Armrest fitting

doublem_1

Reaction score
Is there any type of guide floating about on fitting one of these? I managed to finally find one at my local scrap yard bar a broken lid! Which I hope to find a replacement. I could definately do with a how to. I had a search on here but everything that came up was to do with the 8P section.

no thats not correct i think just above the ashtray there is a indent with a rubber mat in dremal that out.
i have one to fit as well but havent found the time to do it yet.

There was a diagram kicking about on here to show you what needs doing.

Iirc you have to unscrew the centre console that runs between the seats over the handbrake and up to the front console and lift it up and away slightly so that you can get the bracket in underneath infront of the rear ash tray if that makes sense and bolt the bracket to the body of the car, like S3 baby said, there is a little pocket behind the handbrake that should have a rubber mat in, you have to cut around the edge of that so that you can drop the armrest into position and attach to the bracket underneath...

i done mine last month.
Take the centre console out the car. you need to trim the whole of the cubby hole out of the rear of the console. even then its a tight fit.
bolt the braket onto the handbrake lever support and then fit console once you have finished trimming it so the correct size. lots of checking and adjusting is needed to get it to fit right. then bolt the armrest to the braket

Is the centre console a simple job to remove? I can see two bolts either side underneath some plastic caps.