SQ5 Arriving soon - 10 days and counting down - to a place near me...

45bvtc

The Older I Get The Better I Was
Supporter
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
SQ5 2

Joining the SQ5 club, I've been threatening to do so for some time... :racer:

Reactions: blackwood, Deze2014, gratifi.me and 17 others
Very nice mate, you going for it?

Already 'ours' q5man, all paid for. 2-minutes flat and RS3copilot uttered them fatal words "I like it!"

So just awaiting V5 documents and reg transfer from our A1 which I think is now sold.

Collect the SQ5 on the 1st April; 3rd service and health check already booked at Stafford Audi on the 4th - even the panoroof gets serviced! Two new Dunlop Max xx tyres to match the new rears (19k from new), and there we go, sorted. Oh and change the brushed aluminium centre tray to piano black - already in hand.

And 20" winter wheels and tyres already on order, well what do you expect - it still might snow in April, lol...
31.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Kelza, Scotty75, NevMan and 2 others
Already 'ours' q5man, all paid for. 2-minutes flat and RS3copilot uttered them fatal words "I like it!"

So just awaiting V5 documents and reg transfer from our A1 which I think is now sold.

Collect the SQ5 on the 1st April; 3rd service and health check already booked at Stafford Audi on the 4th; two new Dunlop Max xx tyres to match the new rears (19k from new), and there we go, sorted. Oh and change the brushed aluminium centre tray to piano black - already in hand.

And 20" winter wheels and tyres already on order, well what do you expect - it still might snow in April, lol...
31.gif
Lovely @45bvtc and a nice addition to the car family. As you said, once the other half says yes, your all in :thumbs up:
More pics when ready please.

• Love
Reactions: 45bvtc, Sandra and Reggieboy71
Welcome to the club!
For a 2 ton vehicle it certainly does shift and it makes me giggle everytime lol
Sounds nice too.....even if it's fake

More pictures and spec when you can please!

Reactions: gratifi.me, Sandra and 45bvtc
Spotted the SQ5 on Sunday last and bought it on the Tuesday , just too good not too:

SQ5 4 SQ5 5

Reactions: Tolly-SQ5, Kelza, gratifi.me and 8 others
Simply lovely :thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

• Love
Reactions: 45bvtc
Exactly the same colour combo as my mates!
Good call on the trim change as his was marked when he bought it and the new one is just the same now

Going to get the new trim painted piano-black and maybe the existing one, complete with a few dents, cove black leather covered; then decide which we prefer.

Simply lovely :thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

I see your still using that GREAT phrase, Jcbmally; "Started with nothing & still have most of it left."

Just brilliant, way to go...

Reactions: Jcbmally and Sandra
Going to get the new trim painted piano-black and maybe the existing one, complete with a few dents, cove black leather covered; then decide which we prefer.
We have the carbon atlas trim, still looks mint almost 4 years on

Collect the SQ5 on the 1st April; 3rd service and health check already booked at Stafford Audi on the 4th - even the panoroof gets serviced! Two new Dunlop Max xx tyres to match the new rears (19k from new), and there we go, sorted. Oh and change the brushed aluminium centre tray to piano black - already in hand.

31.gif

Awesome mate, I must admit I chuckled at the “I like it comment”.

It does look lovely, and remains one of my aspirational cars after driving (diesel) previous gen at Audi day. May have to swap out the 2.0TFSI in a year or three.

Very pleased to hear winter wheels and tyres on order. Where did you order from?

Look forward to more pics

• Love
Reactions: 45bvtc and Jcbmally
Where da video go? Requested a video of the car on the Monday and having reviewed that thought it best to go and see the beastie in the metal; here's the video, enjoy:

Must say, better than any Q5/SQ5 we'd viewed at an Audi garage...

Reactions: gratifi.me, Bristle Hound, RossN14 and 6 others

It does look lovely, and remains one of my aspirational cars after driving (diesel) previous gen at Audi day. May have to swap out the 2.0TFSI in a year or three.

Very pleased to hear winter wheels and tyres on order. Where did you order from?

Look forward to more pics

It's the torque characteristics of this twin turbo V6 TDi SQ5 that's the killer, q5man; 650Nm @ 1450 rpm; having driven 5-variants this year for sure this is the 2016 year model is the one to have; and Euro 6 plus without updates; love it...

