ASR exhaust valve controller

I'm worried about him now :) I have visions of the interior in pieces and now it's dark........... I got stressed enough doing mine with limited talent !

Or maybe it's fitted and he is having some fun !

Lol all this effort and questions……….then weirdly enough no verdict

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: itsbigyellow
haha i use german video , where is your instruction btw cant found it
I'm struggling to understand what difference it makes using the German video?

The module needs to be installed on the LH side of the car (all cars), as per the instructions sent by the manufacturer, the video made by the manufacturer and all the photos in this thread.

Please tell us you finally got the f**king thing working? Even if it was tax-free?

Reactions: 8YARWY
What can I say ? the car definitely sounds better, the sound is more expressive and bassy, it is not a big difference but it is noticeable. - I think this is how the car should sound from the factory. I like to use the comfort mode. Here the car seems a little louder and seems to have more power because it behaves a bit more like dynamic, but maybe it just seems to me? For sure sounds best in dynamic mode
was such a modification worth 380 pounds? I'm not sure about that. but for now it's great mod compare to exhaust for 2k +

@PaulBCN off course ;-) well everyone made mistakes from time to time.
@8YARWY there you go and thanks for help :)

Reactions: RS03???, 8YARWY, Mike.46 and 1 other person
What can I say ? the car definitely sounds better, the sound is more expressive and bassy, it is not a big difference but it is noticeable. - I think this is how the car should sound from the factory. I like to use the comfort mode. Here the car seems a little louder and seems to have more power because it behaves a bit more like dynamic, but maybe it just seems to me? For sure sounds best in dynamic mode
was such a modification worth 380 pounds? I'm not sure about that. but for now it's great mod compare to exhaust for 2k +

@8YARWY there you go and thanks for help :)

giphy.gif

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: RSt3ve, PaulBCN, RS03??? and 2 others

Reactions: RSt3ve and Mastachaz
I finally got round to installing mine last night and all went very smoothly...Although I was absolutely terrified pulling the cables apart for the first time :laughing:. I didn't really look at the instructions or videos because there has been so much posted on here already, but I left the passenger door open for 20 minutes after shutting car down and did the earth cable first, then the green and finally brown plugs. Plastic trim was a bit fiddly to go back on flush but got there after a couple of goes.

The results for me are as other people have described- it's how the car should have been set up from the factory. Now there is a mode for quiet, calm driving (Auto/Comfort) and Individual/Performance/Dynamic the sound matches the performance. I'm not a fan of loud exhausts, so for me the sound is now spot on. Shame to have to pay an extra few hundred quid for it, but it is what it is...

Thanks to everyone who has posted hints and tips, especially @8YARWY .

Reactions: RSt3ve, Mike.46, PaulBCN and 1 other person
Brutal………but fair.

To be fair any exhaust demo via a YouTube video doesn't compare to listening to the sound first hand mate on a side note German manufacturers in my opinion seem to be choked up more than others that's including Porsche their turbocharged models are guff sounding they save it for lamborghini and Bentley and some of the NA Porsche’s as they've got to choke up a certain amount of cars per production year same as they've got produce/build a certain amount of lecky cars OPF's beginning of the end of the ICE

Third loom arrived today… IT WORKED. Car sounds soooo much better. Best thing you can spend your money on!

Reactions: JGRS3, RSt3ve, RS3ree and 3 others
To be fair any exhaust demo via a YouTube video doesn't compare to listening to the sound first hand mate on a side note German manufacturers in my opinion seem to be choked up more than others that's including Porsche their turbocharged models are guff sounding they save it for lamborghini and Bentley and some of the NA Porsche’s as they've got to choke up a certain amount of cars per production year same as they've got produce/build a certain amount of lecky cars OPF's beginning of the end of the ICE

Agreed it does sound a lot better in the flesh.

Reactions: Mastachaz
I make mistakes every day... literally every day. The important thing is to learn from them and laugh about them. Never lose your sense of humour!

For me, the ASR completely changed the RS3. Still not quite where it should be, but much closer. Why the 1100 euro "RS Performance Exhaust" didn't make it sound like this from the beginning is beyond me.

Nice job. Enjoy!

Reactions: JGRS3, Mike.46 and Mastachaz
That makes me sad :coldsweat: damn those sound regs!

TX.
Its not 100% 'sound regs' just listen to anything else 'sporty' it's Audi gone all sensible and running scared of the emissions Police

Reactions: 8YARWY
I make mistakes every day... literally every day. The important thing is to learn from them and laugh about them. Never lose your sense of humour!

For me, the ASR completely changed the RS3. Still not quite where it should be, but much closer. Why the 1100 euro "RS Performance Exhaust" didn't make it sound like this from the beginning is beyond me.

