ASN's Pub

Karl I got mine from JoJo calipers, carriers, discs, pads and hoses for £550 IIRC

YES mate! That is EXACTLY what I was going to do.

Top work. Great minds etc etc etc.

Worthy of an:

n67764_Internet high 5.jpg

Ok that's me done for the day down this end of the country where they all towlk fanny, I'm off home.

Get posting to change gear, or edit it in the 'My Profile' section of the User CP

SO chaps I now I keep banging on about this but here is my current school of thinking on keeping the s3/getting an RS4 feel free to poke holes.

A garrett gt30r build will cost me roughly £5k but I want another £1k for when something goes wrong. It will probably end up being around 450 brake.

an Rs4 - currently I'm quite taken by a black one tuned to 466 brake by mrc with full milltek :eyebrows: at £11995.

£12k being £6k for the s3 and £6k for savings, both the same amount of money.

If I get the work done the S3 will only be worth about £8k but it will be mega quick.

If I buy the Rs4 it won't be as quick but there will be room to push forward fairly easily to the 600's etc. but it will be worth over £10k for quite some time.

For that reason my thoughts over the past day and a half have been that it might be more sensible to get an rs4 because it will give a better return on a £6k investment when I come to sell it (whenever that may be). and the noise om nom nom

hmmmm, it seems there are some bargains to be had on ebay then for calipers alone, its just adapters, lines, discs and pads that shoot the price up. cheers.
i want monoblocks really, just to be cool.
well, im very tired, been revising physics all week, whilst drinking beer. getting bored of staring into notes now
wanted to go for a drive and find some cool roads where i am but my cars trapped in :(

dane.
the S3 will be more fun. quicker. cheaper to fix. easier to fix. maybe cheaper to insure??? and, over the years will prob cost you alot less.
whilst the RS4 will hold better value, it'l be a ***** to fix, expensive to tune, expensive to fix.

so while it may give a better return, you'l have probably spent alot more money than if you had the S3 and GT30'd it.

as a whole 'money spent/money returned' ratio, the S3 might be better financially. whilst being A) quicker and B) a sleeper

SO chaps I now I keep banging on about this but here is my current school of thinking on keeping the s3/getting an RS4 feel free to poke holes.

A garrett gt30r build will cost me roughly £5k but I want another £1k for when something goes wrong. It will probably end up being around 450 brake.

an Rs4 - currently I'm quite taken by a black one tuned to 466 brake by mrc with full milltek :eyebrows: at £11995.

If I get the work done the S3 will only be worth about £8k but it will be mega quick.

If I buy the Rs4 it won't be as quick but there will be room to push forward fairly easily to the 600's etc. but it will be worth over £10k for quite some time.

For that reason my thoughts over the past day and a half have been that it might be more sensible to get an rs4 because it will give a better return on a £6k investment when I come to sell it (whenever that may be). and the noise om nom nom

Don't forget that general maintenance and running of the RS4 will be more as well Dane

Its a hard one mate (Reesy, shut it!! :)). IT all depends on your train of thought I think.
My self, I hate selling cars once i've done loads of work to them. The car is the way you want it to be and you know whats been done, whats been replaced and so on.
If you buy a new car you're starting from stratch, having to find out about the car, replace things and repair things.

What is your main motivator for changing?
The noise, speed, performance, having the quiest?

I'd rather spend the money on the RS and enjoy it. get it going as a minter. I appreciate but I can't fully understand why you'd spend 6k making a car fast when you can go and get a nice speedy car and make it mint.
Thats my thinking any way.

But I drive a automatic Derv. so what do I know? :)

Karl, I keep looking on ebay for 4pot+ calipers that needs some work. Get them cheaper and you know they are good condition once you done the work.
I know a man who can make custom carriers for almost any calipers. Tempted by my mates Aston Martin calipers but not by the £200 disk price.

its a pain in the **** tho isnt it for calipers that need work. theres good pairs of porsche ones out there for sub £400.
i can imagine finding them cheaper from a porsche breakers who doesnt advertise via ebay

its a pain in the **** tho isnt it for calipers that need work. theres good pairs of porsche ones out there for sub £400.
i can imagine finding them cheaper from a porsche breakers who doesnt advertise via ebay

They can be but it all depends if you're doing the work.
Send them to me with all parts and a list of what you want done.

Dave - Nick Johnson has offered me £5K minus getting the wheels refurbed, plus I've spent **** loads so I reckon £6K isn't bad for a well sorted & maintained s3. Rods, big port head, FMIC, Exhaust, suspension, brakes. etc. new pads, regular oil changes haldex oil and filter, n75, maf, clutch, DMF cover plate.

Scott all of those things are true and to be honest I've sort of fallen out of love with the s3 after everything thats gone tits up, proper gets you down.

Having just read back through the list of stuff above it would be a massive shame to part with all that hard work and money spent, thats a solid 8 months or so of spending all my money earned in that period on tuning and maintaining the car... still torn

I've just got back from the pub to find a PM saying there are no track Tyres available from the old Lotus garage :(

Scott, any more news on the 888s?

Nope nothing mate.
I've bugged him loads.
I've not heard any thing from him and he's not been on facebook for ages. He's normally on there all the time having ago at some MP or driver. lol

I'll try something else and see if they know about his tyres. I'll keep on it mate, don't worry.

Dane, keep it for whats left of the summer and sell in the winter?

I think it may all be too late! I need to get the tyre fitted in the next 7 days. I've got my eye on 2 Yokos on eBay and my mate Paul has another 2 with slight damage but they should be ok. Looks like I might be rolling on the S4s :(

I think it may all be too late! I need to get the tyre fitted in the next 7 days. I've got my eye on 2 Yokos on eBay and my mate Paul has another 2 with slight damage but they should be ok. Looks like I might be rolling on the S4s :(

Still got 7 days mate.
I'll keep trying.

I'm out of here till next Tuesday, couple of days off (DIY round the house), but got Wings and Wheels on Sunday at Dunsfold so looking forward to that. Shame that the Reds won't be there, the BBMF should be though (all 3) and I'm hoping that the Vulcan is fixed so it will be there.

Have a good few days everyone and a cracking weekend.

Sandra I hope your cold goes soon.

Dane - RS4 would be my choice been in a few tuned ones and they are awesome.

Paul

Anyone up to anything interesting tonight being mid-week an all?
Dane, ive always been a hatchback man, i admit the rs4 is nice...its in your hands :think:tough choice!

Not really.
I'm add some new fans to my PC at home and eating some food and then see how hot and cold I can make my PC.

You?

Going to stay at work a little longer and print off some little private jobs,
Ive just dug out my old PC i built a few years back, still works alright...tried playing Football manager 2011 last night, need to tweak it a little later, but nothing interesting at all :3sadwalk:

Hi peeps, quick P1ss stop....question!
When having a slash in busy public loo's does anyone else feel the need to rinse off the urinal when it's covered in ****ing pubes from the dude before you, so when you walk away it don't look like Yr the one smuggling a badger ??
Dane! Keep the s3 man' big money I expect when start tweaking and fixing the rs4's. It's them wheels dude!!! I told you they would look sh1t ;)