Are all OEM wheels diamond cut?

rjb79

Reaction score
Was just looking through the 8V RS3 brochure and noticed that the standard wheel option doesn't mention it being diamond cut. Did the RS3 come with a standard alloy as the order description for C8H just states galvanised and not diamond cut.

Screenshot 2021 05 14 at 141224

Don't know about the Rotors but the Blades certainly did. Standard alloy was not diamond cut, just silver all over. Not a fan of diamond cut myself.

Yup the stock wheels were just plain painted, no diamond cut anywhere.

Reactions: rjb79
It literally says in the description that the titanium finish ones are diamond cut ;)

so how much is a new 19inch wheel for an rs3

was thinking about getting the new yaris gr, had a couple tests drive and it really is good. Not cheap for a small car but when you consider the key elements (engine, gearbox/suspension/brakes/bodywork/carbon) are bespoke its price is not too horrific.....unlike what some thick you tube supercar owning dullards think

one thing though, the wheels on it are £2000 each to replace, ouch!

so how much is a new 19inch wheel for an rs3

was thinking about getting the new yaris gr, had a couple tests drive and it really is good. Not cheap for a small car but when you consider the key elements (engine, gearbox/suspension/brakes/bodywork/carbon) are bespoke its price is not too horrific.....unlike what some thick you tube supercar owning dullards think

one thing though, the wheels on it are £2000 each to replace, ouch!
£2k per wheel!! Seems excessive thats a 1/4 of the base purchase price just on 4 wheels.

£2k per wheel!! Seems excessive thats a 1/4 of the base purchase price just on 4 wheels.
Yep, its true. They asked if i wanted wheel and tyre insurance and I said no. The salesman said are you sure as replacement wheels are £1600 plus VAT. They are forged alloys and bespoke to only the Yaris GR.

When you look at the bespoke items, it is no surprise how much it costs to buy :
Carbon roof
Handbuilt engine that takes 10x to build than a normal yaris
Bespoke wide body - lots of alloy
Bepsoke 4wd trick system you wont get on any other production car - can be true 4wd, slightly fwd, slightly rwd
bespoke wheels
bespoke brakes

functional, fairly basic interior but who cares
manual geabox - yes - one of the best i have used which took alot of punishment in the short 40 min drive i did

is it the fatest car in a straight, no, the rs3 would spank it. But i would say it will be one of, if not the fatest down a country lane/b road. I reckon it might even be quicker than a porsche 911 gt3 down a country lane/twisty b road

Just don't hit the wrong gear, they really don't like being over-revved :crying:
Don't think that's an issue, you could say that about any car. If you drop down from 4th to 2nd and hit 11000 revs few engines will like it. Tjonm thatswgsf happened to Robert at apex when on the nurburgring

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

you could say that about any car. If you drop down from 4th to 2nd and hit 11000 revs few engines will like it.

Agreed but the look of those rockers doesn't fill me with confidence, sooner let others blaze that trail.

Agreed but the look of those rockers doesn't fill me with confidence, sooner let others blaze that trail.
Toyota are usually very reliable though.far more reliable than German brands.

I didn't get one in the end as I can't justify 5 cars lol.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk