Are you over protective?

Grant respect . I like the bit when you said (MY ONE AND ONLY LOVE) Does Jenny know this.?

Last edited:
@S4Twiggy. I am like that with my other car, its the oldest Sierra on the road and was my wifes late fathers car, before I got it and had a 2.9 V6 cosworth lump fitted. I would hate for some uninsured asswipe to run into it, or any other dickhead for that matter.
And yes, I occasionally drive it like I have stole it.

i cant even park at work safely tbh yes im anal ill go the extra distince nab an extra space or park in mother and child spaces, anything to stop me having to see another car parked super tight beside mine, buggers!

Oh my god! You may as well shrink wrap it and put it in your garage for ever.

well, at least we admit we have a problem :) thats the first step to solving that problem...or at least for those of us who WANT to solve it:)

I don't have a problem i just have an absesion with my car that's why i can't bring myself to use it. My wife tell's people we have a car as a garden ornament. This is true and just like the sign "keep of the grass" i have one saying "keep away from the car owner will bite"

You're all missing the point with parent and child spaces.

Seriously, don't risk them.

I've a daughter and it's rare that I'll use those spaces because I've seen what mothers with kids are like. You might not mind ******* them off by parking there, but they certainly don't mind the trolley rolling into the car next to them, while they get the shopping and kids into the car.

Thats a bit sexist sayin about Women and all children should be taught from a young age to always respect cars i was ( we probably wouldnt get people then who didnt give a monkeys towards our cars)
I'm probably the most carefull person in a car park and yes ntyhing more annoying than getting back to your car with a dent.
But then we live in a society where not many give a f about anyones property anymore......

First, let me apologize in advance for the length and structure of my post, youll know what I mean as you read it. Also, let me say that in real life I'm actually harmless and I dont really seem as I may appear from this post, so long as nobody touches my car, unless I expressly permit them to do so.

I have the same problem(as some people called it). You guys have no idea how many times I was furious because somebody simply parked near me. This especially gets me WHITE-HOT when I made the effort to specifically park several places away from the furthest parked car in the lot.
th_e2ceadba.jpg

Most of the time its not a REALLY big deal if theyre one spot away from me. I've come to notice that entirely too many people in this area dont give a **** about other cars parked near them and even their own. This especially applies to children, women and elderly folk. They seem to unlatch the door lock then proceed to kick the door out from the inside like a wild stallion refusing to be tamed and allow the door to not only swing open SO FAST that I see smoke trails behind them like falling meteorites, but to smash into the car standing next to them with the force of large caliber armor piercing rounds at close range. I see and hear this happen all the time in parking lots, especially near grocery stores or places like wall-mart. And they act like nothing happened.
9d203ce7.jpg

In the 4 years Ive had my car, there has been only one person that managed to do something significant to it. There is a scrape with a slight indentation(just 2-3mm deep) on my car.
bf27d2d3.jpg

It's from a blonde girl in a red civic(which makes it impossible to trace since i didnt see the plate). It's not bad, the metal is still fine and its not rusting, its just a slight indentation and some thin white lines there. Other than one occurence, I've managed to keep my car scratch and dent free since the day I picked it up. Pretty much everyone I know has called me paranoid and obsessed, but when I show them the sides of my parents' cars and demand they tell me if I'm right on the subject or not, they all agree with me, then proceed to say "but its only a car". I am utterly obsessed with paint. I have spent entire 3 day weekends, from morning till sundown of all of friday, saturday and sunday cleaning and detailing the outside of my car to keep it as nice as I possibly can. Most people and places only take a few hours to clean it and wash it. They all end up using that "all in one" type of product. You know the ones, they claim to clean the car, seal the paint, fill in scratches, wax it for shine and was it for protection without you having to wipe or dry the car or apply any other product. Yea, right, they also cure aids, cancer and give handjobs as you drive. RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT! Anyway! I share your pain, guys, because I actually have a panic reaction if anyone near me or in my visual range sets something down on their or any other car. Those cars arent even mine and I just RUN and tell them to freeze and carefully pick up to object without sliding it even a 1/10th of a millimeter across the paint. If I actually catch them early enough, I scream at them to "SET IT ON THE GLASS!" repeatedly, if theres a sunroof on the car or just grab them and demand they not set it on paint.
th_b8fc4cb7.jpg

I realize it's not normal to look after car paint(cars that are not even my own included) with more attention than an average person pays to their infant child, but there is nothing I can do about it. I think the only reason I'm not using q-tips to clean and wax my car at the moment is the fact that I'm unemployed and I'm simply not driving my car all that much. I have shelves of car cleaning products in the garage, that I use to clean and maintain my car with. Most people use a buffer to wax their car, as do I. The difference is that they use a large buffer and I use a small pad, literally the size of my palm(fingers excluded) to apply wax on my paint. This isnt a huge deal if you have something the size of a motorcycle or if youre only doing one small panel, like the gas tank lid. I go over my entire car twice with this. I have an A6, which is a mid-size car. For comparison, think of the gas tank lid in comparison to the surface area of an entire car that size. I pay special attention to all the body lines, corners and curves of the car at all times and I have my own way of going over each panel. This actually allows me to inspect each square inch of the car as I apply the wax after inspecting the car once more before as I wash it by hand. Another reason why Im absolutely crazy is the fact that my car's paint is Brilliant Black. If you know this color, you realize at least partly why I'm saying what Im saying. To put it short, this black paint GLOWS in the sun, it shines SUPER bright and this just multiplies any imperfection tenfold. I cannot have that. I have a whole bucket of microfiber cloths, with the ration of about 1 cloth per panel on my car for just taking the extra wax off the car. This is only for waxing. This doesnt include anything else. As far as jeans with metal zippers, hoodies, jackets, people leaning on cars? That's a very painfull subject for me. I never allow anyone to lean on my car EVER or I simply explode
I clearly sound insane/disturbed, but let me just show you a couple of pictures and maybe, just MAYBE I'll redeem myself at least enough for you guys not to board up your houses.

The following photos are taken after a wash. There is NO WAX on the car as of yet. The blue tape is painters tape. It is to prevent the material I use to buff my car from getting on trim. As you can see, the tape is clean, I did not buff the car yet. I only washed the car and taped it off before buffing and waxing it. Please judge for yourself if my paranoia has paid off or not. These are thumbnails of actual photos, you can click on them to view larger size photos. No editing has been done to these photos(because I simply dont know how).

Thats a bit sexist sayin about Women and all children should be taught from a young age to always respect cars i was ( we probably wouldnt get people then who didnt give a monkeys towards our cars)
I'm probably the most carefull person in a car park and yes ntyhing more annoying than getting back to your car with a dent.
But then we live in a society where not many give a f about anyones property anymore......
im just carefull about anyone else's belongings, simply because theyre not mine. its sad, but you just dont see that nowadays. something happens and 99% of the time ppl dont even appologize.

I always park across 2 spaces, and I'm not over protective just came to realise not every1 gives a $hit about their cars like we do.

Nath....Your so greedy parking across 2 spaces, People like you make me sick!

You will find me across 2 spaces if im in the Bora :D I dont care about what other people say, spend silly money on paint and see if you can bring yourself to park it here there and anywere.

I had to leave my Bora in a crappy estate 2 weeks back when the air-ride packed up, I woke up at 3.30am and drove down to check on it.

Really, Really bad at getting worried about my Cars/Bikes.