Ashley's A3 1.8T

Very productive day today, got quite a bit done, but since i am lazy i will let the pics do the talking.

That is all for now.

Wow dude I'm so glad its starting to look like a motor! Then once its back together and feeling like a car again we going to need to overhaul the driver to match the car!

Not much change, but the motor should be going in tomorrow.

What it looks like as of 10 mins ago. Still a bit to do but should all be done tomorrow.

That's it for now, more updates tomorrow. Thanks for looking. PS Miggz must come help :p

Reactions: s3dave
pleasure my boy! you know im hard on you like a stepfather but its for your own good hahahha

Motor looks brand new dude! Love it... Hahah I don't even know you that well Ashley but I know the problem is you and your driving:undwech: Hehe

So just to let you all know, the motor is in but still busy with the wiring and piping (trying to keep it neat)

This morning before i started (putting box on)

Engine Crane

Motor going in

Motor in (thanks Miggz, Wikus, Chris, Wesley for all the help)

Hiiiii Miggz

Me working hard

And day end

Enjoy

Got quite stuck in today, moments away from start up.

Now just to make up my new TIP and we are ready to go! Happy days!

Reactions: Gizmo20VT
Good work but.... I must say that fmic is tiny, especially as you live in such a hot place too!
and
your intercooler pipework should be a little bigger too. 63mm i would recommend. even more so if your plan on running high boost for big figures.

Well done though. youve turned the car around in no time!

Good work but.... I must say that fmic is tiny, especially as you live in such a hot place too!
and
your intercooler pipework should be a little bigger too. 63mm i would recommend. even more so if your plan on running high boost for big figures.

Well done though. youve turned the car around in no time!

Thanks bud! I have also bought a bigger cooler, just can't fit it right now. i will do it when i fit the meth kit

Update time :)

So i did nopt end up getting the water meth kit as my phone was stolen, so the cash will go to that.

As for the car:

Just some general pics of the TIP being made and complete, the DRIFT DV, DRIFT Air filter and a new 4 wire Bosch Lambda.

Also the car was started today, all seems good, just an oil leak either from the sump or the oil feed to the turbo, also the timing belt is tensioned too tight :p sounds like i have a supercharger. That is it for now.

Ok so i have been quite lazy lately, but here is where i stand at the moment.

Some pics of the TIP sprayed and final fitting.

Then i decided it was time to install a bigger cooler

Got a nice Intake temp drop with the cooler and picked it up for a steal.

Hit the 1000km mark on the motor and did an oil change.

Next was to get the car mapped with Unitronic Stage 2+ map.

Put some laminex on the lights (thanks Miggz)

Finally took it to ALB for a dyno (No fine tune, 1.56bar boost, OB and Not running Meth)

That is it for now.

Last edited:
Awesome work bud! So happy for you!

quick question though... How do you manage to get your car running properly with the atmospheric DV? Must sound awesome! How about a video? Hehe

So seems like the Turbo on the car is basically given up. Starting to smoke more, oil in TIP and boost pipes and very noisy. Such is life, now to recon one :sadlike:

Ahh such is life... You weren't joking when you said it just costs more and more money haha... Time to go hybrid?

Ok firstly, the turbo seems to be holding up, just a bit noisy and slight smoke every now and then.

Now onto other things i have been busy with.

DP had a crack in that so it got fixed on Friday last week as well as a few boost leaks that were found.

I also got a new set of tyres for the 18's Achilles 2233 (big thanks to Collin at Rivonia Tyres)

Next i got my hands on a WMI kit (Snow Performance)

Making up the wiring harness tonight (sorry for poor quality pics)

That is it for now on the modding side, thanks for looking

Next was the Kyalami track day event (car was not ready so it was parked in our corner) Just some pics of the day (Thanks to the photographers)

Some more Water Meth goodies arrived! Big thanks to Brendan from Devils Parts Online and to my mate Martin and Nas for collecting ;D

Some pics for now, i will get started tonight.

That's it for now thanks for looking.

Awesome Ash! I'm keen to see what the power will be like with the WMI in... I was already blown away with how fast your car is when you took me for a spin this weekend:scared2:

So last night myself and Tiaan started with the install (big thanks to him btw.)

This is what was done.

Then this morning i found the problem i was looking for ;D

All seems to be sorted for now.

Reactions: PDBoosted and Kuvi-S3