Ariel Atom V8

alijames

Reaction score
I don't care if my golf clubs won't fit, I WANT one!!!

Cheers,

yeah very nice but wish they would make that Jag!!!! Stunningly gorgeous!

Indeed, but with a pair of gas turbines whining in the back, it would sound like having a couple of kids back there!!!

Cheers,

Ha! Also nice to see they kept with tradition, and placed a well-endowed woman just behind Jezza for the news...

Cheers,

didnt rover or someone fit a rover p6 with a gas turbine engine in the 70's?

I'm in the same position, I'm sure they'll fit on the passenger seat though haha

Have to meet up for a game sometime. I'm down on a golf tour around Swansea in mid-April... Perfect way to spend my 40th birthday!!!

Cheers,

i drove an atom about 4 years ago. the type-r engined one. i did an engine swap on it at work. a conrod (think it was no.2 or 3.) had welded itself to the crank thru oil starvation for some reason. car only had about 900 miles on it at the time. fitted a second hand engine from a type r civic.
i did about 10 miles on road test after fitting the engine..... was really scary fast when the v-tec kicked in. harsh thing to drive too as i remember.

I have seen and heard the V8 Atom in the flesh on my freinds Dyno last October during its development, it was a very "under wraps" project at the time and was mostly Dyno'd after 10pm! till the early hours of the morning. Ariel (Tom Siebert) were with the car along with John Hartley (Engine designer and manufacturer). This is a very special car with a pnemaitic 6 speed gearbox, it flew through the gears on the dyno and sounded spectacular! Wayne Scofield from Chipwizards in Milnrow mapped the V8 Atom and he has also recently done the Special "Mugen" edition. I believe more work is to be done on the V8 Atom with more CC's...

Have to meet up for a game sometime. I'm down on a golf tour around Swansea in mid-April... Perfect way to spend my 40th birthday!!!

Cheers,

I'm a member at The Celtic Manor, now there's a great reason for a trip right there

Awesome! Name the day, and I'll be there!! What handicap are you? I'm off 7 and also due to be Captain at Chipping Norton GC next year.

Cheers,

Used to be 5 but since The Manor gone up to 8. Sort of lost interest the last couple of years though and haven't practiced/focused so I'm taking a year out to practice hard

Good plan! My game went to pieces when playing <10 rounds a year while married. Since becoming single again a couple of years ago, I'm starting to get the form back, and aiming to be 5 by the end of 2011.

Cheers,

I had the same problem, not quite marriage stage but she got in the way, my mates have well passed me now playing off 2, 1 and a +1 so I need to catch up

Yeh tell me about it. One of my gang is now scratch, and the other is assistant pro at Chippy... Hopefully will get to play a few matches for the scratch team this season.

Cheers,

Ashburnham, Gower then Machynys Peninsula all over the Easter Weekend. 20+ of us off down there, and out in Swansea in the evenings...:eyebrows: Makes me glad I don't drink!!

Cheers,

Ashburnham, Gower then Machynys Peninsula all over the Easter Weekend. 20+ of us off down there, and out in Swansea in the evenings...:eyebrows: Makes me glad I don't drink!!

Cheers,

Ashburnham is tough, Gower I haven't played and Machynys Peninsula is tough. Two great courses there though, hope you have the weather for it

Fingers crossed for the weather. We were based around Bristol for last year's tour and played Rolls of Monmouth (mostly really great holes, and was in suberb condition), the Players (Tough but a great course to play) and the Kendleshire, which was in poor condition and not really bothered about playing there again. The other two, I will definitely visit again.

Cheers,

Rolls is always in great condition because it isn't played on a lot believe it or not, I'm with you though, 14 and 15 let the course down for me. The Players, not really a fan, it's far to long and some stupid holes on there. Surprised you don't like Kendleshire though, one of my favourites around the Bristol area

I think it was probably the poor presentation of the Kendleshire which put me off to be honest. Yeah, a couple a slightly silly holes at the Players, but made more tricky from the back tees. I've even been daft enough to put myself down for the Trilby Tour this year. Not sure which venue I'll play yet, but the dates and courses are announced in a couple of weeks time...

Cheers,

Best of luck with that!

Hope you have a good golf season and hit your goal

James

You too. If you are ever going to be in the Oxford/Banbury area and fancy a game, let me know!

Cheers,

You two mind just getting a room? Heard etap have rooms for £20.:ninja:

150k is a lot of monies for a weekend toy.

Last edited:
nice car (if you can call it that) and would love one but tbh, as already mentioned i could find other toys and have several pennies to spare after

Got a pic with it at top gear! Looks fun to drive!

Cheers,

Gower is a lovely course, played it year's ago whilst on a lad's holiday. You should really enjoy it :eek:)

Its silly money for a toy, I think i'd rather have a Caterham and save my pennies :)
Or hire the atom for the day, think it was about £200 a day last time I checked!