty expires. Having said that if the plugs cause error codes and pull power then that’s not an option either. The ASR CB2 valve controllers look good, or can you recommend any valve controllers preferably that install under the dash and don’t require any trim to be removed. Any links of installs and/reviews would be great.

9. Marky79

Marky79 Registered User

The closest you’d get is a Cete automotive valve controller, which I have. Some folk have had problems with them, I personally haven’t. Also, the over the net upgrade is handy too if you change cars.

T-Rex likes this.
  10. terminator x

terminator x Registered User

I also had Cete, worked really well.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Marky79 and T-Rex like this.
  11. Tartaris

Tartaris Registered User

Yes, I've got this unit fitted in my car. No faults, as they don't link into the CANBUS. Install is pretty straight forward.

T-Rex likes this.
  12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. DannyRS3

DannyRS3 Registered User

You can find installation and reviews right here in this forum. Worth doing some browsing mate. Installation is dead easy, just unclip the kick panel and plug the unit between 2 existing plugs.

14. T-Rex

T-Rex Registered User

Thanks for all your advice guys.
    Now that I have got it down to Cete or ASR I guess I have to do some research lol.
    Either way the valves are going to be FULLY open in dynamic to hear that glorious 5 pot

terminator x and Marky79 like this.
  15. Marky79

Marky79 Registered User

you’ll love it mate. With the sports exhaust it’s absolutely immense. Totally different car.
    5am starts in comfort are practically silent after the choke goes off. Sport mode with valves permanently open is bonkers.

terminator x likes this.
  16. T-Rex

T-Rex Registered User

And why I love the RS3!
    In comfort it’s quite, practical, stylish and fairly economical. In dynamic, it’s a savage beast!
    I have had an 2018 in the past but I wasn’t in love with the spec. So now I have ordered my dream car they way I want it and can’t wait to take delivery next week! A bit disappointed with the OPF affecting the sound (hence why I am already looking at valve controllers) but I can fix that.

Marky79 likes this.
  17. Sequence

Sequence Registered User

Go ASR 100%

DannyRS3 likes this.
  18. T-Rex

T-Rex Registered User

That would be the CB2 for the 2020 rs3 right?

19. T-Rex

T-Rex Registered User

Thanks again mate, I did some browsing like you said but I couldn’t find the instal videos (there is a lot of content in here lol). Sorry to be a pain but i am new to this forum and have no idea where to start. If you know where they are can you paste in the link for me please. Cheers mate

20. Marky79

Marky79 Registered User

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/rs3-valve-control-programming.388339/

DannyRS3 likes this.
  21. T-Rex

T-Rex Registered User

22. Tartaris

Tartaris Registered User

My recommendation would be to go the RX2 as the CB2 can interfere with some tunes, from what my local supplier of ASR controllers told me.

23. T-Rex

T-Rex Registered User

Thank you very much, that is some really valuable insight! Without inside knowledge like that I am really just flying blind and taking the word of companies marketing material, which all seems to be just glowing positivity for some reason hahahahaha.

24. mangobay

mangobay Registered User

Hi all. If anyone is interested in a used Asr valve controller I have just added one to the classified parts section. Hope that's OK to mention on this thread. Thanks.