Are my wiper blades too high after windscreen changechange

TomL83

Reaction score
I had a cracked windscreen on my 2011 Audi A3 Sportback and Autoglass have been out to replace it. But looking at my car I'm wondering if he's put the wiperblades on a notch too high. I'm looking at old pics of my car but I can't figure it out. The passenger side wiper is sat in the chassis number on the windscreen. Is this right?

20170704 103614

20170704 103656

20170704 103855

My pet hate this, my passenger is a lot lower than yours.

My pet hate this, my passenger is a lot lower than yours.

It's doing my head in as I can't remember them being this high. I don't want to mess about with them if they are right so just wondering if anyone on here knows or has a pic so I can compare

It's personal choice really, crack of the nut and lower it down a bit.

I will wait till this afternoon for the windscreen to dry properly and then i will drop the wiper down a bit

Mine has been actually a little higher than this for a while. So is it a simple case of open bonnet, loosen nut for that wiper arm, lower the arm and re-tighten nut?

Cheers for the pic. Yeh they do look the same. I'm going to leave it how it is for now. If I see any other A3s about when im going places i will compare them.

If they don't collide with anything when activated just leave them as is.

Reactions: Raiden
They are designed to sit below the rear edge of the bonnet out of the airflow when they are in the parked position. Not hard to move when it's recently been off, I'd move it as that would really annoy me. Autoglass guy should have been more professional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are designed to sit below the rear edge of the bonnet out of the airflow when they are in the parked position. Not hard to move when it's recently been off, I'd move it as that would really annoy me. Autoglass guy should have been more professional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had my windscreen replaced by auto glass 2 days ago, it's in the same position.

Maybe they have a fetish!?

Mine has been actually a little higher than this for a while. So is it a simple case of open bonnet, loosen nut for that wiper arm, lower the arm and re-tighten nut?
Yeah if it's a struggle to remove pour boiling water over the spline magic happens and it should come free

Posted with using magic

They also need to check them so don't think it will be any problem with them as well dunno why they should be annoying as anyway you don't see them from inside...

They also need to check them so don't think it will be any problem with them as well dunno why they should be annoying as anyway you don't see them from inside...
You do if they sit to high, unless you drive like a gangster with seat laid down

Posted with using magic

You do if they sit to high, unless you drive like a gangster with seat laid down

Posted with using magic
I'm driving normally (specially cause of my bad back) so got by back pretty straight and never got distracted or annoyed by this thing, anyway I never look there as need to look at street and surroundings for idiots coming.

That's great that it doesn't bother you, but it does me and others :) We are all different :)