Armaspeed HypaFlow intake

Ian Whiffen

Reaction score
Just seen this on ABT site. They are going into partnership with Armaspeed to sell these in the UK. The pics are from the S3 and TT engines. Here's hoping they fit on the S1 as they look amazing, all Carbon fibre.
S3
S3
S3 pic
S3 engine
Products20151116173753
Products20151116171648

Yeah that's what I thought lol. Plus it's made in Taiwan so how good is build quality going to be. Looks good tho.

You'd be surprised there are some decent quality coming out of **** these days, Taiwan in particular is producing some very high quality motorsport related products. I doubt you'd have much change from £1k with this though that amount of formed carbon is going to be very expensive haha!

Reactions: Ian Whiffen
Taiwan is the carbon capital of the world a guy I know buys his carbon frames for his bikes which are very high spec from Taiwan.
The quality is very high I wouldn't of thought it would cost a thousand.
I use to have motorbikes and got addicted to buying carbon it's actually not to expensive.
To be honest I wouldn't bother 1 bhp or so and your never going to see it apart from fluid top ups.

Taiwan is the carbon capital of the world a guy I know buys his carbon frames for his bikes which are very high spec from Taiwan.
The quality is very high I wouldn't of thought it would cost a thousand.
I use to have motorbikes and got addicted to buying carbon it's actually not to expensive.
To be honest I wouldn't bother 1 bhp or so and your never going to see it apart from fluid top ups.
Nah see I will get me one of them perspex bonnets lol. . To be honest I can't see it being any better than a Pipercross filter with the large S1 airbox. I'm saving my cash for the Wagner intercooler next.

That I would like to see lol.

Did you take the corrugated plastic out of the airbox that makes loads of difference.

Did you take the corrugated plastic out of the airbox that makes loads of difference.
Yeah I did thanks, couldn't work out why that was in there really. As for the don't crash, I have a video on my gopro of an idiot in an Audi a4 diesel who, after getting the **** because I overtook him, decided to undertake me and swerve in front of me. Had to slam the anchors on, he missed hitting the front of my car by milimetres. Scary was an understatement.

Catch stones!!!
I see to be getting a few prats wanting to race I had a focus st up my **** the other day.
I showed restraint and just let him past he went past and give me the v"s. If I could be bothered I would have taken his registration as I'm a cop but I can't be bothered.
Trust me the roads are full of knobs!

Reactions: owen87 and Ian Whiffen
Why would anyone bother fitting a cone filter in this day and age is beyond me ! Give me a proper factory airbox and paper filter any day, better filtration for much, much less !

Reactions: Huwbert and Ian Whiffen
Why would anyone bother fitting a cone filter in this day and age is beyond me ! Give me a proper factory airbox and paper filter any day, better filtration for much, much less !
See I have the Pipercross filter in the original airbox with an uprated turbo inlet pipe. I would like to have something better from the front grill to the airbox as the rubber bit that Audi have fitted is really flimsy.

There is no real pressure or vacuum in there hence no need for hard pipes... It does make good pub talk though !

There is no real pressure or vacuum in there hence no need for hard pipes... It does make good pub talk though !

Yeah I agree. The current S1 airbox is bigger than previous Golf GTI, then it can handle till stage 2 (turbo needs). If you need to go further then a different setup is needed (direct intake, something like this). As i heard S1 redo Stage 2 will come with no need to upgrade the air intake...

Different thing is the Intercooler that is way to undersized and underperforming give the big engine and the small space....

Yeah I agree. The current S1 airbox is bigger than previous Golf GTI, then it can handle till stage 2 (turbo needs). If you need to go further then a different setup is needed (direct intake, something like this). As i heard S1 redo Stage 2 will come with no need to upgrade the air intake...

Different thing is the Intercooler that is way to undersized and underperforming give the big engine and the small space....
Yeah that is my next upgrade a Wagner intercooler

I'm only running a stage 1 atm but having the bigger cooler would even help on a standard car as keeping the core temperature down is always good for the turbo

I'm only running a stage 1 atm but having the bigger cooler would even help on a standard car as keeping the core temperature down is always good for the turbo
I would like upgrade, no idea which brand I would go for. More research needed, when I have save up a lot more.
Is there much difference between the upgraded intercoolers, that are currently available?

Chris

I would like upgrade, no idea which brand I would go for. More research needed, when I have save up a lot more.
Is there much difference between the upgraded intercoolers, that are currently available?

Chris
I'm holding out for the Wagner intercooler, they have it advertised on their site, it should be released fairly soon. Forge do one as well but I think the German engineering and build quality will be worth the wait. Plus its the same price as Forge .

Reactions: ChrisG.
Forge is over priced and don't seem to be rated as highly now that's why I went Airtec they are higher rated on the performance market now than forge and cheaper

dont think you can go far wrong with forge , ok may not be top performer but they been producing top quality stuff for as long as i remember