Are my wiper blades too high after windscreen changechange

TomL83

I had a cracked windscreen on my 2011 Audi A3 Sportback and Autoglass have been out to replace it. But looking at my car I'm wondering if he's put the wiperblades on a notch too high. I'm looking at old pics of my car but I can't figure it out. The passenger side wiper is sat in the chassis number on the windscreen. Is this right?

20170704_103614.jpg

20170704_103656.jpg

20170704_103855.jpg

DJ_26

It's personal choice really, crack of the nut and lower it down a bit.

Mine has been actually a little higher than this for a while. So is it a simple case of open bonnet, loosen nut for that wiper arm, lower the arm and re-tighten nut?

Marek196c

Gilera Runner / A3 Sportback
I will wait till this afternoon for the windscreen to dry properly and then i will drop the wiper down a bit

Sorry yes it's a 3 door, will try and get the interior trim off for a look.
Mine is higher thay yours (vin is under the arm) never got problem with it (2+ years now)

audismart

YOU ARE JUDGED BY THE CAR YOU DRIVE.
Looks identical to me mate.

IMG_0360.JPG

QuattroCalum

They are designed to sit below the rear edge of the bonnet out of the airflow when they are in the parked position. Not hard to move when it's recently been off, I'd move it as that would really annoy me. Autoglass guy should have been more professional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spiezels

They are designed to sit below the rear edge of the bonnet out of the airflow when they are in the parked position. Not hard to move when it's recently been off, I'd move it as that would really annoy me. Autoglass guy should have been more professional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had my windscreen replaced by auto glass 2 days ago, it's in the same position.

Maybe they have a fetish!?

LEE69

07 170 DSG
Mine has been actually a little higher than this for a while. So is it a simple case of open bonnet, loosen nut for that wiper arm, lower the arm and re-tighten nut?
Yeah if it's a struggle to remove pour boiling water over the spline magic happens and it should come free

Posted with using magic

audismart

YOU ARE JUDGED BY THE CAR YOU DRIVE.
Had my windscreen replaced by auto glass 2 days ago, it's in the same position.

Maybe they have a fetish!?
Or its in the correct position as it should be. Like mine.

Marek196c

They also need to check them so don't think it will be any problem with them as well dunno why they should be annoying as anyway you don't see them from inside...

LEE69

07 170 DSG
They also need to check them so don't think it will be any problem with them as well dunno why they should be annoying as anyway you don't see them from inside...
You do if they sit to high, unless you drive like a gangster with seat laid down

Posted with using magic

Marek196c

You do if they sit to high, unless you drive like a gangster with seat laid down

Posted with using magic
I'm driving normally (specially cause of my bad back) so got by back pretty straight and never got distracted or annoyed by this thing, anyway I never look there as need to look at street and surroundings for idiots coming.