SQ5 Arriving soon - 10 days and counting down - to a place near me...

Just saw your other thread

Reactions: 45bvtc
Here you go.
I'm a mk1 SQ5 owner but that looks stunning in comparison.........at least we have the better engine haha

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: 45bvtc, RS3 S., paul wev and 1 other person
View attachment 178346

Joining the SQ5 club, I've been threatening to do so for some time... :racer:

Congrats on the purchase John and hats off to RS3 Copilot for making it easier for you to buy 'her dream car .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: paul wev, 45bvtc and NevMan
I'm a mk1 SQ5 owner but that looks stunning in comparison.........at least we have the better engine haha

I'd agree on the first bit - I have the same wheels and they were compulsory to me when picking my stock car...

and I disagree on the second bit - HAD to be petrol this time, whilst we still can....

Reactions: NevMan
Congrats on the purchase John and hats off to RS3 Copilot for making it easier for you to buy 'her dream car .

A cracking machine, Tash, most probably the most complete Audi for us, at our age and circumstance, now; ran the SQ5 for 200 miles today (HazzyDayz for a quick mod and home) and this machine was just sooo easy; gonna wait 2 to 3 weeks and then take out both the RS3 and TT and evaluate; at the moment the SQ5 is a sure winner...

Reactions: V6_Man, RS3 S. and NevMan

"Her" dream car is stayin' a while longer Tash... :racer:

TT Dream car

And she's going to be using it more - 14K after 10-years, I mean, c'mon...

Tonka this morning after a rub up yesterday (note the HazzyDayz mod) with TJ's QD - the quality of which mots here know well:

Tonka TJd

Reactions: Scotty75, Kelza, Arkious and 4 others
And on 20-inch winter rims for a few days - need JP Alloys to apply some TLC to the two rear 21-inch alloys due to some clumsy tyre fitter partially scoring the edges of both rims - might as well get 'em done now otherwise it'll 'P' me off if I wait till November:

Big BLUEY on 20 inch winter rims 2

Reactions: Bristle Hound, V6_Man, Kelza and 2 others
And on 20-inch winter rims for a few days - need JP Alloys to apply some TLC to the two rear 21-inch alloys due to some clumsy tyre fitter partially scoring the edges of both rims - might as well get 'em done now otherwise it'll 'P' me off if I wait till November:

View attachment 179619

John, you don’t mess about, I like it

John, you don’t mess about, I like it

74-years of age this month Nev so no time to waste, just gotta get on with it... :superman:

Reactions: Scotty75, V6_Man and NevMan
Exactly the same colour combo as my mates!
Good call on the trim change as his was marked when he bought it and the new one is just the same now

Two more days and the dented brushed aluminium console surround goes piano black:

Pre piano black

Can't wait...

Looked at various ways to change to include; re-paint, plastic coat, wrap, leather cover, etc; all with their own issues but now going with an OEM (£274 ouch!) piano black item - photo soon...

PS: drove the RS3 yesterday for the first time since this SQ5 arrived... :bye:

Last edited:
Reactions: V6_Man, NevMan and -Ju-
Two more days and the dented brushed aluminium console surround goes piano black:

View attachment 180532

Can't wait...

Your certainly not wasting any time!
Are you seriously considering selling the RS3 then?
Washed mine at 7 a.m. this morning and then spent all day machine polishing and applying various sealants ........looks just like it did at 7.15 lol. God damn silver cars

Reactions: 45bvtc, V6_Man and NevMan
Your certainly not wasting any time!
Are you seriously considering selling the RS3 then?
Washed mine at 7 a.m. this morning and then spent all day machine polishing and applying various sealants ........looks just like it did at 7.15 lol. God damn silver cars

10-years for the RS3 was ALWAYS the plan, Ju.

Cancer for rs3copilot in-between was not(!) - and that's resulted in the mega low use.

Already selling RS3 surplus - 8.5J mega rare wheels....

Between now and October 2021 I see the RS3 moving on. No rush just yet. A number of interested parties already but our own decision to part not yet made. At 14427 miles I can afford a few more yet, but this SQ5 takes some beatin'

Snake

Get yer bids in now.... :racer:

Reactions: Kelza, Scotty75, V6_Man and 2 others

Cancer for rs3copilot in-between was not(!) - and that's resulted in the mega low use.

