Ash's Mythos Black A4 Avant Black Edition thread...

A

ash-k

Thought I would make a progress thread where I will post any updates, mods... and keep track of things.

So it's an A4 Avant Black Edition Plus B8.5 in Mythos Black metallic.

Ordered back at the end of May car was ready to collect end of July. However I have held off collecting until this Tuesday 1st Sep. The wait has actually passed quickly.

Here it is at the dealership.

Unfortunately despite asking for it not to be prepared or paintwork touched, it somehow slipped through and was valated anyway. Wasn't happy when I got that email, went up to inspect the paintwork, usual swirls RDS scratches!!!!

Anyway onwards and upwards will have to spend a few days polishing it now. Will be creating a separate thread in the detailing section. Going to be using C1 & Exo to coat the car.

Ash

Reactions: Chop., scotty76, xpoweruk and 4 others
Thought I would make a progress thread where I will post any updates, mods... and keep track of things.

Ordered back at the end of May car was ready to collect end of July. However I have held off collecting until this Tuesday 1st Sep. The wait has actually passed quickly.

View attachment 67295

View attachment 67296

Unfortunately despite asking for it not to be prepared or paintwork touched, it somehow slipped through and was valated anyway. Wasn't happy when I got that email, went up to inspect the paintwork, usual swirls RDS scratches!!!!

Anyway onwards and upwards will have to spend a few days polishing it now. Will be creating a separate thread in the detailing section. Going to be using C1 & Exo to coat the car.

View attachment 67297

Ash
A4 Avant looks gorgeous mate :thumbs up:

Looking foreword to your Detailing write up

The challenge will be keeping a black car looking that nice all the time :D

The challenge will be keeping a black car looking that nice all the time :D

Tell me about it, it's a full time job. The two cars I have just now are both flat black, two of my previous cars were also black. Had a white A3 that was so easy to keep clean.

Enjoy your car collection. Car looks fantastic. Next few days will drag in. Look forward to pics and detailing progress. Enjoy;) x

Tell me about it, it's a full time job. The two cars I have just now are both flat black, two of my previous cars were also black. Had a white A3 that was so easy to keep clean.
You must be a real gluten for punishment lol
But you can't beat a freshly cleaned black car :thumbs up:

Looking forward to seeing the detail. I have used the gtechniq window coatings in the past and was really impressed.

Yeah I did fancy Daytona Grey for a change, but least its metallic black, flat black paint is a nightmare and much softer.

I sure am gluten for punishment especially with a 1 year boy who is in about everything.

Looking forward to seeing the detail. I have used the gtechniq window coatings in the past and was really impressed.

My last 5 cars have all had the full Gtechniq coatings applied to every surface. Can't see past the stuff, however there is quite a few brands out there now.

View attachment 67295

View attachment 67296

View attachment 67297

Ash

Very Nice! :yes:

Nice. Very similar to mine, is yours a non Quattro 3 litre diesel?

What engine have you chosen?

Nice. Very similar to mine, is yours a non Quattro 3 litre diesel?

I went for a 1.8 TFSI. I was going to get another diesel but to be honest the two cars we are trading in one has 7k the other 4k on the clocks from new both a year old. Don't do enough long journeys or enough miles to get a diesel.

Reactions: Kev M
Got the interior LED lighting package and noticed that pretty much all the lights were still yellow... WTF?

Think this will be my first mod is the guy from em tuning still doing the kits.

Also is there away to edit my first post would like to add in some more details like engine and a few things I speced?

So picked it up last Tuesday, glad to be back in an Audi... Didn't realise ho much I missed my previous Audis, looking back it was a long year driving that beemerrrrrr, just don't personally like BMW's as much, however I was sad to see the Golf GTD go. The Avant boot space is great for all the baby's stuff and the power operated boot is very handy. Love the alloys probably one of my favourites next to the 7 arm double spokes. Not really had a chance to drive anywhere other than 6 mile journey to work and back.

Had last Friday off work so spent the next few days detailing and getting every surface protected, won't bore everyone here and will make a post it the detailing section. Haven't had a chance to get the photos of the camera yet but here's one off the phone.

3e80c497dded89fb36a83119dbae7f53.jpg

Reactions: Chop., ruairi83, Bristle Hound and 2 others
Got the interior LED lighting package and noticed that pretty much all the lights were still yellow... WTF?

Think this will be my first mod is the guy from em tuning still doing the kits.

Also is there away to edit my first post would like to add in some more details like engine and a few things I speced?

I was supprised about the lights to. May need to do that soon.

Very nice Ash. I'm wondering about something. There appears to be an, I'm not sure, ? brake cooling vent on the outer edge of your front bumper. Is this a transitional thing into the B9 perhaps or an A4 black edition element. My car is an 8.5 S4 essentially exactly like Keefs as per his photo next to the Black RS6. I've not noticed them before. Just curious.

@chucky1 Had a look at the little vents on the bumper on my car just looks like it's aesthetics as opposed to any brake cooling ducting.

Absolutely fuming had the car two weeks and got damaged already.

So wife went to Asda tonight parked way over the back no other cars beside her plenty of parking at 8ish at night. She comes out and a guy had parked his work van so close that she could barley get in. Weird print on the door and a scuff mark with a sharp edge.

She checked for damage and took photos. Got in the car and circled till the guy came back and had it out with him.

Trying to figure out what he has done.

This kind of thing really annoys me!! Some people have no respect whatsoever. Absolutely stunning car, hope u get sorted!

This really annoys me too!! I now always park in child spaces even when my 7 yr old is not in the car. I get so angry that if I saw this happen I'd have no doubt I'd be up for assault! It happened to my wife's new A3 TFSI a few years ago. Old rover parked next to it even though there wasn't any cars near. Crease in the drivers door! There were a few more in that car afterwards... And I waited for the owner but thought better..

Reactions: ShaneSun
Is it me? Or does that kind of look like a boot print? The straightish line at left, closest to the light ? the edge of a door, and a boot at right? What's SPARKS? I would be sending all this to them as well. Try and exact a bit of justice that way. Sorry guys, but annoy is not the word I would use. And ash copy re the "vent".

Last edited:
Reactions: Keef
Ash, really sorry mate - some people just have no ****** respect for property!
my wife always mocks me for driving around looking for big parking spaces.
I initially though it was a boot print but no so sure now upon closer inspection.
He obviously doesn't give a ****, even the mirror cover is missing, so not the first time.
Hope you got somewhere with him and the marks clean out

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: chucky1
Feel your pain @ash-k :(

Like others have said, this sort of thing makes me so angry

Just wondering if those marks will machine out, but its difficult to tell from a pic TBH

And Ash, hats off to your wife too for taking a full set of photos and giving him a mouthful. I keep looking at this and think how I would feel. All I can say is he was lucky it wasn't me coming back to my car.