Apr stg2 remap

RedRS3Reilly

Reaction score
I had a dyno session today and want to post up the results and get feedback from you guys
List of mods:
Apr ecu stg2
Apr gearbox map
V600 Intake
Scorpion decat downpipe
Forge intercooler
Apr turbo muffler delete
Dte systems pedalbox

Reactions: DAZMC, Rob2k68 and THQuattro
How does stage 2 feels compared to stage 1 ? How is the DSG software... I hate the stock DSG software. For me it shifts to early into higher gears.

Can you measure 0-60 ?

Best regards from germany

Reactions: RedRS3Reilly
blimey only 10bhp extra with all the extra mods, you also seem to spool up later than stage 1?

Reactions: DAZMC
I need to do another dyno run, the Intake wasn't correctly fitted and as a result the gaps at each side were drawing hot air from the engine, it's been rectified now but need another dyno to log the result

How does stage 2 feels compared to stage 1 ? How is the DSG software... I hate the stock DSG software. For me it shifts to early into higher gears.

Can you measure 0-60 ?

Best regards from germany
Not much of a difference between the two stages, the dsg software is very good, when you select manual, the car doesn't change up or down without driver input, I've not tried a 0-60 times run yet but when I do I will post the time up

You mean the R600 intake?

On the internet you find different versions how people install the system. Look at the screws on the left and right. There you see the difference.

Look at the pictures.

Correct:
Correct

Wrong:

Wrong

The stronic clutches are coping fine, I've had the gearbox mapped which helps things a lot
You mean the R600 intake?

On the internet you find different versions how people install the system. Look at the screws on the left and right. There you see the difference.

Look at the pictures.

Correct: View attachment 80061

Wrong:

View attachment 80062

that was exactly the problem with my intake, the top section was screwed on the top, it has now been correctly fitted, thanks for the pics

I had the same problem at the beginning. Fitted it at first wrong :whistle2:

intercooler is supposed to add more peak power... Could be the dyno or like you said something wrong with the air intake?
Yes, pepperisback has just hit the nail on the head with the two pictures, the intake on my car was fitted incorrect as in the photo, now sorted

I hope for you that it is just the air induction problem thats reduced the figures. If not, I would be raging with those results... thats like £2k worth of extra mods on the stage 2 for basicaly next to nothing in return.

:shrug:

Funny that the incorrect pic is from the VWR's own website! I did the same when I had one lol!

With the middle screw fitted it will just bend 4mm or so towards the outer edges - can't see this being a significant performance issue.

Funny that the incorrect pic is from the VWR's own website! I did the same when I had one lol!

With the middle screw fitted it will just bend 4mm or so towards the outer edges - can't see this being a significant performance issue.
If the intake is not performing due to heat soak due to large gaps at each side then there will be a big difference

Reactions: Rob2k68
As you all know,dynos are a real lottery.

Ambient temp,how well the car is tied down,how well the cooling fans in the dyno perform,heat soak etc etc all make a difference,but the important thing here is that you've used the same dyno,which does reduce the variables a bit.

A large intercooler may add a few bhp at peak rpm compared to the stock I/c but it's biggest effect is in maintaining performance across a wider range than a smaller or more restrictive one can do.
That's especially obvious when inlet temps are high.

Looking at your graphs,aside from quite small increases in bhp and torque,is that your torque peak has come down to around 4000rpm,and is noticeably more of a bump,but other than that,not a whole lot has changed.

Another dyno run on a different machine with the intake working efficiently now and peak hp figures are pretty similar but the torque levels are much better, now 432ft lbs 585nm

Reactions: S3Alex
Another dyno run on a different machine with the intake working efficiently now and peak hp figures are pretty similar but the torque levels are much better, now 432ft lbs 585nm

That's a much better result! Great list of mods, bet the car is fantastic to drive.