APY turbo to later models?

metricspaces

Reaction score
I'm looking to fit the APY turbo to a 2002 225 BHP TT engine. Is this possible?

I have an APY turbo, but it seems to have an extra hole that the turbo from later engine does not have. Any ideas?

The later s3s have a extra hole in the hot side for the EGT sensor, are you it's it's not a turbo off a AMK or bam?

I had a turbo from an APY S3 that I gave to a friend who has a 2002 TT (225bhp engine). Assumed it would fit, but he says that my turbo has an extra hole?

The part number of the APY S3 turbo is 53041015078 10.99

I think you have answered your own question... while physically it will fit the APY hotside lacks the EGT bung required for the later AMK/BAM engine codes... you can swap the hotside out with the old one (as the main part of the turbo and the compressor housing are the same) if its serviceable or have a word with Beach Buggy turbo's about sourcing a replacement hotside/turbo

<tuffty/>

If I'm understanding you correctly you are saying that the turbo from a BAM engine will have an extra hole for EGT.

But what my friend is telling me is that my turbo from an APY engine has an extra hole that the turbo from his 2002 225 TT does not have. Which sounds to be the opposite of what you are saying?

If I'm understanding you correctly you are saying that the turbo from a BAM engine will have an extra hole for EGT.

But what my friend is telling me is that my turbo from an APY engine has an extra hole that the turbo from his 2002 225 TT does not have. Which sounds to be the opposite of what you are saying?

Your friend is wrong I'm afraid... if he has an APY with a turbo that has the EGT bung in the hotside then the turbo was swapped out at some point... a 2002 225 TT will be a BAM engine code and should have the EGT bung... if it doesn't then he has the wrong turbo fitted..

<tuffty/>

OK, so it sounds like my friend has an extra hole in his turbo for the EGT?

His problem is the turbo from the APY engine does not have the hole for the EGT?

Is swapping the hotside from his old turbo to my turbo the only way of solving the problem here? Can you use the turbo without the EGT?

You will need a hotside with an EGT boss for the TT... the EGT probe is a key part of the way the ECU works amd not having it in place can result in engine damage...

The cartridge of the turbo is the same so you can swap hotsides (assuming they are both std turbos) so that you end up with a good one with an EGT probe boss

<tuffty/>