ARB and suspension choices recommendations

dunk

Reaction score
im looking to upgrade my 2.0tdi SE handling without going hard or silly - its a road car not a racer but i want less understeer without being s-line or s3 harsh.

ARB kit to reduce understeer
neuspeed rear only? Eibach F+R kit? H&R F+R kit?

lowering to add negative camber
Eibach lowering springs -30mm
?other not too hard options

dampers at some point
Bilstein? were perfect for 8L s3 but for the 8P?
Koni FSD? seem to be good

alternatively is a cheap coilover kit going to be harder/better/worse than the above - i dont need adjustability i need good compliant fit and forget road car settings, i was considering:
FK = koni?
Weitec = KW

any recommendations?

I'd get the Weitec :icon_thumright: . Same as me Dunk :friends: . I'm gettin KW V2s and the H&R anti-roll bar kit:racer: . I can't find any tie bar kits for the 2.0 tdi (140)..:confused:

thanks,
you say you are getting kw v2 but recommend weitec - how come?

Why not just get the car's geometry set up properly instead of replacing parts that by default will need to have the geometry done anyway? It would be a lot cheaper. A full geo (non-corner weighted) shouldn't cost more than perhaps £130 by a proper motorsport company. Don't confuse this with a kwik Fit tracking check.

Saying that I'm not sure how adjustable the A3 suspension is, but toe, camber, caster could all be set up on standard suspension on previous cars and 3rd party suspension was only needed to lower the car and give it a low centre of gravity and allow it to be fully corner weighted (not more camber as that could be done already).

The other thing to remeber is that a front engines, front/four wheel drive car is always going to have an understeer tendancy unless you know how to drive around this an provoke oversteer. Perhaps some performance driving lessons would be a good idea? I know several guys that I would recommend very highly indeed. One of them is based at the Top Gear track which you would get to yourself for an hour or so.

unfortunately the front camber is fixed at almost nothing and with a heavy engined car this is going to make dialling out the understeer very difficult

negative camber is going to involve either new lower arms modified for negative camber or lowering the car.

are the weitecs going to be harder than a standard SE? and if so, will they be as hard as the s-line stuff that everyone seems to complain about?