SQ5 Arriving soon - 10 days and counting down - to a place near me...

Complete! After 4-months with this machine we find "complete" is the most appropriate word to describe it. Mega machine.... :thumbs up:

And now at 6-months...
5187.gif
Just BRILLIANT
49.gif

SQ5 and TT

OK, had the TT out today, well with this wonderful September sunshine why not - if only to evaluate the SQ5's pano-roof which, I have to confess, is way more preferable... :racer:

Reactions: Jcbmally
And now at 6-months...
5187.gif
Just BRILLIANT
49.gif

View attachment 190794

OK, had the TT out today, well with this wonderful September sunshine why not - if only to evaluate the SQ5's pano-roof which, I have to confess, is way more preferable... :racer:
Still looking good :hubbahubba: @45bvtc , in that colour and spec it still looks very up to date, dare I say it looks better than the newer model. :whistle2::whistle2:
It's about time you got the thread title changed though :friends:

Reactions: 45bvtc
Still looking good :hubbahubba: @45bvtc , in that colour and spec it still looks very up to date, dare I say it looks better than the newer model. :whistle2::whistle2:
It's about time you got the thread title changed though :friends:

I agree 100% Jcbmally in fact it is the only car I've ever owned that I cannot fault the looks of; and yes, I'll enquire as how to get "the thread title changed" as for sure, like our RS3 and TT, it ain't going anywhere else for the time being... :thumbs up:

Reactions: V6_Man and Jcbmally
17-months on and still loving it but now tempted to modify it a little starting with a rear-end de-(clutter) badges:

SQUIFFY de clutter

GREAT car, difficult to fault, does everything (for us) soooo well :thumbs up:

Still waiting for the 034 ARB - said to be on its way, next month, from Awesome :racer:

Last edited:
Reactions: BarryG79, Jcbmally, Pinky1959 and 2 others
17-months on and still loving it but now tempted to modify it a little starting with a rear-end de-badge:

View attachment 206698

Still waiting for the 034 ARB - said to be on its way, next month, from Awesome :racer:

Been looking at those arb’s myself, would love some feedback after installation and road tested?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Been looking at those arb’s myself, would love some feedback after installation and road tested?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'll do that Paul. For sure it made a huge difference to my 8P RS3 and I'm sure it'll do the same to this machine. I only, very occasionally get a tad of understeer and I am 100% sure this ARB will resolve that without affecting the ride. Interestingly, even with the Plus’s sports differential, road testers report "even with that new rear diff. Explore its limits and you'll discover understeer" (https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/audi/sq5-2012-2017/first-drives/2016-audi-sq5-plus-review). So lets see what this 034 ARB does...

:racer:

Reactions: Jcbmally and paul wev
17-months on and still loving it but now tempted to modify it a little starting with a rear-end de-(clutter) badges:

View attachment 206698

Yup I like a de-badged car, makes it look cleaner IMO. I don't get hung up on "what's on the tailgate/boot", beauty in the eye of the beholder and all that. Still a lovely looking motor, it's aged must better than the current model IMO of course.

Yup I like a de-badged car, makes it look cleaner IMO. I don't get hung up on "what's on the tailgate/boot", beauty in the eye of the beholder and all that. Still a lovely looking motor, it's aged must better than the current model IMO of course.

I do so humbly agree with your "IMO," Jcbmally, twice here for instance, as seemingly always, lol; you've obviously very good taste...
57.gif

Last edited:
I do so humbly agree with your "own opinion" Jcbmally, twice here for instance, as seemingly always, lol; you've obviously very good taste...
57.gif

PS: I'd prefer NOT to de-badge my Audi avtar rear-ends of course:

Audi bum avtar Audi

:shrug:

Last edited:
Reactions: BarryG79, Sandra, Jcbmally and 1 other person
Recognise those pics. Think I still have the avatar you made for me, lol. Hope all is good John and Judith. x

So old now are them pics that I guess there will be a few wrinkles now Sandra, lol...

All well here, thank you, and hope the same for you and yours; have been thinking of writing and will do so later with details. Lovely to hear from you, as always.