SQ5 6

Last edited:
Reactions: blackwood, Jcbmally, Paul-RS6 and 1 other person
Where da video go? Requested a video of the car on the Monday and having reviewed that thought it best to go and see the beastie in the metal; here's the video, enjoy:

Must say, better than any Q5/SQ5 we'd viewed at an Audi garage...

Wow, what a cracking example, mint condition she is in.

Reactions: Jcbmally and 45bvtc
It's the torque characteristics of this twin turbo V6 TDi SQ5 that's the killer, q5man; 650Nm @ 1450 rpm; having driven 5-variants this year for sure this is the 2016 year model is the one to have; and Euro 6 plus without updates; love it...

View attachment 178399

That is what I drove a few years back, and at the time thought “wow” as did Mrs Q5man. Such a wonderful engine. There are rumours the twin diesel is coming back to the SQ and other S as you have probably read. What is the mileage?

That is what I drove a few years back, and at the time thought “wow” as did Mrs Q5man. Such a wonderful engine. There are rumours the twin diesel is coming back to the SQ and other S as you have probably read. What is the mileage?

I/we've driven a fair few Q5/SQ5s and it's always the V6 TDi that impresses us both :friends:

Mileage is 19K miles, lol...

IMG 6051

Difficult to believe, I know, I had to go and take a look myself... :yes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Kelza, Bristle Hound, RossN14 and 5 others

Winter sq5

31.gif

From Super Wheels and Tyres, Isleworth, London; listed as:

GENUINE AUDI Q5 SQ5 S LINE 20" WHEELS

Audi Q5 SQ5 Sline Winter Set, Mint Condition From Ex Demo Car

Rims Details:
Manufactures Part Number: 8R0 601 025 CJ
Rim Size: 8,5J X 20 ET 33

Tyre: Dunlop Sp Winter Sport 3d 7mm Tread

Reactions: Kelza, Bristle Hound, V6_Man and 2 others
View attachment 178405
31.gif

From Super Wheels and Tyres, Isleworth, London; listed as:

GENUINE AUDI Q5 SQ5 S LINE 20" WHEELS

Audi Q5 SQ5 Sline Winter Set, Mint Condition From Ex Demo Car

Rims Details:
Manufactures Part Number: 8R0 601 025 CJ
Rim Size: 8,5J X 20 ET 33

Tyre: Dunlop Sp Winter Sport 3d 7mm Tread

That is what I drove a few years back, and at the time thought “wow” as did Mrs Q5man. Such a wonderful engine.

Should you ever want to evaluate back-to-back let me know... :racer:

Nine more days...
9.gif
Crazy how a pair of 70-year olds can still get about cars... :friends:

Last edited:
Reactions: Jcbmally and NevMan
Those wheels look great. I'm after a set of winters for my car at some point...

Those wheels look great. I'm after a set of winters for my car at some point...

Thanks... Here's my RS3 19-inch 8J winter wheels (original Audi) and Vredestein Wintrac Xtream tyres that I'm sure I'll be selling later this year - let me know if interested - and no rush...

Going to be selling garage loads this year and ALL OEM Audi rims: RS3 (summer and winter), TT (summer and winter) and A1 wheels (winter) and tyres too.

The times thay are a changing as Bob sang many times...

As fitted on BLUEY and they work:

BLUEY and SUZY Winter tyres RS3 SNOW BLUEY 749

Reactions: Kelza, Bristle Hound, Sandra and 3 others

It's true, it looked good from first sight, (as did 45bvtc 50-odd years ago) so didn't take long to decide, but I think he had already made his mind up.

:friends: :racer: :yes:

• Love
Reactions: 45bvtc, Sandra, Jcbmally and 2 others
I see your still using that GREAT phrase, Jcbmally; "Started with nothing & still have most of it left."

Seasick - Steve I believe ( unless he pinched it from someone else.. )

Reactions: 45bvtc, Sandra and Jcbmally
Lovely John, I’m sure I’ll see it soon. 1st dibs when you come to part with it. Love Sepang.