Between now and October 2021 I see the RS3 moving on. No rush just yet. A number of interested parties already but our own decision to part not yet made. At 14427 miles I can afford a few more yet, but this SQ5 takes some beatin'

View attachment 180540

Would love to own that car John as it certainly is a rare, loved and unmolested super low mileage beauty.
I've always read your posts about "bluey" with envy:wub:
It was always my dream to own the 8P RS3 but it would have to be a second car now the wife has MS and after spending over £30k on the other toy it would be a bridge too far atm.

Reactions: NevMan and 45bvtc
Would love to own that car John as it certainly is a rare, loved and unmolested super low mileage beauty.
I've always read your posts about "bluey" with envy:wub:
It was always my dream to own the 8P RS3 but it would have to be a second car now the wife has MS and after spending over £30k on the other toy it would be a bridge too far atm.

Thank you sooo much!!

You are always welcome to come and try BLUEY, Ju; experience the car for what it is, whatever: life is too short not to...

I blame that wonderful ASN Sandra girl for leading me astray in February 2015 - it went like this:

"OK, I've been called an Audi 'tart' before and I'm sure I will again, especially after today...

And what a day; sunny and dry to start but misty and damp at Stafford Audi; but these are all 4-wheel drive beasties and its slippy/slidy stuff out there.

Some are standing around somewhat surprised that they're just getting a set of keys to whatever and told to go and 'experience'.

Not me; I know what's coming and can't wait to get my hands on the RS7; everything else will be judged against it as for me the RS7 ticks all of my boxes. And so it did; out on my prescribed route to Uttoxeter and back with some mid 3-figure numbers shown on the head-up: kept trying to get closer to that display but couldn't. Came back exhausted, how can you improve on the engine/brakes/dynamics of this machine?

RS7 and Judith and me frame 2

A coffee, a quick chat, a "who wants a go in an RS5?" and my hand going for the ceiling lights. This is the old RS5, Stafford Audi has had it some time, and the tyres are seriously well run in. Same route but hey, this thing is a' sliding like the RS7 didn't. However, I've now an RS4 stuck-to-me-bum so I need to push; push and slide, push and slide. A great noise the RS5 makes must have woken up several road users between Stafford and Uttoxeter but hey, the morning's getting on.

Another coffee and bacon butty. The S1; hand up again; been practicing clutch-in, move the knobbed gear-stick, clutch-out, with our A2 (Suzy) for two weeks now so we're thinking we're ok... We obviously need more practice; however, what a superb motor car: brakes, steering, interior trim, and noise, just about everything is ticking all the right boxes...

Andy Poole keeps on saying I've got to try the S8, "you MUST try the S8" again and again.

OK, we'll give it a go. A different route but ok. 1000yards and were both speaking words I don't want to print here but WOW! What a piece of machinery. This is some big piece of machinery that gave a Jaguar driver a work-out (and lost...) The short run was extended, doubled maybe, and this piece of machinery was hugely impressive in every way; brake and steering feel on the damp, undulating, duck and dive roads was hugely impressive; I couldn't fault it. I didn't try what 'jojo' did mind, and 'desertstorm' will be happy if he doesn't do it again with him passenger, either...

What else? Who wants a go in an SQ5 shouts Andy Poole and this bl**dy hand is in the air again with me looking at it...

OK! The SQ5 is a twin turbo diesel; now I didn't know that until I got back! Believe me, I DID NOT KNOW IT WAS A DIESEL. I'll be checking later; but this thing was, again, amazing! Out on the twisty, wet stuff, and this thing was behaving like a hooligan, just like all the others, actually...

A FULL day. A WONDERFUL, MEMORABLE day! I cannot thank Sandra and Stafford Audi enough, for me the most comprehensive motoring experience I/we've ever had.

I bet Andy Poole sleeps well tonight, he worked all day without fade, and must be congratulated: I bet he sleeps well tonight; as I will.

Thank you is NOT enough but it's 100% sincere.

Audi Sales brochures and tape measures are out again; what an incredible array of motor cars these guys have.

TO END: I want to thank Sandra for arranging this event; I want to thank Stafford Audi, everyone at Stafford Audi from TOP to BOTTOM; the directors, the sales guys, the customer service guys, the wash guys, the receptionist who's name I've forgotten but carried on professionally while the rest of us were being organised by Andy Poole but still took time to be courteous and nice.