Just love the POSITIVE elements of ASN, GREAT FUN with more than a few laughs along the way

Hope your own 'wheels' are still making you smile :yes:

Stay SAFE
:friends:

Last edited:
Recognise those pics. Think I still have the avatar you made for me, lol. Hope all is good John and Judith. x

PS: I don't use it much but this is the ASN avtar I do like:

Bad bear avatar square

Quite fancy the idea of being scolded while wearing an Audi Sport race suit, Sandra, lol :whip:

Last edited:
Reactions: Pinky1959 and Jcbmally
So old now are them pics that I guess there will be a few wrinkles now Sandra, lol...

All well here, thank you, and hope the same for you and yours; have been thinking of writing and will do so later with details. Lovely to hear from you, as always.

Just love the POSITIVE elements of ASN, GREAT FUN with more than a few laughs along the way

Stay SAFE
All good here. Yes still smiles per mile here. Look forward to hearing from you both. X

Reactions: Kelza, 45bvtc and Jcbmally

Stay SAFE
All good here. Yes still smiles per mile here. Look forward to hearing from you both. X

Reactions: 45bvtc and Jcbmally

Stay SAFE
Wait a minute,,,,,, is that your rear @Sandra ?? If it is,,,,, wow :thumbs up::thumbs up::respekt::respekt:

Reactions: Sandra and 45bvtc
Thats an awesome looking SQ5 there. Love it

2015/16 and 2017 Sales brochures already sent.

The £s for the "Thats an awesome looking SQ5 there. Love it" post on it's way... :thumbs up:

The 2020 winter look:

On rotors 1

And it needs a wash... :whistle2:

Last edited:
Reactions: Kelza, Jcbmally, AllanG and 2 others
Can't beat rotors, wouldn't mind a set for the RSQ3 for winter!
Was never really a fan of the winter 20's that I had on the SQ5, functional yes but a bit uninspiring.
Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Can't beat rotors, wouldn't mind a set for the RSQ3 for winter!

For sure having fitted these today there's no way I'lm re-fitting our twin-spoke wheels Ju; much as I like 'em these rotors are to die for!!! Be doing the same for summer; already looking for a set - and have several watching - and fresh rubber for April 2021. No pockets in shrouds!!!

Got an 19-inch 8J ET50 LOW miles (3750 miles from new) 8P RS3 set of rotors, Ju, mint and all, not sure they'd fit an RSQ3 but easy enough to check. I'll not be using 'em again for sure, BLUEY ain't doing any more wet and or snow! Our SQ5 does ALL for us, but you's know that already! TT and RS3 are both now summer use only - so winters up for grabs.

My RS3 8P rotors are rare, very rare in this low-miles condition but hey, who knows - on The Trading Post anyways...

Not so good here, mucho radiotherapy and all - s*=t/fan and all; hope better with you...

Last edited:
Was going to ask you how Judith was?
These short days and dark nights are depressing at the best of times so it can't be much fun for you both at the moment.
No dramas here, just a gradual slope for Helen.
Will be glad when she can get out more once the covid restrictions start to relax, she's not been out since the London trip to pick the car up....I'd be going stir crazy!
Not sure the RS3 alloys will fit tbh John, would probably prefer 20's though

A hectic month or two, Ju: a recent week of post-chemo hospitalisation but now out and about - fortunate as Royal Stoke Cancer Care departments went COVID +TVE last week: but the copilot is now on Radio Caroline treatments this week and next.

After Christmas another +C review and onward: :superman: Onward: :superman: Onward:
:superman:

As for 'stir crazy' I think I've Wednesday, Thursday AND Friday hospital visiting FREEEEEEEE, maybe/as yet/at date - next week :yahoo:

Reactions: Jcbmally and desertstorm
Was going to ask you how Judith was?
These short days and dark nights are depressing at the best of times so it can't be much fun for you both at the moment.
No dramas here, just a gradual slope for Helen.
Will be glad when she can get out more once the covid restrictions start to relax, she's not been out since the London trip to pick the car up....I'd be going stir crazy!
Not sure the RS3 alloys will fit tbh John, would probably prefer 20's though

