Ara Blue or Java Green ?

Ara Blue or Java Green

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LSBasi

Reaction score
Priced up my new RS3 today with Audi Pride Park (Derby).

I’ll be pulling the trigger on my order Sunday with all option boxes ticked (apart from the Limiter removal #ripoff).

Only outstanding issue is colour. Narrowed it down to Ara Blue with that WICKED crystal fleck or the expensive option for the more exclusive Java Green (£2,400)

All opinions and feedback greatly appreciated

P.s] Java green not Viper Green

Nice colour choices!

I test drove an Ara saloon, colour definitely popped but for me a bit too bright, preferred sepang on my old S3.

Java a brave choice but between the 2 the green has to get it as it must be rarer and definitely a lovely colour.

Reactions: LSBasi
In not sure anyone can tell you what colour you will prefer, it’s a personal thing.

The Ara blue is a solid choice with broad appeal. The green is the more exotic and interesting choice which you may ending up loving or hating down the road.

I bought a nardo grey and it’s a colour I never thought I would buy, but I did and still loving it after a year and a half.

In not sure anyone can tell you what colour you will prefer, it’s a personal thing.

The Ara blue is a solid choice with broad appeal. The green is the more exotic and interesting choice which you may ending up loving or hating down the road.

I bought a nardo grey and it’s a colour I never thought I would buy, but I did and still loving it after a year and a half.

Totally agree, just trying to gauge other people opinions to help form my own.

I heard Ara Blue described as looking like Toyota blue in direct sunlight which really put me off, not that I’ve seen it with my own eyes.

Such a tough decision :scared2:

Floret silver.
However dull that may sound, looks amazing in the flesh

Reactions: Dan_DJT, TheFiftheElement and LSBasi
Didn't Audi drop all the options re WLTP? Isn't it just a regular car or the sport version now?

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Didn't Audi drop all the options re WLTP? Isn't it just a regular car or the sport version now?

TX.

They've packaged the Blackpack, sports seats, pan roof, mag ride and sports exhaust, under the “Audi Sports Edition” (which you still have to opt and pay for).

Then you can still pay extra for things like the Matrix headlights, Comfort & Sound pack, Electric seats, assistance packs, Paint colour etc

I think that’s what you were asking lol

Reactions: Terminator x
They've packaged the Blackpack, sports seats, pan roof, mag ride and sports exhaust, under the “Audi Sports Edition” (which you still have to opt and pay for).

Then you can still pay extra for things like the Matrix headlights, Comfort & Sound pack, Electric seats, assistance packs, Paint colour etc

I think that’s what you were asking lol
Mag ride isn’t included in the Sport Edition, states sports suspension on the Configurator, although I’ve got the Sport Edition and I’m pretty sure it has mag ride due to the ability to adjust the dampers via the mmi, was a dealer order car but with great options including matrix lights.

Ive got Ara Blue and I love it but as previously mentioned its a personal choice that only you can make.

heres a pic of mines sitting in the showroom absolutely love it, really pops in the sun

Attachments

• RS3 side.jpg
    RS3 side.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 302
Reactions: CHEZ
I’d go for the green, blue is really nice but that green on a RS3 will look 10/10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TX.

Im really upset that they dropped the RS design pack option. It really added something to the cabin. Can’t even get extended leatherette package anymore. Have to make do with hard sh*ty plastic knee pads

Reactions: LSBasi and Madmo
Why go and have a colour that every third RS3 on the road will be?? If you want to stand out, go Audi exclusive. Plus it will more likely be easier to sell down the track rather than being one of 20 other Ara Blue RS3's. Look at other rarer colours like Racing Mica Blue, or a darker green like Verdant green (******* gorgeous) with a black pack trim. I'm sure there's still a million Sepang Blue S/RS3's out there still. Be unique. I know I'll be going a colour on my next RS3 that none will have here in Australia. Life's too short to spend the kind of money on an RS3 and have a bland common colour.

Reactions: LSBasi and Bryant1998
Why go and have a colour that every third RS3 on the road will be?? If you want to stand out, go Audi exclusive. Plus it will more likely be easier to sell down the track rather than being one of 20 other Ara Blue RS3's. Look at other rarer colours like Racing Mica Blue, or a darker green like Verdant green (******* gorgeous) with a black pack trim. I'm sure there's still a million Sepang Blue S/RS3's out there still. Be unique. I know I'll be going a colour on my next RS3 that none will have here in Australia. Life's too short to spend the kind of money on an RS3 and have a bland common colour.

Your right. I also didn’t realise that Ara Blue is available across the entire Audi range. I don’t want my RS3 to be the same colour as someone else’s diesel Audi

Resale value I’m not concerned about as I intend to keep this car for life (especially if the next RS3 ends up a 4 cylinder)

Cheers for the input, you’ve actually given me the final 10% of encouragement I needed to decide on the Java Green

:rockwoot:

Reactions: Bryant1998
Your right. I also didn’t realise that Ara Blue is available across the entire Audi range. I don’t want my RS3 to be the same colour as someone else’s diesel Audi

Resale value I’m not concerned about as I intend to keep this car for life (especially if the next RS3 ends up a 4 cylinder)

Cheers for the input, you’ve actually given me the final 10% of encouragement I needed to decide on the Java Green

:rockwoot:

Even MORE reason to go exclusive, if you want to keep it long term. Happy to have helped mate.

I have a Nardo S3 saloon here (probably the first of maybe 2 in the country) and before Nardo became popular. Now there are more Nardo RS3s on the road but never a Nardo S3. I love the looks I get from fellow S/RS3 drivers that realise it's an exclusive on an S3. Resale will go well too. But as MUCH as I absolutely LOVE Nardo (not just the colour itself but the dirt and swirl hiding properties as well), there's no way I'll do it again, coz I know every third RS3 on the road is Nardo.

I was originally thinking Merlin for my next car (RS3), but I think Dark Red Mica with black pack will look amazing. No others in the country either, so it's nice to know you're driving a car/colour combo that no one else has.