AS.NET RING TRIP

I'd cramp your style...driving miss daisy lol

No you wouldn't mate. Basically we wont see Prawn all weekend as he'll be flying. I'll be taking it easy as I've spent too much oney on my car to spank it into the armco.

I bet I've spent almost as much on the track car as you have on the S3 :p Not that it comes anywhere even close in terms of 'niceness'

You will see me over the weekend chaps, I'll wave as I go past! :D

I bet I've spent almost as much on the track car as you have on the S3 :p Not that it comes anywhere even close in terms of 'niceness'

You will see me over the weekend chaps, I'll wave as I go past! :D

That is a fair comment. I would like to have a track project though. I'd either use the S and strip it then buy a cheap daily or buy an A3 like you have and strip it.

has anyone got a REALISTIC cost for this trip?

fuel, tickets, lap time bla bla?

its been a dream since i was a kid! lol

I reckon 6am is the one to go for dude!

We got the 10am last time, and we didn't arrive at the Burgstube until about 8pm or so by the time we'd had a few stops en route.

if we get the 6am, 2 hour crossing, plus the time diff, that gets us into France at 9am, so should see us at the Ring by 3pm, perfect time to check in, chill out for a few hours, then go down for a spot of Friday evening TF :)

2pm ferry home on the Monday should suit, as we wouldn't need to leave until about 8am, then a nice steady cruise back to the ferry port

eek.

that mildly worries me, as the ferrys I was looking at were 0600 and 1400 or 1600, Dover to Dunkirk with Norfolkline

Who have you booked with dude? and where from/to?

hahaha. you mong!

the whole point of the dover - dunkirk is that you get an hours less driving in france, and use the long boat trip to get to know everyone you're going with :)

haha, see if you can change it mate. Mine was the same price with Norfolkline :p

Well my Ring Toy is pretty much sorted and ready for the trip, New set of boots on it today:

2363ae5d.jpg

Got a track day at Hullavington comming up in two weeks, then next use will be the Ring trip!

How many people do we have 110% in on this trip?

As far as ASN people go it's a bit unknown. There's you and me then 5 of my mates and 1 of your mates. S3 Baby is about 95% so there might be 3 of us :(

With any luck the 8P boys will come too as there is a thread in there now too.

My list of things to get done before the trip grew longer after my trip to Bill's on Friday. It's a race against time now.

I'm 99% but just trying to keep the woman happy as now going to belgium the weekend before to watch a german hopefully get beaten by 2 mclarens so wasn't planning on booking till nearer the time but if everyones booking up will look at booking in the near future

Last edited:
Just went to book the ferry to secure the same crossing as everyone else but didn't realise needed definate passanger numbers and names
Does anyone know what their policy is like on passager detail changes etc are they that strict? :shrug:

Just went to book the ferry to secure the same crossing as everyone else but didn't realise needed definate passanger numbers and names
Does anyone know what their policy is like on passager detail changes etc are they that strict? :shrug:

I dont think they are that strict to be honest. I'm sure you could just call them and notify them if the details change before we go.

Just bash anything in mate, confirm the number of passengers, and make up names. doesn't matter if you change

Yea man :) sounds good to me! I'll be comming around the M25 past Clackett lane, then down to Dover. Can meet anywhere you like en route

Sounds good man :)

I've just ordered a Roll cage this afternoon, so I've gone from being almost totally ready, to having FECK loads of work to do again!

It looks like I'll be going to the ring on my S4s and Continental tyres! Got nowhere to store the S3s with Federals, the old man is already moaning about them being in his garage. Guess I'll have to sell them :(