Votes: 55 50.5%
  • never noticed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

voorhees

Staff member
Reaction score
What do you think of the new black themed site ?

I like it but it needs a line between the post and the signatures. You wont believe the amount of times i've been reading one of Welly's posts then ended up reading his Homer Simpson quote over and over :banghead:

I like it but it needs a line between the post and the signatures. You wont believe the amount of times i've been reading one of Welly's posts then ended up reading his Homer Simpson quote over and over :banghead:

D'oh.

At least that way you will notice I change it once a week for a new one..... LOL :thumbsup:

I completely agree though, some of the separators have become a little wishy washy, making the site harder to navigate as a whole.

Also, the round emoticons with the white bits on the edges look a bit pants.

I do like the look, I think it is easier on the eye (at least for me), and with a few changes could be a keeper....

Last edited:
Its ok at home but at work its hard to see which posts are new as the screens are rubbish, would be nice if new posts were another colour like red

doesnt load up properly at work (probably because were still using ie6) so not a fan

Yeah I did have to switch to firefox to get the layout to correct itself.

It might be an idea to add a few buttons at the top of the screen that allows us to change the colour scheme. We did it on our company intranet and its been a big hit, and keeps everyone happy.

At the grand old age of 38, with ailing eyesight, I can barely make out the text somedays.... somebody change it back (please!). :readit:

Seriously, I can't view it on my phone very well either, 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it', didn't think the old one was 'broke'. Seems we have two wide borders on the left and right that do nothing, perhaps restrict their size and change the shading so that it's a little easier to read?

<OK, I'm off to Specsavers....>

yup another one here...i like it but cant get proper access at work, it conflicts which means i can always see full posts, paragraphs are constantly over lapping and i cant always read my inbox and cant see anything at all on the main forum page...which means im isolated to the 8L part and limited functionality and annoying lay out

cant see anything at all on the main forum page...which means im isolated to the 8L part and limited functionality and annoying lay out

If the mods fix this does this mean you'll start posting in some of the other forums instead of filling up the 8L forum the whole time? (Note to mods, please fix this ASAP) :p

I quite like it. I think the switchable skin option is a good idea so you can choose what you prefer.

Also everyone who is moaning about not being able to view it at work.......You should be working:whip:

:moa:

If the mods fix this does this mean you'll start posting in some of the other forums instead of filling up the 8L forum the whole time? (Note to mods, please fix this ASAP) :p

we don't have acess to control panel

hawhaw, you love it....this place without me would be like a toilet without a floating otter

I quite like it. I think the switchable skin option is a good idea so you can choose what you prefer.

Also everyone who is moaning about not being able to view it at work.......You should be working:whip:

:moa:

work ask me to contribute :p

Looks good. But the only thing I can add is that at work it is clearly not just a website, it's a forum.

My issue I know but I would like a White option.

i kind of like it needs tweeking as its hard to tell new posts to old posts, the white around some of the smilies is poo, and im glad you changed the wording to white as i could hardly read it before when it was grey? overall i like but again im up for the chose your own colour theme thing bit of customsiation for us bit like our cars :icon_thumright:

Works fine at home, but unfortunatley I can't waste the hours away at work so easily now,

Text seems to be missing from the forum selection page and it seems a bit flakey when navigating back and forth, must be firewall issue.

It would be nice to be able to select the plain old site for these occassions!

i like it so much easier on the eyes

not surprised we have 0% on never noticed it even the missus just said to me your not on a new web site are you lol

I like the look BUT its very hard to tell what threads u have read as the colours don't change, also its hard to see the threads that u have replied 2 as the green thing is so small!

Why are there such large black borders down the side of the screen?
I thought one of the basic rules with any application is make use of the screen space and don't waste it?

Why are there such large black borders down the side of the screen?
I thought one of the basic rules with any application is make use of the screen space and don't waste it?

I call them the pillars of support, they have a nice pattern at the top which fades to black, and when the thread gets a few replies so you have to start scrolling downwards to read the replies, you see where they end and start again!

Nastee!!

I like it in black but as said above, it hard to tell if there are new posts as the BOLD writing is not clear, also the choice of theme would be good, have seen that on other forums and its nice to have a personal preference. I am using Firefox so it looks like it is displaying ok. Another thing is that old signatures that were in black are almost invisible, thats why i had to use more colours in my sig. if its not too hard to implement can you add other colours to an option list in the settings menu on our profiles?

I like the dark, looks far better. The only issues are I cant tell which are read or unread and the green mark showing ones you have posted in is hardly noticeable! Other than this...love it! Reads well.