I'm thinking/sure these 21" SQ5 beasties will be swapped for summer rotors:

Pro cut SQ5 brake disc

Bargaining already on going

I do like the 'early' Audi rotors and no worries in adding a few more rims to the collection :thumbs up:

Reactions: Kelza and Jcbmally
As much as I like the rotors John, I'd be sticking with the 21" twin spokes tbh. They really do suit the SQ5!
I need some time and decent weather over the Christmas break to spray the disc hubs and fit my red stuff pads front and rear, starting to get the odd squeek from the oem fronts now

As much as I like the rotors John, I'd be sticking with the 21" twin spokes tbh. They really do suit the SQ5!
I need some time and decent weather over the Christmas break to spray the disc hubs and fit my red stuff pads front and rear, starting to get the odd squeek from the oem fronts now

Remember when you were young Ju and while everyone gave you advice you generally thought 'nah' and did yer own thing; and then mid-30's you started to realise that some of the advice was sound and you should've listened; well when you get mid to 70's it's very much like being young again and one tends to dismiss the 'sound' advice of others, lol! :whistle2:

So another set of 21-inch x 9J ET35 genuine Audi rotors 'were' purchased yesterday and me and rs3copilot :friends: will decide which we prefer come summertime; these for sure will be re-furbished in STD Audi RS3 'titanium' finish and shod with some tasty rubber.

That said she very much agrees with you
:sadlike: i.e. "I'd be sticking with the 21" twin spokes tbh. They really do suit the SQ5!"

Remember when you were young Ju and while everyone gave you advice you generally thought 'nah' and did yer own thing; and then mid-30's you started to realise that some of the advice was sound and you should've listened; well when you get mid to 70's it's very much like being young again and one tends to dismiss the 'sound' advice of others, lol! :whistle2:

So another set of 21-inch x 9J ET35 genuine Audi rotors 'were' purchased yesterday and me and rs3copilot :friends: will decide which we prefer come summertime; these for sure will be re-furbished in STD Audi RS3 'titanium' finish and shod with some tasty rubber.

That said she very much agrees with you
:sadlike: i.e. "I'd be sticking with the 21" twin spokes tbh. They really do suit the SQ5!"
I've definitely done some very un tasteful mods in my time John that I look back on now.....The original Leon Cupra R with a carbon fibre bonnet and going back further an opel manta gte with "Manta GTE" in bright green signwritten across the bottom of both doors.....what was I thinking lol :whistle2:

Reactions: 45bvtc and paul wev
Am I the only person who doesnt like rotors?

As for mods, I had a cavalier mk 1 1600 GL and fitted the spoiler on the front from the GLS coupe and repainted the steel sports style wheels with trim rings, since then never modified a car beyond a tow bar and spring assisters (I know...)

Just done an early morning hospital run, as one MUST, to Stafford County Hospital: it is where me and rs3copilot are after all:

20201228 102343

If only to advise: A 2016 AUDI SQ5 on 21-inch x 9J ET35 black-gloss-diamond-cut AUDI OEM Rotors with 265/40 21 Continental TS860S winters is/was/and continues to be a LAUGH for both today (and later) early morning dash/run to Stafford County Hospital (for chemotherapy service).

She's never 'on-time' /'early'!

And me, a decrepit 75-year old AUDI (ASN) fan, lol :racer:

Last edited:
Reactions: Jcbmally, SPIKE_, desertstorm and 1 other person
An AMAZING yet COMPLETE piece of AUDI 'magic' machinery:

SQ5 back 1 SQ5 back 2

If I thought there was anything better for 'our' :friends: needs I/we'd have it already :racer:

PS: just given SQUIFFY it a 'rinse' with RACEGLAZE filtered water - no need to do anything else, just let drip/dry...

OH!! and RARE twin spoke 21-inch SQ5 summers and/or 20-inch winters up for sale, just sayin':

SQ5 TWIN SPOKES 120inch winters 1

No other reason to sell 'any' other than wanting to do/play with something else - no pockets in shrouds!

