Arm rest S3

thompa25

Reaction score
I used to put my phone in the arm rest and then clip down the arm rest over the wire. After a while the clip on the top of the armrest (the bit that keeps it closed) has snapped off. So now the armrest opens everytime i lift the thing up, and everything falls out. Is there anyway of getting hold of just the leather top section and repairing this, or is a whole new arm rest job?
Cheers

New lid needed, cant buy clip separately.

So you can get the lid separately? Thought i was going to need a whole new arm rest

So you can get the lid separately? Thought i was going to need a whole new arm rest

I have the same problem mate, you just need a new lid but a leather one from audi will cost £78. I haven't found one second hand or cheaper yet so if you have any luck please let me know.

I have the same problem mate, you just need a new lid but a leather one from audi will cost £78. I haven't found one second hand or cheaper yet so if you have any luck please let me know.

Will do mate, to be honest ill probably pay that from audi, unless I see one soon on ebay for cheaper.

Used a bit of velcro tape on mine, been fine for over a year now.

Trick is to use the right amount of velcro, too much and it's difficult to open, too little and it doesn't stay shut when lifted up.

I'd like to find the fool that designed that arm-rest release and kick him in the balls.

Reactions: Boydie
If any of you do decide to replace it, I would be interested in buying the lid with the broken clips off of you.

I'd like to find the fool that designed that arm-rest release and kick him in the balls.

The designs not bad, it's the fact that it was made out of flimsy plastic rather than metal... Yep, mine broke too.