Ashley's B7 A4 Avant

ashley1

Reaction score
Hellooo

I've owned the car for 7 months, but haven't got round to making a progess blog until now!

IMAG0222.jpg

This is the car when I first bought it. It's a 2006 A4 2.0 TDi S-line Avant in Dolphin Grey; Totally standard. Never planned on keeping standard (had a massive list of parts that I wanted before picking up the car!)

The first mods that I did was adding a Seat Leon Cupra R Splitter, and spraying the grille gloss black. I will eventually be buying a RS4 Black Optics grille, but they're a bit pricey, but the grille looks okay for now. I also de-wipered and de-badged the rear. Looks a lot cleaner IMO. Anyway, here's a pic of the front end.

IMAG0321.jpg

It took my aaaaaages deciding on wheels, but after a while I narrowed it down to Rotiform BLQs or Audi/BBS Speedlines. Luckily, I managed to find a mint set of 19x8.5 Speedlines in PW Motorsport (local shop) so I went for them.

IMAG0317.jpg

As they were splits, I wanted to get the centres re-sprayed. I thought about black, gunmetal, even red, but in the end decided on gold.

IMAG0331.jpg

Had the wheels wrapped in Falken FK452 225/35's (slight stretch) and put them on the car. Realised straight away that the car needed to be a lot lower, so I bought myself a set of FK AK Street coilovers. I do plan on upgrading, but they're okay for now. I also bought a pair of 15mm hub-centric spacers for the rear and pressed plates with German 'D'.

IMAG0371.jpg

IMAG0340.jpg

IMAG0369.jpg

A pic that one of my friends took. Put yellow tint film on the fogs...

Chrispic.jpg

IMAG0462.jpg

This is how my car looks at the moment. I bought a smaller rear plate and wind defectors, although I'm not sure if I'll keep the rear ones on. Standard wheels are back on due to the centres having a crappy paint job, and all the paint peeling off, so they are being powder-coated gold instead. This is kind of good though, as it's given me time to mirror-polish the lips. I'm happy with the outcome, although they still aren't quite perfect. Need to look into an extemely fine polish!

IMAG0469.jpg

I've bought some 10mm hub-centric spacers for the front, so I'll post a pic when the wheels are back on.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Long term plans:

- Remap
- Tinted Windows
- New LCR Splitter (girlfriend crashed into a curb!)
- New Coilovers
- Poooossssssibly Angel Eyes
- Front Number Plate Blank (for shows)

Couple of new pics...

Wheels are back on, freshly powder-coated with the polished lips. Wound the front coilovers down a couple of threads too :thumbsup:

IMG_4997copy.jpg

IMG_5016.jpg

IMG_4983.jpg

Reactions: voorhees
Hey mate Nice car :D very clean :D
did you find anything about the Intercooler for the 2.0TDI?
I'm also looking for one, I've got an 2.0TDI also

Any particular reason you want to change the coilies?

Very nice, subtle but works very well. Loving the goldies.

Appreciate the comments guys! Haven't been on here in a while! The car has now been remapped up to around 190BHP, and has had new tyres put on the Speedlines with a little bit more stretch. The car is back on the standard wheels now though, and will probably stay like that over winter.

Hey mate Nice car :D very clean :D
did you find anything about the Intercooler for the 2.0TDI?
I'm also looking for one, I've got an 2.0TDI also

Thanks man! I haven't looked into it for a while, but from what I can see, the cheapest option is to buy a universal intercooler, and buy all the pipework seperately. I've got a friend with a MK4 Golf who did the same thing and he did the whole lot for about £200!

Quick update...

Had a bit of a change of heart... I've ordered Eibach Sportline lowering springs to replace the coilovers, B5 suspension cups/caps to lower the front a tiny bit more, and I'm going to be getting the centres on the Speedlines powder-coated a silvery grey colour. It is going to look quite a bit different, and I will be uploading pictures as soon as all the bits arrive and they're fitted.

Be interesting to see how it sits on Eibach sportline springs with B5 perches as it's something I am thinking of doing to my B6.

Also what offset are your wheels before you fitted spacers?

Be interesting to see how it sits on Eibach sportline springs with B5 perches as it's something I am thinking of doing to my B6.

Also what offset are your wheels before you fitted spacers?

sits really well. Only had them fitted on the weekend so gonna let them settle, then I'll post some pictures. Wheels are et43 I believe

That picture was taken when I had hardly any diesel, but I think the front it a bit too low (in comparison to the rear) with the B5 spring cups. I'm gonna get the 19's back on over the weekend and see what it looks like. I'll post some pictures.

Your eibach springs how much did they lower the car by ? and are you selling them as your going to AIR!

They lower the front 50mm and the rear 40mm. Yeah I probably will sell them. I'll give you a PM when they're off the car and I can see what sort of condition they're in!

SOund perfect heights
did they sit and ride ok ? do you have any pictures of them on the car with the speedlines on too ?
thanks

Spent last Sunday wrapping my chrome window trims. I used 3M satin black vinyl wrap. Looks a lot better in my opinion. Found it surprisingly easy to do, just took me all day! 100% worth the effort though.

FD4EB8CE-9FE8-4294-8289-DEE05B86CB59-1277-0000011BA5700864_zps64469f62.jpg

225531C4-9725-4A31-8953-091C85D66AC1-1277-0000011BBA7EB508_zps14652104.jpg

Any pics of the Speedlines now bud?

Btw first pic from Louis is spot on!

Epic car, still one of my favs but for me mistake selling the speedlines. 3sdms are a bit too "scene" for me, would love to see back on the speedlines!!

I know what you mean, and I'm starting to feel the same! I will be selling the 3SDMs too, and hopefully buying a set of 20" BBS CKs that are being sold locally.