But 100% to Andy Poole and Chris Jones and Phil Cole and David (on the A5 in his A4 who I thought was tagging me and my RS3).

One other person, my wife (RS3copilot): how she sits quietly by my side in some unknown car with me giving it the full beans on damp roads with sub 3ºC ambient temperatures is beyond me; I couldn't do it.

THANK YOU... I'll NEVER forget the day.

Oh, and for you guys that are too young to be given the keys of a near new 552bhp/516lb/ft Audi RS6/7 just think of the time in the future when you will. There's better to come and you'll be able to experience.

And I'll swap you youth for experience (i.e., cheap insurance, etc) anytime..."

And there you have it, that darn 326bhp 650Nm SQ5 itch was deeply attached...

BIG BLUEY 1

Reactions: Scotty75, V6_Man, NevMan and 2 others
Thank you sooo much!!

You are always welcome to come and try BLUEY, Ju; experience the car for what it is, whatever: life is too short not to...

I blame that wonderful ASN Sandra girl

Awfully nice of you to offer John, shall I start saving now lol.

This forum wouldnt be half the place it is without Sandra. I don't know where she gets the energy and the will to organise all the meets, nevermind the countless hours moderating the forum.:respekt:

Reactions: V6_Man, NevMan, 45bvtc and 1 other person

View attachment 180532

Can't wait...

Looked at various ways to change to include; re-paint, plastic coat, wrap, leather cover, etc; all with their own issues but now going with an OEM (£274 ouch!) piano black item - photo soon...

Piano black centre console

Now ain't that better! I can't stop smiling
6383.gif

All mods now complete, nothing more to do but enjoy... :yahoo:

Reactions: Bristle Hound, SPIKE_, Jcbmally and 2 others
BLUEY and BIG Bluey - out together for an early morning run to Stafford Audi, together...

Two x BLUEY 1
Happy dayz...

Reactions: RossN14, Scotty75, SteveMcB and 4 others
So what Bluey did you drive to the garage ?

I drove Big BLUEY and followed RS3copilot in BLUEY; must say BLUEY looks and sounded GOOD on the road...

Reactions: Jcbmally, Scotty75 and NevMan

View attachment 180540

Just wish I had the spare cash to pick it up from you John. Well, who knows as we still have 8 months before the 2k19 finishes. If only I can overcome my RS6 itch I'd love to buy it from you now rather than waiting for until 2021

Reactions: 45bvtc and NevMan
View attachment 180915

Now ain't that better! I can't stop smiling
6383.gif

All mods now complete, nothing more to do but enjoy... :yahoo:
The paino black trim looks great.....finishs of the interior perfectly.

Can't believe BLUELY could be looking a new home some stage soon :frowning:

Reactions: 45bvtc and NevMan
The paino black trim looks great.....finishs of the interior perfectly.

Can't believe BLUELY could be looking a new home some stage soon :frowning:

As staid in the Audi magazine Winter 2013 Audi magazine Winter 2013 snip Quattro Club Capture :

Enthusiast

But not quite 10-years yet, Spike_S3; lots of time left yet for spirited FUN driving... :racer:

Last edited:
Reactions: Kelza, Bristle Hound, SteveMcB and 5 others
SQ5 on our usual "home/hospital" and/or "hospital/home" run is showing 38mpg from a 'cold' start - oh so similar to our previous A1 - so no complaints here; and oh so easy to drive...

Last edited:
Reactions: Jcbmally and NevMan
Update: had ALL four brake discs PRO-CUT a couple of weeks back just to eliminate inner and outer wear 'lips' (@ £40/disc). My front discs had something like a 0.2mm (0.008") lip on both the outside in inside diameter(s) and both inside and outside faces. New discs are specified at 36mm thick with a minimum thickness of 34mm: after pro-cut these are now 35.5mm thick.

Then fitted a NEW set (front and rear) of Ferodo Eco-Green brake pads; FDB4969 front and FDB4190 rear @ £127.00 (eBay buyanycarpart) both sets.

SQ5 Ferodo ECO FRICTION pads

Results: Lots and lots of positive 'bite' and minimal and I do mean minimal brake dust.

And now after 250-miles these Ferodo Eco-Green brake pads are absolutely superb and improving; highly recommended...

Oh, and new dust covers for the rear brake calipers, the original ones were blistering under the paint, tsk...

