Arial Atom

Crisis

Reaction score
Speaks for itself:

Obviously the Mk 2 300.

autocar_arial_aerial.jpg

It's dread, supercar performance for family car money, no contest, super cool

Love 'em!

When I was shopping around for my A3 I went to see one at some chap's house which was pretty swanky. We wandered over to the garage to have a butcher's at the Audi and when the door opens up (it was electric) there's the A3 sat next to an Atom and a Murcielago! Needless to say my full attention wasn't on the Audi :) Apparently he'd had the Atom modified and it was actually turbocharged - the only one in the world, so he said.

Gutted he wouldn't take me out for a spin :(

Uncool. What's the point - a Caterham or Radical does it better, and you can specify a windscreen with them too!

Sorry but, just buy a fcuking bike!!!!!
Plus everyone thinks your a w@nker for buying a car that you get wet in???? Wots the point:wacko:

Uncool I think. A car needs to look like a car, and IMO this has the total opposite of what makes all the Avant model RS's cool.

Same reason I find single seater racing boring.

getting wet in australia isnt really an issue, however, getting fried alive in the midday sun is. (dammit 38degC forecast here on sunday)

The car isnt about practicality though is it?

cool - would love one of these....

Sorry but, just buy a fcuking bike!!!!!
Plus everyone thinks your a w@nker for buying a car that you get wet in???? Wots the point:wacko:

My thoughts exactly...
So it's a car you have to wear a helmet in.
When it rains, you get wet.
When it's cold, you get cold.
There are no wipers.
There is nowhere to put 'stuff'.
If you crash, you hurt yourself.

So for your (up to) £30k you get an impractical car that's almost a 4 wheeled bike.
How about cutting our a layer of pretend practicality and going straight to a sportsbike?
Atom 3.2s to 60, 150 MPH top end.
Bike, sub 3 to 60, 185+ top end...and a bigger buzz.

£30k vs sub £10k for a Fireblade/R1/GSXR1000. Hmm...let me think?

Or if a 'blade or similar is just too expensive, spend a little more (£15k) and get an 1198S.

That too common?
1198R WSB replica at £24k.

That's where my cash would be going...if I'm going to get wet and have something silly...let's make it really silly! I'd probably kill myself...but what a hell of a way to go!

Atom = utterly uncool.

I've been in one on a track and the pace is out of this world. I've been in some quick cars (race prepp'd 360, XKR, Palmer Jag, JP1, JP3, 206 WRC, C7) and nothing comes close to the experience.

I wouldn't say it's cool, but it's it's f'in rapid.