Reactions: Sandra and 45bvtc
It's true, it looked good from first sight, (as did 45bvtc 50-odd years ago) so didn't take long to decide, but I think he had already made his mind up.

:friends: :racer: :yes:

Love it, and that’s what it is all about.

I’ll bet he did

A fantastic example you two have nabbed there

Reactions: Sandra and 45bvtc
Thanks... Here's my RS3 19-inch 8J winter wheels (original Audi) and Vredestein Wintrac Xtream tyres that I'm sure I'll be selling later this year - let me know if interested - and no rush...

Unfortunately, my RS3 has a Q in it so they won't fit. I already have a set of winters that will fit an A3 so I wouldn't need those anyway! ;)

Reactions: 45bvtc and NevMan
Seasick - Steve I believe ( unless he pinched it from someone else.. )

Every day is a school day gents. I honestly didn't know that was an album, I just coined the phrase one day in a conversation with my brother.
But as my name is Steve I'll take it anyway :thumbs up:

Reactions: 45bvtc, NevMan and Sandra
Should you ever want to evaluate back-to-back let me know... :racer:

Nine more days...
9.gif
Crazy how a pair of 70-year olds can still get about cars... :friends:
It's just a number mate, more to life as you already know. The SQ5 is awesome but between you and the co-pilot, how will you decided who drives it; rock, paper, scissors ??? or you'll just do as your told :respekt: , its what my wife says anyway :whip:.

Reactions: 45bvtc, NevMan and Sandra
It's just a number mate, more to life as you already know. The SQ5 is awesome but between you and the co-pilot, how will you decided who drives it; rock, paper, scissors ??? or you'll just do as your told :respekt: , its what my wife says anyway :whip:.

I'll be doin' as I'm told, JcBmally, as Sandra well knows... :friends:

However, the GOOD news, JcBmally, and I do mean the GOOD news, is that that remaining "7-days and counting" has today been REDUCED to 20-hours and 45-minutes, like from now!!! :yahoo:

SQ5 rear

:racer:

Last edited:
Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan, simonali and 1 other person

However, the GOOD news, JcBmally, and I do mean the GOOD news, is that that remaining "7-days and counting" has today been REDUCED to 20-hours and 45-minutes, like from now!!! :yahoo:

Nice one John. Really pleased for you and Judith. You keep continuing to do as your told John, lol. :) x

• Love
Reactions: 45bvtc, Jcbmally and NevMan
Very nice car and in the best colour :)

Me thinks you may be a tad biased...
30.gif

PS: this one supplied by Perth Audi and serviced by Dundee Audi - what, you may well ask, is it doin' down here :readit:

And me with a half parentage from Kilwinning, Scotland; and yes, I am MK0 :whistle2:

Now at 18.30 minutes, ish... :scared2:

Last edited:
Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan, SteveMcB and 1 other person
Me thinks you may be a tad biased...
30.gif

PS: this one supplied by Perth Audi and serviced by Dundee Audi - what, you may well ask, is it doin' down here :readit:

And me with a half parentage from Kilwinning, Scotland; and yes, I am MK0 :whistle2:

Now at 18.30 minutes, ish... :scared2:

LOL, got me, but just because I'm biased doesn't mean it's not true :)

Coincidentally got mine from Perth as well

Reactions: Jcbmally, 45bvtc and NevMan

Oh nice one

Reactions: Jcbmally and 45bvtc
GOBSMAKINGLY out-******-rageous...

Upload 2019 3 26 17 1 4

Just how on earth can an SQ5 do 43mpg plus down the A38 and then tank-it cross country and still show forty ****** three mpg - and sound like a V6 does...

AND, you can see OVER hedgerows and canal bridges!

Never been able to do THAT in an RS3 or TT ragtop before...

Last edited:
Reactions: Kelza, gratifi.me, Bristle Hound and 8 others
GOBSMAKINGLY out-******-rageous...
Just how on earth can an SQ5 do 43mpg plus down the A38 and then tank-it cross country and still show forty ****** three mpg - and sound like a V6 does...

AND, you can see OVER hedgerows and canal bridges!

Never been able to do THAT before...
Fantastic John, so happy for you both :) x

• Love
Reactions: 45bvtc and Jcbmally