SQ5 caliper dirt shield

GREAT car this 2016 diesel SQ5, does everything - for us!: still not using the RS3 and or TT much...

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Jcbmally, V6_Man and 3 others
SQ5 on our usual "home/hospital" and/or "hospital/home" run is showing 38mpg from a 'cold' start - oh so similar to our previous A1 - so no complaints here; and oh so easy to drive...

Oh dear, now much closer to 28 than 38 but still above 30mpg overall; now way tooooooooo old to care...
4224.gif

Reactions: NevMan, Jcbmally and -Ju-
Oh dear, now much closer to 28 than 38 but still above 30mpg overall; now way tooooooooo old to care...
4224.gif
Good lad, none of that poxy fuel saving mumbo jumbo lol

Reactions: Jcbmally and 45bvtc
Update: had ALL four brake discs PRO-CUT a couple of weeks back just to eliminate inner and outer wear 'lips' (@ £40/disc). My front discs had something like a 0.2mm (0.008") lip on both the outside in inside diameter(s) and both inside and outside faces. New discs are specified at 36mm thick with a minimum thickness of 34mm: after pro-cut these are now 35.5mm thick.

Then fitted a NEW set (front and rear) of Ferodo Eco-Green brake pads; FDB4969 front and FDB4190 rear @ £127.00 (eBay buyanycarpart) both sets.

Results: Lots and lots of positive 'bite' and minimal and I do mean minimal brake dust.

And now after 250-miles these Ferodo Eco-Green brake pads are absolutely superb and improving; highly recommended...

Oh, and new dust covers for the rear brake calipers, the original ones were blistering under the paint, tsk...

GREAT car this 2016 diesel SQ5, does everything - for us!: still not using the RS3 and or TT much...
Are you thinking of selling on the RS3? Good to hear your loving the SQ5....great machine.

Are you thinking of selling on the RS3? Good to hear your loving the SQ5....great machine.

Eventually, yes Spike but not just yet; still more 5-pot enjoyment to be had...

BLUEY 2019

Reactions: Kelza, NevMan, Jcbmally and 2 others
SQ5 mileage since 26 March @ 1092 miles - bearing in mind its mainly hospital runs

If only to compare; our RS3 mileage over the same period @ 36 miles, and our TT @ 25 miles...

7072.gif
me thinks we 'like' this SQ5...

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Jcbmally and NevMan
@45bvtc - Can't believe I missed this thread !
Your new SQ5 is an absolute stunner John ! Congrats to you both
There's one almost identical to yours (with the exception of there's having the running boards on) & it always catches my eye

PS I do have rather a soft spot for sepango bleu mind ...
Our old S4 -

tpogoEQl.jpg

Reactions: Jcbmally and 45bvtc
@45bvtc - Can't believe I missed this thread !
Your new SQ5 is an absolute stunner John ! Congrats to you both
There's one almost identical to yours (with the exception of there's having the running boards on) & it always catches my eye

PS I do have rather a soft spot for sepango bleu mind ...
Our old S4 -

tpogoEQl.jpg

Thanks Col, we were very lucky to find it and are very, very, very happy with it: our only question was the interior but having lived with it for a few months have zero complaints. I'm just amazed how this machine can be hustled down the back lanes. We'll maybe give the RS3 a (hospital) run on Friday, maybe...

Oh, and the running boards for us were a no no - a bu**er to step over getting in and out...

And that S4 is a stunner

Our Sepang and Cornflower...

2 x BLUEY

Reactions: Jcbmally, Bristle Hound and NevMan
Thanks Col, we were very lucky to find it and are very, very, very happy with it: our only question was the interior but having lived with it for a few months have zero complaints. I'm just amazed how this machine can be hustled down the back lanes. We'll maybe give the RS3 a (hospital) run on Friday, maybe...

Oh, and the running boards for us were a no no - a bu**er to step over getting in and out...

And that S4 is a stunner

Our Sepang and Cornflower...

Supposed to step on the running boards and not over John You do have a nice choice of cars for your (hospital) runs indeed

Supposed to step on the running boards and not over John

I know my inside leg is getting less these days but I don't need the side-steps just yet, Nev, but thanks for the thought...
4202.gif

Reactions: NevMan and Bristle Hound
Complete! After 4-months with this machine we find "complete" is the most appropriate word to describe it. Mega machine.... :thumbs up:

Reactions: Jcbmally