Armrest... What the Jeff is this????

sloth_sloman

Reaction score
Does anyone know what this is in my armrest and is it removable? Seems to take up alot of the space

Attachments

• IMG_7885.JPG
    IMG_7885.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 7,479
Does anyone know what this is in my armrest and is it removable? Seems to take up alot of the space

This is a phone cradle for connecting a specific mobile device. Annoying but I guess it should be removable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes as Saeed says - this is the base connector for a phone cradle. When I bought my car it had a cradle attached for what I think was a Nokia 6xxx series phone attached to it.

I'd be a bit wary of trying to remove it through - I ejected the cradle to free up some space (so mine looks like yours does now with just the base plate) but if I scan my car for errors it does flag it as not having a cradle attached.

I've no idea what would happen if you then tried to further remove the baseplate from the system - possibly cause a even greater issue.

Yes as Saeed says - this is the base connector for a phone cradle. When I bought my car it had a cradle attached for what I think was a Nokia 6xxx series phone attached to it.

I'd be a bit wary of trying to remove it through - I ejected the cradle to free up some space (so mine looks like yours does now with just the base plate) but if I scan my car for errors it does flag it as not having a cradle attached.

I've no idea what would happen if you then tried to further remove the baseplate from the system - possibly cause a even greater issue.

ok mate thanks, think i'll leave it then

Reactions: Saeed J Ghnaim and LukeyC
You could always buy one of these to hide the phone cradle and it also offers some storage space. I have one myself and they are very useful.

Amazon product

Reactions: RS5 JON
I got hold of a wireless charging holder for that. just put my phone on it now and off it goes.

Reactions: Point_Audi