Armrest Repair

Dilligaf-UK

Chugging along
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Would anyone know if a repair kit is available (or the separate parts) to repair/replace Catch on my armrest? Everytime I lift it to a near vertical position, the lid flops back and cracks whoever is sitting in the rear across the knees - not ideal, but does make me laugh!

Thanks

Posed the very same question to the local stealer myself!
and the answer is................No.
I'm afraid you have to buy a complete new lid.
From memory it was £43 inc vat for a soul black cloth unit.

Everytime i move mine upright a load of toffee wrappers and diesel receipts fall into the rear footwell!

Would anyone know if a repair kit is available (or the separate parts) to repair/replace Catch on my armrest? Everytime I lift it to a near vertical position, the lid flops back and cracks whoever is sitting in the rear across the knees - not ideal, but does make me laugh!

Thanks

I have a brand new cloth lid which i never used as i bought the leather option when buying my armrest.

Mine is the Leather lid - could the mechanism be transferred from a cloth one to the Leather one? If so, definately interested in your spare Mr CMD Sir!!

Audi is the best place, new lid on mine was a bout £50. job done and 2 years warrenty.

Uh 1 sec, let me see if I read this right, it is late if I didnt :p, the lid fulls back towards the rear seat, thats not the front catch thats the issue, would suggest its the hinge the issue to me, you sure its positioned properly?

I cant recall totally from my S4 but swear was same as the 8P with hinge design, stops vertically so shouldnt drop back.

I was referring to Dilli mate which is why I quoted his post.

@NHN

The catch is busted (well, more missing completely than just busted!) - when you lift the armrest up to a vertical position, the "base" of the armrest sits quite happily in a vertical position, but the leather lid flops back and only stops when it makes contact with the rear seat cushion!

Ahhh I get you now, the base vertical which obviously would make the lid sit on rear, tbh I never lift the poxy thing all way up anymore anyway, what ****** me of is audi keep changing there mind how the mechanism works, whether via catch depress or all way back to set forward at a position suitable, arrgghh

Ive tried the magnetic strip today and it works but its only JUST barely strong enough to keep the lid closed on upright position. A temporary fix I would say.

have you got a pic of your fix please, i purchased the magnetic strips but the look a little on the thick side

will endeavour to get one later for you mate. Its thick and it isn't THAT magnetic but it just about works! Temporary fix for the mo.

Got the part number now for the leather lid, abotu £60 from Audi.