Saloon Apr Stage2

Dodgygtr

Reaction score

Just a quick vid plus I had APR springs fitted too.

Attachments

• B9ECE53A-764B-44F3-AB72-0B8374232784.jpeg
    B9ECE53A-764B-44F3-AB72-0B8374232784.jpeg
    301.4 KB · Views: 348
  • 535BD318-C4A7-4E63-A623-9197DE7E63F0.jpeg
    535BD318-C4A7-4E63-A623-9197DE7E63F0.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 265
Reactions: Callum66, FBF01, jimojameso and 1 other person
Nearly 500lbft of torque at 4000rpm, yes please! Remind me of your mods again?

Still not sure on those gold wheels, though ;)

Nearly 500lbft of torque at 4000rpm, yes please! Remind me of your mods again?

Still not sure on those gold wheels, though ;)
Lol
Apr panel filter (soon to be custom intake)
Apr downpipe
Apr springs
Apr stage 2 maps 98ron, 102ron, e85 all with pops and bangs.
Wagner Intercooler
Volks TE37 Ultras 8.5/19
Michelin p4s 245/35/19

So basically intercooler and downpipe have released the power. Awesome. Enjoy!

Yep I think to realistically get more power it’s turbo and fueling time.
Stage 2 cars are running some quite frankly incredible times. Not much on the road is going to compete with you already so I'm not sure I'd bother with a bigger turbo!

I think you were in the same day as me, Monday was it not? I was in getting the Emmanuele springs and was told another 8V was in for APR springs.

Wish I’d heard your car in person on the dyno. Sounds unreal!

I think you were in the same day as me, Monday was it not? I was in getting the Emmanuele springs and was told another 8V was in for APR springs.

Wish I’d heard your car in person on the dyno. Sounds unreal!
Yep I was think I saw you car outside, we went into Glasgow for the day so only got back around 4to5ish.
Was going to go with the Emmanuele ones but I didn’t want to go too low, I’ll see how these go in the next few weeks after they settle.

Reactions: FBF01
It sound much louder stood right behind it, at first I thought it was another car till my mate pointed out it was mine coming round the corner.

The correct way up
9BA2BD0C A69C 4FC1 BCC6 B1D96DD540B3

90A3A01A C040 451E B177 59C524D74A73

Stage 1 results.

@Dodgygtr Quick question - notwithstanding that they may have been on different dyno's, the headline figures don't look that far apart really (25BHP and single digits on the torque), so does it feel massively different? Ta

Edit - same place so would assume same dyno - just weather conditions to take into account then

The pops and bangs are spot on, not too over the top like some I've heard. Does it have the crackle map on or is it just louder because of the downpipe?

@Dodgygtr Quick question - notwithstanding that they may have been on different dyno's, the headline figures don't look that far apart really (25BHP and single digits on the torque), so does it feel massively different? Ta

Edit - same place so would assume same dyno - just weather conditions to take into account then
Stage 1 will always give the biggest returns. It seems consistent with other cars at stage 2 that downpipe and intercooler add another 20-30bhp, but it will also be more consistent performance with less heat soak etc.

If I had a reputable place near me with a dyno I'd let you know what my stage 1 is running. I'm guessing between 460-480.

Reactions: Terminator x
Ta - to put my question another way though...

For "seat of the pants ludicrous acceleration feel", what does stage 2 offer me over and above (for instance) Stage 1 with the smallest Wagner intercooler (for heat soak issues).

That said - not even an owner yet, but I do like to do my research lol. Only asking as the peak figures seem so close, is there a massive difference in the midrange, or alternatively it drops off less at high revs etc. Ta for your input though, I'm not trying to be that awkward sod that keeps asking the same question :friendly wink:

For "seat of the pants ludicrous acceleration feel", what does stage 2 offer me over and above (for instance) Stage 1 with the smallest Wagner intercooler (for heat soak issues).

That said - not even an owner yet, but I do like to do my research lol. Only asking as the peak figures seem so close, is there a massive difference in the midrange, or alternatively it drops off less at high revs etc. Ta for your input though, I'm not trying to be that awkward sod that keeps asking the same question :friendly wink:
There is obviously a difference between stage 1 and 2, but it is very much diminishing returns. My stage 1 is ludicrously fast and lit up all four wheels yesterday! While I'd like stage 2, it becomes a bit more expensive and even more awkward with warranty claims once you start bolting on new downpipes.

True - I think Stage 1 with the smallest Wagner intercooler and the PCW exhaust mod is as far as I'd like to go although I should get used to the standard car first lol.

Reactions: Terminator x

Stage 1 was middle of summer eg very hot in Dyno. Second one a lot colder so that helped too but with a big intake I should see more improvement.

There is obviously a difference between stage 1 and 2, but it is very much diminishing returns. My stage 1 is ludicrously fast and lit up all four wheels yesterday! While I'd like stage 2, it becomes a bit more expensive and even more awkward with warranty claims once you start bolting on new downpipes.
Stage 2 comes with the low grip map and it does grip alot better than before when you launch it.

I’ve got the big Wagner intercooler and still got heat soak on stage 1 as it was stupid warm in the Dyno room. Stage 2 was a lot colder.

Standard Pirellis must be really poor as I have no grip now launching and will spin up in 2nd and 3rd. Great fun though and still managed a 0-60 in 3,23 on the dragy with no grip

Standard Pirellis must be really poor as I have no grip now launching and will spin up in 2nd and 3rd. Great fun though and still managed a 0-60 in 3,23 on the dragy with no grip

The revised APR map I now have is night day to the original map. Like you, id be spinning up all over the road, with the “new” map, it’s grip is staggering. What a difference.

I’m on Michelin mp4’s now 245/35/19

I defo need to change tyres, the roads were a little better tonight and got some grip off the line but going to have to be really dry for a 2 second 0-60 now with the low grip map. Car is stupidly quick though

I defo need to change tyres, the roads were a little better tonight and got some grip off the line but going to have to be really dry for a 2 second 0-60 now with the low grip map. Car is stupidly quick though
Do you have APR stage 1?