Armrest lid

FredrikA3

Reaction score
Website
lightnings.dk
Hi Lads,

My apologies for any grammatical errors, I am danish ;)

So, I am one of the lucky persons where the plastic for the lid opener broke and I did see a metal clip right after but I somehow lost it!

Anyways, I am going to replace the lid with something new and as I already do have some S-Line leather I would love to hear if anyone would know part number for the same black leather with silver stitching?

A few pictures from my car!
http://lightnings.dk/images/sline01.jpg
http://lightnings.dk/images/usconsole01.jpg
As you can see, I have replaced the console to be a US type, thanks to you guys for all of the information :uk:

Thanks again.

searched for you but it seems that is an Audi Exclusive part which is made to order. there are no part numbers which show the armrest with white stitching.
I had an eBay armrest cover on mine which looked perfect once fitted and matched the S3 handbrake cover:

B5A2AC6E-1C15-4829-AAAD-8BB141ECB820.jpg

Ash, out of interest is it hard to fit an arm rest into my car? I would love one as ive seen em on ebay but im ***** with DIY!

Thanks Ash187 and Bazzle, much appreciated.

I had also looked at those covers and thinking about adding them to both the center-armrest and door-armrests. However, now that the center armrest lock mechanism broke, I was hoping to find the part number for the lid including the leather and silver stitching.

I however think that you are right with no part numbers existing, however it is strange that it do exist for the handbrake and gear-knob leather.

Thanks again :)

Ash, out of interest is it hard to fit an arm rest into my car? I would love one as ive seen em on ebay but im ***** with DIY!

It is possible to retrofit, but as the center console needs a whole for he armrest to go down in and be mounted, it will require either replacement of your center console or (easier and cheaper) to drill a square hole for the armrest. However, pretty easy retrofit.

Yes as fredrick says you need to cut a hole into the lower centre console and then bolt the armrest in. I can do it for you if you wanted? Pm me!

Are those ebay covers a pretty decent fit? I was wondering if it was worth purchasing a cloth armrest, as they are generally cheaper and adding the cover over that if the fit is good.

i have bought exclusive leather center armrest, so mine will be for sale, pm me if interested...

I just found and ordered this kit to repair the lock mechanism for the armrest lid :)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171673599267

There is also a guide of how to replace it, if you scroll down the article.

Did you ever use this and did it work or has anyone else used this?
I only ask as I'm looking to retrofit an armrest and don't fancy paying a few hundred for a new one so we're going to buy a 2nd hand one and then fix it.

Did you ever use this and did it work or has anyone else used this?
I only ask as I'm looking to retrofit an armrest and don't fancy paying a few hundred for a new one so we're going to buy a 2nd hand one and then fix it.
Shame the seller doesn't post to the UK...