APY Golf Rallye!

ese-tres

APY RALLYE
Reaction score
Hello everyone from Spain!
I think this is the rigth place to introduce myself.
My name is Federico, I live in Spain and building a s3-golf rallye project. I thought I could share some experiences and also learn some others on this forum, so here I am.
Yes, that´s wrigth, I´m replacing engine, 02M, Haldex, 5x100, ABS, EDS, airbags, interior and even the sunroof.
I know it will take time and patiance but the result should be just glorius.
I don´t know if anyone has done this around here, but if you´d like, I could share some pictures as they become available.
Will keep in touch!
Cheers!

PS. Excuse my english if any mistakes!:meeting:

muchos gratias compadre....your English is much better than my Spanish,the project sounds very interesting.
Welcome to the site and I am glad to see you have took the time to seek out a good Audi site

Well, project will sure take a long time because I only dedicate time to it on Sundays plus I take my time to do it right. But I´ll keep you posted on the progresses.
By the way, do you guys know the best and safest way of getting the most power of that k04 on the APY?
The car will be a daily driver with a/c, so I don´t need those
300 ponys everybody is after on this engines.
Cheers to all!:thumbsup:

Welcome mate

I own a Rallye and an S3 so have best of both worlds, love the G60 lump too much tho! So much character

grathies said:
Welcome mate

I own a Rallye and an S3 so have best of both worlds, love the G60 lump too much tho! So much character

I´ll also have the best of both worlds, but in the same car:rockwoot:. Budget for one car only.
Cheers

S3Steve said:
Welcome mate, look forward to seeing your progress on the project

It will take some time to finish it but promess to keep you posted:weight_lift2:

Quite a few of them over here now, seem to work well, just couldnt bring my self to do that to a Rallye tho!

My mate Kev had an amazing S3 install in his Rallye, one hell of an engineering feat with all the haldex fitted, only problem with it was rust attacking the structure of the car being in the wet uk. So your Rallye has a Sunroof then?

Hi Federico
King regards for Vw Rally re instal!
2.0T or 1.8T engine from S3?

grathies said:
Quite a few of them over here now, seem to work well, just couldnt bring my self to do that to a Rallye tho!

My mate Kev had an amazing S3 install in his Rallye, one hell of an engineering feat with all the haldex fitted, only problem with it was rust attacking the structure of the car being in the wet uk. So your Rallye has a Sunroof then?

It´s a nice idea to have a Rallye with an S3 soul. And the sunroof is been implanted from the donor S3.
By the way. Do you Know if any of the Rally-S3 built on this site has the S3 dashboard installed? Any pics? Cause I´m also transplanting the whole interior.
Cheers

8 sin said:
Hi Federico
King regards for Vw Rally re instal!
2.0T or 1.8T engine from S3?

Hello 8 sin. The engine is the APY code = 1.8T 210Hp, pre-reestyling S3.
I have the complete wreck car to take apart and put it in the Rallye. 02M and Haldex included:yahoo:

ese-tres said:
It´s a nice idea to have a Rallye with an S3 soul. And the sunroof is been implanted from the donor S3.
By the way. Do you Know if any of the Rally-S3 built on this site has the S3 dashboard installed? Any pics? Cause I´m also transplanting the whole interior.
Cheers

What I meant was does it have a sunroof at the moment? If not DO NOT CUT IT!!!

If you want Ill explain why thru a private message, but please for the love of god dont put a sun roof into a non sunroof Rallye!

Ill see if I can find some pics for you. Most people go for the TT Dash as its nicer than the S3, the S3 is only one step up from nasty Jap dashs!

Jesus, that's what I call a project...I wouldn't have the skill or patience...