Nice job. Enjoy!

Its an interesting point, I wonder how many have fitted ASR's to the Performance Exhaust and how many to the standard unit ? Mine was the performance exhaust and it's good enough for me. Should there be any noise difference between the two exhausts anyway ?

Reactions: Mike.46
Its an interesting point, I wonder how many have fitted ASR's to the Performance Exhaust and how many to the standard unit ? Mine was the performance exhaust and it's good enough for me. Should there be any noise difference between the two exhausts anyway ?

I pity the fool that has the standard exhaust

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Terminator x, itsbigyellow and PaulBCN
I pity the fool that has the standard exhaust

giphy.gif

I'd take bets on it the standard exhaust doesn't any worse.......So maybe the fools are the one's who optioned the so named "sports" exhaust lol

Reactions: Southall87 and 8YARWY
I'd take bets on it the standard exhaust doesn't any worse.......So maybe the fools are the one's who optioned the so named "sports" exhaust lol

giphy.gif

Reactions: Jassyo06
i think standard its same , juzt chrome tips haha

Reactions: itsbigyellow
???

Post 18....but i've just read it back again and i guess you mean the SSA module not being connected doesn't affect the operation of the ASR valve controller.

I initially read it as the SSA control has no effect. Doh!

Post 18....but i've just read it back again and i guess you mean the SSA module not being connected doesn't affect the operation of the ASR valve controller.

I initially read it as the SSA control has no effect. Doh!

Lol I couldn’t fathom out what you meant.

Lol I couldn’t fathom out what you meant.

Getting old...no fun :)

Thanks for your and everyone else's contributions on this thread....

ORDERED!

Reactions: itsbigyellow and 8YARWY
I did today around 150 miles city/motoway

even more happy now
What's with all the secrecy on FB ??? Post a video of the sound of the ASR, then you can't even let people know which ASR it is ? except to reply to them "PM me", why ? you didn't invent the thing...........

Last edited:
Reactions: Waq1 and CarterRS
What's with all the secrecy on FB ??? Post a video of the sound of the ASR, then you can't even let people know which ASR it is ? except to reply to them PM me, why ? you didn't invent the thing...........
haha well I did send

haha well I did send

Just post the details / link to ASR site…..

It’s as bad as the ones that put things up for sale without a price and say ‘pm for price’ lol.

Reactions: PaulBCN and Daggerit
What's with all the secrecy on FB ??? Post a video of the sound of the ASR, then you can't even let people know which ASR it is ? except to reply to them "PM me", why ? you didn't invent the thing...........
Lol and you’re hiding behind a fake profile on Fb are you?

No need, I’ve a few friends on all those groups that see all……..

Best to just ignore ASN Billy if you’ve nothing constructive to say.

All you seem to want to do is stir up trouble.

Why would you put your real details on Facebook?

It’s me he has a problem with Ian.

Stems back to 8V PFL days when him and his ‘mates’ didn’t like like anyone else’s opinions on RS3’s so basically several of them were banned on RS3OC because I had a run in with the self proclaimed ‘god’ of RS3’s Aoon.

Offensive posts ensued directed at me on there and I was even dragged ‘without consent’ I might add, into a WhatsApp group and swore at / insulted by Aoon and a few others.

It’s been ignited again recently because a member on here was banned for breaking ASN rules about offering to do ‘work’ on people’s cars, there’s a reason ASN needs site sponsors to pay for the forum upkeep.

Yet I somehow got the blame for it, slagged to death on FB groups, all because some twerp wanted to undermine legitimate sponsors like @DJAlix etc.

Reactions: IanL-RS3
He's gotten all the info on here Billy/Balaal..........

And if @Mastachaz makes a video of the ASR on his car why not share it on here too ?

I find it laughable that he posted that video (now deleted mind) but would only share which ASR model he bought by PM only............ :friends:

Seems a 1 way street with certain members and sharing useful info.

It’s me he has a problem with Ian.

Stems back to 8V PFL days when him and his ‘mates’ didn’t like like anyone else’s opinions on RS3’s so basically several of them were banned on RS3OC because I had a run in with the self proclaimed ‘god’ of RS3’s Aoon.

Offensive posts ensued directed at me on there and I was even dragged ‘without consent’ I might add, into a WhatsApp group and swore at / insulted by Aoon and a few others.

It’s been ignited again recently because a member on here was banned for breaking ASN rules about offering to do ‘work’ on people’s cars, there’s a reason ASN needs site sponsors to pay for the forum upkeep.

Yet I somehow got the blame for it, slagged to death on FB groups, all because some twerp wanted to undermine legitimate sponsors like @DJAlix etc.

No Sean I never had a problem with you nor did I drag you into anything, you spat your dummy out and created a problem.