are these rear lights on ebay the later style ? Or did the later style start in 09?

no they're the early style mate, I don't know exactly when the later ones started though

Thanks , Never going to find them on ebay Im gonna have to bite the bullet and get them off the dealer

I can get trade price at the dealers though but even so you reackon he will be cheaper ? Ive got a black a3 3dr , so the my11 lights will probably look better ? Thanks for your help.

I can barely tell the difference between MY09 and previous style lights, particularly on 3dr. Seems like a bit of a waste of money changing them IMO (realise I am likely in the minority, but thats the way I see it!!).

braque - i personally think the MY09 rears suit a black A3 better than the later darker ones. All about opinion though so go with which ones you prefer!

Thought it was only me who thought that lol
It seemed to me that the general thinking on here was that the my011 looked better on black

i prefer the my11's on darker cars the my09's on lighter cars but thats just me lol, im getting some my11's for my car at some point , as ash said get some off nige he can get them cheap i can get trade on all parts too as i work in the car trade but im still getting some from him