Last edited:
Summer rotors arrived/in store awaiting refurb to 8P RS3 spec - I 'love' Audi 'period' Rotors...:

Summer rotors

Tyres to be: Michelin Pilot Sport 4 or Pilot Sport 4 S
7072.gif

Do I care others don't like 'period 8P RS3' rotors:

Audi bum avtar

Not really, each to their own...

Last edited:
Reactions: Kelza and Jcbmally
Summer rotors arrived/in store awaiting refurb to 8P RS3 spec - I 'love' Audi 'period' Rotors...:

Tyres to be: Michelin Pilot Sport 4 or Pilot Sport 4 S
7072.gif

Do I care others don't like 'period 8P RS3' rotors:

Not really, each to their own...
Oh very nice and oh very very nice. But what way round
7072.gif

Oh very nice and oh very very nice. But what way round
7072.gif

Gloss black diamond cut 21-inch x 9J winter rotors (as shown) with Titanium semi-gloss diamond cut (as per 8P RS3) 21-inch x 9J summer rotors, Steve: the SQ5 twin-spokes are already safely stored and advertised for sale. Michelin rubber for sure but 4/4S to be decided on - handling paramount :racer:

Gotta do what ya gotta do and do it soon.... :friends:

PS: and the summer rotors (awaiting refurbishment) came from a very, very nice man in Stirling, Steve - a personal delivery, lol... :thumbs up:

Gloss black diamond cut 21-inch x 9J winter rotors (as shown) with Titanium semi-gloss diamond cut (as per 8P RS3) 21-inch x 9J summer rotors, Steve: the SQ5 twin-spokes are already safely stored and advertised for sale. Michelin rubber for sure but 4/4S to be decided on - handling paramount :racer:

Gotta do what ya gotta do and do it soon.... :friends:

PS: and the summer rotors (awaiting refurbishment) came from a very, very nice man in Stirling, Steve - a personal delivery, lol... :thumbs up:
Your right John, life is short and one should make sure its full of fun/joy and no regrets :respekt:.
I'm sure the other wheels will sell easy enough, oh and I do like rotors too :yes::yes:

Your right John, life is short and one should make sure its full of fun/joy and no regrets :respekt:.
I'm sure the other wheels will sell easy enough, oh and I do like rotors too :yes::yes:

Rotor rims off to refurb' today, Steve; JPAlloys collected and later reported one rim flat spotted otherwise all OK. STD AUDI rotor colour 'satin finish' and diamond cut agreed, just do it! Now toying Continental Sport Contact 6 for summer use. For sure we're mega impressed with the 'ride' on 9J's and the already fitted 265/40 21 Continental TS860S (31/27psi) winters - so why change :racer:

Rotor rims off to refurb' today, Steve; JPAlloys collected and later reported one rim flat spotted otherwise all OK. STD AUDI rotor colour 'satin finish' and diamond cut agreed, just do it! Now toying Continental Sport Contact 6 for summer use. For sure we're mega impressed with the 'ride' on 9J's and the already fitted 265/40 21 Continental TS860S (31/27psi) winters - so why change :racer:
:iagree:

10-years for the RS3 was ALWAYS the plan, Ju.

Cancer for rs3copilot in-between was not(!) - and that's resulted in the mega low use.

Already selling RS3 surplus - 8.5J mega rare wheels....

Between now and October 2021 I see the RS3 moving on. No rush just yet. A number of interested parties already but our own decision to part not yet made. At 14427 miles I can afford a few more yet, but this SQ5 takes some beatin'

View attachment 180540

Get yer bids in now.... :racer:
Stunning !

Happiness is the 'smell' of fresh summer rubber :yahoo:

Happiness is

Decided on Michelin Pilot Sport 4 SUV 265/40 R21 (105) rubber for summer use, just need to get 'em fitted to the now refurbished Audi titanium 'satin' finished 21-inch x 9J Rotors later this month

Oh, and the 265/40 R21 (105) Continental TS860S winters are just wonderful on the SQ5, same (but gloss black) 21-inch x 9J Rotors...:thumbs up:

Reactions: Jcbmally, paul wev and Kelza
ALL fitted and balanced, just waiting for summer temps to afford SQ5 due diligence:

SQ5 michelins