ARB rubbing on wishbone after lowering

Jacko4130

Goodie Gum Drops
Reaction score
Have just lowered my S3 on coilovers and now finding that my ARB is rubbing on my wishbone

Do i need smaller drop links and if so what car do they come from?

Cheers

Dont think these fit a S3 though as there mega short, any ideas?

Its a FK Street kit from Ebay, Regret fitting them now as all its done is bang and knock since fitting...

Will go take a few photos now

Right pics taken but now it seems theres a little gap, There is deffo a metal to metal noise when being driven at low speeds and when jacked up earlier with the wheel off the ARB was touching the wishbone....
[IMG
]
photo-19.jpg
[/IMG]

Have looked at the rear as well and should the coil be that compressed????

Last edited by a moderator:

Looks like the mounting point for the tie bar on the strut is lower than std... this will bring the ARB closer to the wishbone...

Look at a picture of my Bilstein B8 damper in comparison...
IMAG0698.jpg

I don't know what car the kit you bought was for but it doesn't look right to me...

As for what you do next then I am not sure... you 'may' be able to get shorter tie bars from a different make/model as I have seen these on other makes before but not sure what... you could start by measuring the difference between the coil overs and the dampers you took off for starters to see if there is much of a difference there...

<tuffty/>

Yep there miles out for Standard ARB droplinks, they should have come with revised drop links...
As tufty says measure the difference, and i would get them cut and shut....bit of a design error maybe?
Its funny how most other coilover kits use the origonal drop link....

Last edited:
In the pic from the add it shown the kit with drop links, Gonna open a case with paypal and get a refund me thinks...

I had exactly the same problem when I fitted mine last week. I had to cut 2 1/2 inches out of the drop links and weld them back together. Got a good weld on there so they're nice and strong. My rear shocks also knock a bit. I've been in contact with the seller and he's agreed to send me another pair when I've had the faulty pair picked up. He also told me that the FK AK kits don't come with shortened drop links? I thought they did as that's what is shown in the pic.
Also, it looks like you have your rear spring adjusters on upside down?

I had exactly the same problem when I fitted mine last week. I had to cut 2 1/2 inches out of the drop links and weld them back together. Got a good weld on there so they're nice and strong. My rear shocks also knock a bit. I've been in contact with the seller and he's agreed to send me another pair when I've had the faulty pair picked up. He also told me that the FK AK kits don't come with shortened drop links? I thought they did as that's what is shown in the pic.
Also, it looks like you have your rear spring adjusters on upside down?

You got any pics of your rears?

Have been in contact with the seller EXPRESSENTERPRISEPARTS1 and he said i have the car 2 low hence my problem..... I have opened a paypal case as the pic shows drop links...

The trouble is mate you wont be able to buy them as they will be made for that particular set up....or ask them?
If stuck I work in leeds so if you come up you can whip the links off and i will happily cut and re-weld them for you...
Have you got a link to these? it seems very odd...:think:

Cheers Dave, have emailed the seller again saying i want the correct drop links or my cash back.

I cant stand being fobbed off by ebay sellers, He was not happy when i paypal disputed him...

You got any pics of your rears?

Have been in contact with the seller EXPRESSENTERPRISEPARTS1 and he said i have the car 2 low hence my problem..... I have opened a paypal case as the pic shows drop links...

I haven't got any pics as My camera's broken but the adjusters go at the top. I can't see how the adjusters on yours fitted at the bottom?
I've been having email conversations with the same place as you got your kit from. I'm having my rear shocks picked up today as they're knocking and He's also agreed to send me out some shortened drop links. He seems to think that FK have told Him that they don't come in the kit so I told Him different!

Sorted now getting the drop links for free, but now thinking of getting some spax coil overs instead of this hassle with cheaper units