Ara Blue Opinions?

I tho k the biggest confusion with Ara is how it looks on the configurator, it's basically turquoise, or did they fix that?

I tho k the biggest confusion with Ara is how it looks on the configurator, it's basically turquoise, or did they fix that?
Yea it doesn’t look turquoise to me on the configurator so maybe has changed. I know it looks good whatever it is though :)

Reactions: MattSedg
Being a few months old I hadn't noticed this thread before, but seeing as my attention has been drawn to it now I want to very firmly throw my support behind Ara Blue. :rock:
When originally enquiring about an S3 I said it had to be Ara Blue or nothing for me.
Its a beautiful colour...I've never had so many compliments about any car and they all mention the colour.
I love it. :sunglasses:

Reactions: Bells, JDHOWELLS, MattSedg and 1 other person
Actually, I prefer the look of my Ara Blue on overcast and rainy days. In the full sun it kind of washes out. In artificial light at night or in parking lots with fluorescent lighting it is a knockout. Also I have had a ton of compliments on the colour which no other car I have owned has received as many wows on the colour. I am still a big fan of Sepang though. Sepang in the sun, Ara on overcast are my thoughts.
Same i get lots of compliments too - my friend has Daytona FL, we bought at the same time, thats my second choice colour, but he doesnt get the compliments ;p

Same i get lots of compliments too - my friend has Daytona FL, we bought at the same time, thats my second choice colour, but he doesnt get the compliments ;p
Yea I love Daytona too it’s a lovely colour, but I don’t think it has quite the wow factor that ara has.

Reactions: JDHOWELLS
Ara blue is too blue for my own personal taste very abrupt in its tone although it looks spectacular in direct sunshine full of glitter, but nothing beats Daytona in direct sunlight nothing with so many different coloured ceramic particles again but l wouldn't have Daytona either, too much of a green tone going on with it when out of the sun/light again that old cliche = it's all subjective

I picked up my Ara Blue RS3 Saloon on Thursday evening and I went for Blue because its my favourite colour but I am really not sure about Ara Blue. Don’t get me wrong I love the car and I am not about to wrap it or anything but I was curious on the consensus from those on here who have an Ara car or have seen it.

First of all my thoughts; I am 75% for liking it. On a miserable cold day (like today as I write this) it is way too bright. As I parked it in the town centre where I am I was surrounded by several cars that in this weather look like they are same colour, a Mercedes, a Toyota etc. It looked too bright and stupid.

Now I know from collecting the car in bright light it sparkles and looks beautiful and in the dark is seems to get darker which I love. My parents are not a fan of the colour. It seems to be a bit of a love it or hate it colour.
Well.. if I am completely honest I really do not like it. Far too brash, look at me colour. But.. I’m an old fart and prefer subtle colours. My RS3 was Mythos, my new RS4 is Mythos, my S 3 daily driver is Navarra Blue which just about works in the subtle department. Ara not for me but neither is Red, White, Viper Green!!

Well.. if I am completely honest I really do not like it. Far too brash, look at me colour. But.. I’m an old fart and prefer subtle colours. My RS3 was Mythos, my new RS4 is Mythos, my S 3 daily driver is Navarra Blue which just about works in the subtle department. Ara not for me but neither is Red, White, Viper Green!!

“Far to brash look at me”.. from the guy who let us know he has an RS4 and an S3 as a just run around .. nothing brash or look at me about that..

Do like your colour choices though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pook
“Far to brash look at me”.. from the guy who let us know he has an RS4 and an S3 as a just run around .. nothing brash or look at me about that..

Sorry mate but you do 40k miles a year in one car! My cars are very subtle! Got other run arounds too

Sorry mate but you do 40k miles a year in one car! My cars are very subtle! Got other run arounds too
And there all black black black eh..lol
Think you only went for that Navarra blue S3 instead of black because you got a good deal on otherwise it would been black lol black ain't subtle it's just black

Reactions: T-800, Pook and JDHOWELLS

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

And there all black black black eh..lol
Think you only went for that Navarra blue S3 instead of black because you got a good deal on otherwise it would been black lol black ain't subtle it's just black
Of course Black is subtle... it's not an in your face look at me colour. and yes Navarra was only because of a cracking deal, why else would you have any other colour apart from Black? Other cars are MG Teal Blue and Silver!!

@RGBARGEE

oyyyyyy .... don't start on silver :tearsofjoy:

Had black .... been there, done it, never again lol :tonguewink:

Frickin lavendar ... ya colour blind man lol :tearsofjoy:
Floret is awesome ... so much so I could easily have it again :icon thumright:
You jumped in there! Did I suggest Floret is metallic lavender? Don’t think I did but now you come to mention it !

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Are we talking about what frock to wear to the party? Colour choice is very personal and also shows a bit about your character. To be very frank a lot of us want to join the herd and not stand out and we dress in the same manner. I say bravo to those who follow their hearts and just say I really like my choice, regardless of what others think, and yes I can spot my car (Ara Blue) in a parking lot easily in a sea of uniformity.
Mind you I am an old fart and conformity I could not care a hoot about.

Reactions: Pook and Jassyo06
Are we talking about what frock to wear to the party? Colour choice is very personal and also shows a bit about your character. To be very frank a lot of us want to join the herd and not stand out and we dress in the same manner. I say bravo to those who follow their hearts and just say I really like my choice, regardless of what others think, and yes I can spot my car (Ara Blue) in a parking lot easily in a sea of uniformity.
Mind you I am an old fart and conformity I could not care a hoot about.
I'm an old fart too.. but don't want my car to stand out too much based on looks... just a lovely smell of Castrol R would do..

I am somewhat of an old farther myself.....but only relative to Internet car forums wise....in all other ways I don't consider myself old.
Regarding not wanting to stand out from the herd.....my previous car was a current model Civic Type R, so make up your own mind about that. :D

We all seem to have different views and it will take a lot to change my views.

Love
Audi/VW
RS/S models
quattro
Black/black /black maybe odd dark blue/Daytona
Pano roof
B&O /Bose

Dislike
Overtly flash bling
BMW
m-b post 1995
Personal plates
De badging
Metallic Lavender

Dislike
Personal plates
You have never had a personal plate? Well done for not calling them private plates by the way. :)
All the expensive flash cars you advertise and you have run of the mill numbers on them?
What exactly is it about personal plates that you dislike so much?
I don't see a problem with personal plates.....I have had mine for 20 years. :)

Reactions: AllanG and Tom.H