Armrest

RGBARGEE

Reaction score
Does anyone know the cheapest way to get an OEM front armrest for our new A1 BE.. Don't want to spend much more than £100-£150..

Cheers

Rg

Did you try parts request system?

Thanks Sandra , I didn't know that system existed... too excited about RS3!! Cheers RG
It's been running over 6 months now. When is the car arriving for your collection? Is it tomorrow?:) x

It's been running over 6 months now. When is the car arriving for your collection? Is it tomorrow?:) x

I have it already.. see pics on the RS3 thread. Brought her home on trade plates at 10am. The suspense is killing me!

Does anyone know the cheapest way to get an OEM front armrest for our new A1 BE.. Don't want to spend much more than £100-£150..

Did you get a price for the armrest, RGBARGEE? And if so how much, ish...

We're in the process of purchasing a Black Edition A1 and that'll be in need of an armrest.

I didn't bother in the end. Prices were silly £250+ for genuine one.

Reactions: 45bvtc
It is also quite narrow and not 100% sure it was worth it. Great little car, nearly as much fun as RS3, which version are you getting.

1.4 TFSI Black Edition 185bhp with a huge list of extras to replace our A2; both the RS3 and TT are keepers and will be stayin' for some time yet... :whistle2:

Ah this must be one of the early ones. The armrest style changes I believe. Mine is a 1.4 150 COD BE and really goes well.

Ah this must be one of the early ones. The armrest style changes I believe. Mine is a 1.4 150 COD BE and really goes well.

A 2013 car, RGBARGEE; with the CTH engine; and the only one I could find with DSG, Sat Nav, and heated seats. Haven't been closer than 110-miles to it yet i.e., my computer seat; didn't even look until Monday morning, and on the Audi website was this one with all the bells and whistles we were after so did a telephone negotiation for cash and paid the deposit there and then - less than 20-minutes I'd say; certainly faster than the 4-days it took us to find and purchase the RS3. Too old now to waste time perusing, I'd much rather get on with it and sort it when I get it... :superman:

For sure it'll make an excellent companion to our TT and RS3...

Haven't laid my eyes and or finger on the car yet but I've just (stuff it, no pockets in shrouds) purchased a retro fit kit from Germany; if I don't like it you'll be seeing it here in the 'for sale' area quite soon: seeing, touching, paying, and collecting SUZYTWO next Thursday...

A1 1
Anyone else ever bought a car without actually seeing it? It's what having a dose of the big 'C' does to you... :superman:

Reactions: daydotz
I bought my 185 BE without seeing it. Risky, however the first drive home is so much better for not having driven it before!

Haven't laid my eyes and or finger on the car yet but I've just (stuff it, no pockets in shrouds) purchased a retro fit kit from Germany; if I don't like it you'll be seeing it here in the 'for sale' area quite soon: seeing, touching, paying, and collecting SUZYTWO next Thursday...

View attachment 93153
Anyone else ever bought a car without actually seeing it? It's what having a dose of the big 'C' does to you... :superman:
Did you get a arm rest fella ?

Did you get a arm rest fella ?

Yes I did; £274 from Germany and 100% Audi. OK, a lot of cash for an armrest but there you are; SUZYTWO is looking like a keeper so best get ALL the bits I want now...

Like you I started with nothing but have made some along the way and am now determined to leave with just the minimal amount left behind... :superman:

P1030466z

Last edited:
Reactions: Jcbmally
Like you I started with nothing but have made some along the way and am now determined to leave with just the minimal amount left behind... :superman:
Haha, perfect philosophy. :salute:
Gonna get one ordered up, thanks mate. was it easy to fit ?

Haha, perfect philosophy. :salute:
Gonna get one ordered up, thanks mate. was it easy to fit ?

Not done yet but I do have a chapter and verse set of instructions from Audi; PM me if you'd like a scanned copy

Have to say mega happy with this 185bhp A1; easy to drive 'quickly but legally' and impressive MPG returns; comfortable too, though I've put SuzyTwo onto 40-profile tyres and wow does that make a difference: liking it already... :yahoo:

Before you buy an armrest do check out an A1 with one fitted. My wife spec' this when we bought her A1 new and I have to say it's one of the most useless redundant pieces fitted and 99% of the time it's folded up at the back of the seat. Why? Because whoever designed it was an idiot, when it's down, it's really quite difficult to use the handbrake, which is a nuisance around town. We only use it when on motorways which isn't very often.

So before shelling out your hard earned, just check out an A1 with one fitted and you'll see what I mean. Your choice clearly after that.

Hi

Good point about trying out the armrest first. I find it works ok on my A1, but it's an auto, so I don't always use the handbrake - naughty I know. Fitting was really simple as long as you take your time. I didn't remove the centre consol to fit the metal base bracket as with a bit of fiddling I managed to get this in place. The bolt holes for the bracket were all place in my car, but the biggest worry was dropping a bolt that secures this to the floor pan as there is no way recover it. A piece of tape to secure the bolt to the screwdriver worked for me.

Also, make sure you fit the armrest on a warm day so the plastic centre consol is less likely to break.

Good luck

Indeed the wife's A1 is S-Tronic as well, around town we have a couple of slopes we have to stop on (traffic lights), and we are both adverse to holding the car on the brake in all honesty - hence use the handbrake around town. Mind you I do wish that Audi did the electronic brake such that when stop/start cuts in, if you apply the electronic brake, the engine remains "off" when you take your foot off the foot brake until you press it to start again.

Have you tried Gumtree? Some bargains to be had on there if you are lucky.

Hugely impressed with this 185BHP A1; its 7-speed DSG in manual-mode is just brilliant, as it also is in 'D.' And the armrest, for me, superb: RS3copilot tips it up and out of the way, mind; so it does suit us both...

P1000062x

MAKE SURE if buying the armrest from 'whoever' that you get all the bits to include support bracket and fastenings and clips and covers and seal otherwise you'll be a cursing...

Oh, and yes the handbrake access is a ****** but so is the seat belt anchor; but its still worth the effort for me... :yahoo:

Reactions: Jcbmally