ASB and CDY engine differences?

TomC6

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

What are differences between these two 3.0tdi engines?
ASB is making 171kw and 450nw
CDY is making 176kw and 500nw
Is it just remaped ECU or has something else renewed?
Also CDY fuel consumption is 9.6L/100km, but ASB has 11.8L/100km
ASB engine was on Allroad C6 up to 09, 2010 to 2103 was CDY.

If anyone knows then please share, would be good to know as would like to buy one but all of them are with ASB engines.

Cheers,
Tom

@gainton , my friend has just got rid of an 55plate A6 3.0 with the ASB engine, it had two cats, one just after the turbo and one alittle further back, but deffo not a DPF

They were introduced on all the range (3.0 TDi) from 2009 onward.

If you have tail pipes with a slight downward tip to them, you do not have a DPF
If you have tail pipes that come straight out, you have a DPF

Tom

@gainton , my friend has just got rid of an 55plate A6 3.0 with the ASB engine, it had two cats, one just after the turbo and one alittle further back, but deffo not a DPF

They were introduced on all the range (3.0 TDi) from 2009 onward.

If you have tail pipes with a slight downward tip to them, you do not have a DPF
If you have tail pipes that come straight out, you have a DPF

Tom
I know I had a DPF as I had its guts removed and had the DPF delete in ecu. I was in front throughout the whole process.

@gainton - I had my friends A6 decatted, it had two boxes, looked similar to a DPF but it wasn't.

I seriously am shocked if you did have a DPF especially as you have the downward pointing tailpipes - but if that's what you say you had then so be it.

On your exhaust, where were the pressure sensors mounted ?

@gainton - I had my friends A6 decatted, it had two boxes, looked similar to a DPF but it wasn't.

I seriously am shocked if you did have a DPF especially as you have the downward pointing tailpipes - but if that's what you say you had then so be it.

On your exhaust, where were the pressure sensors mounted ?

As I said I was in front of the whole process, at the same day I had the DPF "guts" removed and DPF/EGR delete in the ECU. I had a DPF and it was diagnosed as clogged by the local AUDI dealer and that was the reason my first set of injectors were damaged (white smoke in idle etc).

See attached pic from my service book's 1st page with DPFA6 on 3rd row.

Attachments

• service audi2.jpg
    service audi2.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 632
@gainton and @TomC6 ..... My reference was to a UK car and the U.K. Market, sorry, I didn't realise you were else where around the world @gainton

@TomC6 thats Austrialan ..... So different market again, they have different emission standards

I have CDY engine.
AUDI CDY ENGINE FOR SALE 3.0 V6 TDI (2009-2011). Complete engine low mileage .
contact details: kaffkahn@gmail.com

Attachments

• IMG_7306.JPG
    IMG_7306.JPG
    792 KB · Views: 547