Asking for a like for like courtesy car?

Chris S 1245

Reaction score
My S4 is due a service what’s everyone’s experience in regards to requesting a Car you can have while yours is in for a service . Would love to test An Rs4/5 as that might be my next car.

I got an A3 when it was in for service and then an A5 sportback when in for some warranty. I didn't specifically request anything apart from it having rear doors so I could fit child seats though. If you don't ask then you don't get, so always worth asking the question!

I asked that last time I put mine in for a service. They are all A4’s at my local Audi. No mater what car you have, A1 to R8 everyone gets the same car.

My S4 is due a service what’s everyone’s experience in regards to requesting a Car you can have while yours is in for a service . Would love to test An Rs4/5 as that might be my next car.
It depends what they have. It's very unlikely they'll have any RS models as loan cars. You'd need to speak to sales, not service.

Don't mind what they give me - just makes the 'grin' s-o-o much bigger when I get back in our S4!!!!!
Prefer a model 'not on stilts', but then reminds me how puke they are!!!! ;-)

Reactions: cuke2u
Previously I've always been given an A3. Last month was offered an A4 or A5 when I got to the dealers. Took the 5 just as something different. Only need to go 12 miles home and back again so not too concerned as to what I'm given.

Reactions: SMI77 and jds_sg
All SUV's, as far as I'm concerned are the devil's spawn anyway. For VW to come out and state that Volkswagen are evolving into a SUV brand makes me sick to the core given their history...

Reactions: jds_sg and Bryant1998
I saw the T-Roc cabriolet for the first time this morning too. I don’t like the T-Roc to start with - I just don’t get it - but to turn it into a cabriolet is an abomination!

had a A1 and A3 from audi. however audi ensurance was far more generous as they loaned me a brand new porshe cayman s for a few days when they did some body work repairs.

My A4 is in body shop as someone hit it in supermarket car park , I'd only had it 10 days. :frown new:

The good news is that I've got a Merc 350 GLS AMG-class 4motion. I presume that as I asked for 'like for like', and I have a 3.0 TDi quattro s-tronic it was only thing that matched :yahoo:

It's an absolute beast. Worth about 65k new I think.

And it doesn't have any lag, just to throw in that old favourite again.