Arm Rest Questions

Chrismawa

Reaction score
I've got an arm rest and bracket to go in my B7. It's not come with the 3 nuts. Anyone know what size they are?

Also is there a template anywhere so I can cut the centre console in the right place.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

I'm allways amazed at the amount of B7's that have a good overall spec but don't have an arm rest, the mind boggles.

Reactions: AvantMike and Chrismawa
I'm allways amazed at the amount of B7's that have a good overall spec but don't have an arm rest, the mind boggles.
Yeah me too. Mine wasn't speced with leather so not surprised it doesn't have an armrest. Although glad they picked power folding mirrors

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Naturally my arm always lands on the arm rest so i could never be without it plus it looks a million times better on the interior but the b7 one for some reason hinders the handbrake you have to be double jointed to pull the handbrake up with the armrest down, and holding the handbrake and building boost for a quick start is almost impossible.

Still wouldn’t be without it but its not an amazing design.

Reactions: Chrismawa
Naturally my arm always lands on the arm rest so i could never be without it plus it looks a million times better on the interior but the b7 one for some reason hinders the handbrake you have to be double jointed to pull the handbrake up with the armrest down, and holding the handbrake and building boost for a quick start is almost impossible.

Still wouldn’t be without it but its not an amazing design.
The amount of times I've put my arm down to lean on it and it's not there !! Haha

Reactions: Ricky Burrows
The amount of times I've put my arm down to lean on it and it's not there !! Haha

Lol i can imagine, i often do it when i drive customers cars and half the time i fall into the passenger seat.

Reactions: Chrismawa, Charlie Farley and Pie-eyedpiper
Its in! That was a bit nerve racking to not make the hole too big! Question though... It's bolted down securely but looks like there's a gap between my console and the armrest. Is it supposed to be like this?
9bed0e47f6a8c5077e495b12d6d75873.jpg
b2694ed5ac6af244568322c5ff4fc960.jpg
06e80b931def3f212e271a92bb56d854.jpg

Not sure what's going on. Pretty sure it's a genuine one as well as you can see the info sticker on the metal arm...

Yeah probably could do. It's not the end of the world just slightly annoying for me ocd

But the end result is great
ade546e5a46580e5fe8b94b60b5eb9a4.jpg

Reactions: Ricky Burrows and Pie-eyedpiper
Is it possible to remove the inner carpet lining of the arm rest? Looking to try get inside it to remove some of the creaking.

@HOGG if I remember correctly did put an armrest in his b7 hopefully he's still floating around on the forum and can give you some advice.
I'm still here, late to the party I see lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ricky Burrows and Chrismawa
I'm still here, late to the party I see lol

How does yours sit mate? Mine doesn't sit flush there is a gap between the bottom of the arm rest and the console.

Mine never sat flush either. I think maybe the centre console might be different for the armrest spec

Reactions: Chrismawa
Mine never sat flush either. I think maybe the centre console might be different for the armrest spec

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Nevermind it's hardly noticeable.

Reactions: HOGG