Are Audi gecko air fresheners worth the money?

scoss

Reaction score
Noticed a few of these on Audi’s and see audi sell them for £8.

Are they all the same frangrance regardless of colour?

Thanks

Get them online for a fiver (Ebay) and they are great. Match the car and smell pretty good, and they are all the same fragrance. Long lasting too :)

Get them online for a fiver (Ebay) and they are great. Match the car and smell pretty good, and they are all the same fragrance. Long lasting too :)

Okay thanks, I have read online that there are two fragrances however. On the Audi website I see they have a choice of four colours. What is the fragrance that you have?

Okay thanks, I have read online that there are two fragrances however. On the Audi website I see they have a choice of four colours. What is the fragrance that you have?
This one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173135721757?ViewItem=&item=173135721757

Does seem to mention a 'fresh fruity scent' in the description which I think mine is, but I wasn't given any choice

Price up slightly since I bought mine but it's free postage too where the audi shop charges £3.95 standard postage I think

Looks good on the dash and has a red '4 rings' tag :)

This one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173135721757?ViewItem=&item=173135721757

Does seem to mention a 'fresh fruity scent' in the description which I think mine is, but I wasn't given any choice

Price up slightly since I bought mine but it's free postage too where the audi shop charges £3.95 standard postage I think

Looks good on the dash and has a red '4 rings' tag :)

Thanks just seen this description on eBay.

LIGHT GREY - ORANGE/PINE

YELLOW - TROPICAL FRUIT

BLACK - SPICEY

RED - FLOWER AROMA

Reactions: AlnSaz
Thanks just seen this description on eBay.

LIGHT GREY - ORANGE/PINE

YELLOW - TROPICAL FRUIT

BLACK - SPICEY

RED - FLOWER AROMA
Ah that's good info although not sure mine smells like orange / pine haha. I'll need to do a fragrance test next time I'm in the car :)

They are good..for about a week and then die off completely and for the price I gave up buying them, I think I bought 2. Better off getting some Autoglym Autofresh and spraying the carpets and other fabric upholstery within the car. Mine were both red and the smell was nice however just never lasted.

The smells don't last at all and aren't that great anyway. I've got them more for show as I still use the California scents Coronado Cherry . I've got a black one in the back and this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649 in the front (have to buy from Germany) and there are other countries too, Russia and Italy iirrc. My wife has a reed one in the front of hers.

Reactions: Ghost
I might go for one for their looks. Which colour I don’t know. Probably go with red or the black.

Yellow one last the longest I have found. Look good on the vent & when run out just get a California scent & stick that in a cup holder.

Yellow one last the longest I have found. Look good on the vent & when run out just get a California scent & stick that in a cup holder.

Yeah I’d do this. You can tell I’m having a slow morning when the most pressing thing on my mind is what ****** colour gecko I’m going to purchase! :)

I bought the grey gecko as I have a grey car, but to be honest, only bought it for the looks (cost a lot at the time as it was new out). Pleasant smell but only lasted two minutes. I then swapped my interior with someone on the TT Forum, so replaced it with a red one to match. I'd have said the smell was pretty much the same, but again, only lasted two minutes. I've kept it in because I like it, even though it doesn't smell of anything!

Reactions: Ghost
I like them for the 'look' and my kids love them. They do have a very short effective duration so the bottom line is they are expensive for what you pay - they are a fun item though and look good on the air vent.

What is the California scent, is it a brand?

i brought them for the fun ie look, sent went pretty fast and there were cheap when Mike was selling themm in parts request