ASN's Pub

Made in Scotland from girders!!

Aye, BIG yin's

Irn Bru

Reactions: Scottyg
So you are writing off Spurs chances this year, and Leicester doing a repeat of last year?

Leicester, yes. They'll be lucky to be top half of the table this year. Spurs are always an unknown quantity. They are totally hit or miss. I do have soft spot for them. Hopefully, they can be in the mix but I think they were where they were last year because of the failing of other teams, not because they were good. With the rest at full strength I think Spurs would need to up their game, big time.

Reactions: Jake 61
Got to go.

Wife just came in and caught me on ASN when I should have been plastering.....!

Imagesjpe

Reactions: jojo, Sandra and Scottyg
There's a few of them Jake. All as funny as the other. Just a pity it's not taken off anywhere else!

Seen them all Scotty, the guy tumbling out of the train toilet nearly finished me.
Especially when the other bloke went to park his bike.....!

:scared2:

They are quality. Superb marketing team behind them. Not seen any new ones in a while. When I go abroad it the only thing I miss. First thing I buy when I get home. Glass bottle of Bru. Always tastes better out the bottle. Can't drink full sugar these days, too syrupy.

The problem with the PL is the cash. Young English players aren't going to look to further their footballing opportunities abroad or at a lower leagued team when they can sit on the bench for a big English PL team and earn a fortune. Their ambition is related to how much they can earn and that's why the national team is utter rubbish. There doesn't seem to be any pride in pulling on the England shirt anymore either.

Another reason I think the England team is so bad is because of the length of the PL season along with the cup comps and European football. A lot of the players are shattered by the time a world cup or Euros comes round and all they can think about is having a couple of weeks on a beach before the season starts again. I can't blame them for that.

Reactions: Jake 61, g60leigh and Scottyg
@Westy you are spot on with the money front. A poor wage in the PL is 40k a week. When it gets to that level of spending it simply turns kids heads. Yes, they have to think about life after football as they have a 15-18 year shelf life and they need to get the most out of it that they can. However, I'd rather play in the 2nd div for 4K a week and play every game than get 40k and be a nobody! Unfortunately not every player thinks that way.
Until this changes the English, or for that matter the Scottish team is going to be the same.

The kids don't know the real value of money at that stage in their lives, they should be on a truly reflective wage and be playing for the jersey, not the highest bidder in the meat market. It's not the kids' fault, the whole of football, (and FIFA), want to sort things out so that grass roots football can be a bit more even handed and fair to everyone.
There are hard grafting footballers out there who never will get to see the kind of money the likes of Ronaldo are on and that's a shame for everyone from the fans to the players themselves.

The sad thing is @Jake 61 while they are offering it the players will take it everytime. Sky put in over a billion pounds in the last few seasons. That simply filters down to the clubs and allows the clubs to buy players they never could before. Even a team that gets relegated to the Championship gets a 60 million parachute payment to make the fall in revenue easier to take!!!

I know @Scottyg and the worst of it is, as long as the likes of Sky are throwing that kind of money at the problem, all they are doing is keeping supporters away from the actual games and perpetuating the problem.
You can't knock the clubs and the people, if somebody was throwing that kind of money at any of us, we'd be daft to throw it back at them.

:greedy dollars:

Reactions: Scottyg and Sandra
Hope I'm not to late at the
s-l300.jpg

Someone buying virtual pints then ?

What is it about Man Utd. Every bu99er supports 'em lol

Looking foreword to seeing my team, Middlesbrough, annihilate some of the big clubs :D

Reactions: Jake 61, jojo and Scottyg
You never know BH they could do a Leicester. But.....................I doubt it. Hehehe. I get my jacket again.

I'm more out of here than in at the moment. :grinning:

Reactions: Bristle Hound
You never know BH they could do a Leicester. But.....................I doubt it. Hehehe. I get my jacket again.

I'm more out of here than in at the moment. :grinning:
You seem to be getting your jacket a lot tonight Scott, hehe :) x

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Thought I would come and have a seat along with a virtual pint (and a real one).
Just wondering if anyone has had buyer's remorse so soon after buying a car. I only recently purchased an Audi A3 8P after getting fed up with my MK4 GTI. I absolutely love my A3 and am loving the DSG transmission, but recently my friend has purchased a A5 3.0 Quattro in white and every time I look at it I feel like I picked the wrong sister. So after looking around I'm now trying to convince the wife she needs the A5 or give her the A3 leaving me to get the A5. Never really like white but seeing it parked next to mine it just looked special.

Good luck on that @Ruhel lol
Just think of your mate visiting the petrol station way more than you. That should help ... a little lol

Reactions: Ruhel
Just gone from a3 Tfsi 2.0 remapped 260bhp to a3 2.0 tdi 150bho mpg is a joke already done 300 miles over half a tank left, but miss the old kick of the turbo petrol...maybe remap or DTUK box??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@TimWills28 you mean you can't believe how much you have left??

I bought a Mini Countryman. Whilst I loved it to start with, new car smell, everything prefect condition etc etc it took me about 6 weeks to realise that it would pull my 7 year old out of bed!!! So it got chopped in at around 14 months old. Just as well I got a hefty discount on it to start with.

I've got the small tank on my 1.6TDI but it takes £31 to fill from just under half and I get 560 miles from it, or 3-4 weeks driving for me. At motorway speeds that 560 goes up to over 600.

See, I went the opposite way, had a TDI 140 that broke every time I sat in it, but was good on fuel, then went to the 3.2, which has been a cracker but, sometimes I think there is a hole in the ar$e of the tank.
I bought a Sloda Fabia for work, does 70 mpg every day of the week.

And the quattro racks up less miles in the process.

I've got the small tank on my 1.6TDI but it takes £31 to fill from just under half and I get 560 miles from it, or 3-4 weeks driving for me. At motorway speeds that 560 goes up to over 600.

Exactly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been released from Jury Duty... Need a few pints to recover from this... But I won't talk lol.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Sandra
Been released from Jury Duty... Need a few pints to recover from this... But I won't talk lol.
Ah jury duty, I have done that twice. @Bristle Hound is in the chair tonight so have as many pints as you can manage,
I'm getting my jacket, hehe :) X

Reactions: SpeedyFrog
A poor wage in the PL is 40k a week. When it gets to that level of spending it simply turns kids heads.

Filters down to league 2 ....friends son on apprenticeship at a league 2 side went out a bought a brand new scirocco for his 17th birthday!!!!!!

Not a particularly good choice, but since when have footballers had good taste

Why? just why would you go???? Crazy: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-****-36974648

Why? just why would you go???? Crazy: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-****-36974648
People use to get bumgee jumping in their bucket list for an adrenalin rush maybe now they need to go to a warzone... ***... :-(

Reactions: Jassyo06
Camera crew documenting something under the pretense of being tourists? We skipped going to France this year with all the issues, but to go all the way over there is madness.

& these are allowed in here too :D

1436821150-the-worlds-end-gif.gif

Reactions: pburv, Ruhel, Jake 61 and 3 others